Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Bo's bath turned into an adventure. We made a stop at a surgical supply to get a left hand wrist brace for Mrs. Awsum. From there, on to Princeton and Petco. The place looked almost deserted and we had to go to the checkout register, no customers there, to get the grooming area person.

Anyhow, he had a nice bath and didn't seem to mind it as much as normal. It was hot out, in the mid 90's, so we walked around the strip mall to let him finish drying. then headed on home. That was the start of the adventure.

I pulled into traffic on 295 and noticed a wisp of steam come up from the left front at the corner of the hood and fender. Uh oh! Pulled over, with the "coolant" warning lit and steam was coming from that corner. I popped the hood and looked, but really couldn't see where the leak is. Anyhow, called AAA and that was painful. What's so hard about "mile marker 66.8 on 295 southbound" for a location? They had me on Route 1, a mile back and definitely not 295. Expected wait time was a half hour. No shade, little breeze and a big doggy made it a long wait even though it was about fifteen minutes.

Then it got more interesting. One of us wanted to ride in the Jeep with Bo but they couldn't allow that, rules or law I'm not sure. Poor Bo was really hot, as we all were. The flat bed driver gave us a bottle of ice water for Bo but he is very picky about water and wouldn't drink it. Then the Jeep, with Bo in it, got secured down and we got in the truck for the ride home. The AC in the truck wasn't working and the passenger window regulator was broken so that didn't open. When we got home Mrs. Awsum and I were both soaked and Bo was panting like a race horse. He finally cooled down, after drinking about a half gallon of water.

Tomorrow I get to play "Shade Tree Mechanic" in 95 degree heat. So much fun.
A good day turned bad :( Some rules/laws are rediculous....poor Bo :( I am glad everyone is ok.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Good morning, Voltinians.

Supposed to be 93 degrees today.

Did I ever show you my flower photos?

[URL='http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/013_zpsnlicosbh.jpg.html'] [/URL]
Daylillies look fantastic this year.

[URL='http://[URL=http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/015_zpso1a6petd.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/renolizzie/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/015_zpso1a6petd.jpg[/IMG][/URL]'][URL='http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/015_zpso1a6petd.jpg.html']
[/URL]
A wild form of Penstemmons and some purple true sages.

[URL='http://[URL=http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/010_zpsvtoeuqrd.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/renolizzie/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/010_zpsvtoeuqrd.jpg[/IMG][/URL]'][URL='http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/010_zpsvtoeuqrd.jpg.html']
[/URL]
Coreopsis with purple hardy geraniums.

Below are red robin penstemmons and blanket flowers.

[URL='http://[URL=http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/011_zpsiw3dfktn.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/renolizzie/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/011_zpsiw3dfktn.jpg[/IMG][/URL]'][URL='http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/renolizzie/media/April%20twothousandfifteen/June%202015/011_zpsiw3dfktn.jpg.html']
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
Those are just gorgeous!

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Lizzie, your flowers are gorgeous!!! We have some wild daylillies growing about a mile down the road. Fiance goes and picks some for me when they bloom. luckily this year they decided to last for over a month so he could pick them for me. Usually they only last 2 weeks! Yay!

Ducky, I really like your flowers too! Its really funny I never heard of a yucca plant till I was playing a video game where you have to survive on a tropical island (think of the movie Cast Away) and you have to make lashings(rope) for tools and shelter. I thought of you today, We went to fiance's Dad's nephew's house today and he has a whole herd/flock/group ( :p ) of ducks. One type they got are Khaki Campbells (sp?), they are supposed to lay about 300 times a year!! crazy!

So I got home all right. We drove 19 hours straight through on sunday. I had a day of rest at my mom's house then came home tuesday. I had to take some me time, so I apologize for not telling y'all I arrived safely. I also got pretty busy. I went grocery shopping the other day and spent 4 hours at wal-mart!!!!!! Fiance's dad came along and we had to look around the whole store at everything then we actually got the groceries. When you are shopping on a budget you have to add everything up right? Well that is exactly what we did with a calculator and everything! Lawd have mercy, I was exhausted! Then I had to turn around the next day and hit up a one day sale at a different store to buy coffee and water. I am talking a really good sale on bottled water, four packs for 9 dollars! Then today I drove to FFIL (future father in law) nephews house and spent four hours over there.... I am tired!!! and HOT!!! :):)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    moanin', Volties.

Glad your trip went safely, Celti. It's been kind of hot, here, as well.

I finally beat those "quick connectors" on the Jeep. They are, indeed, very quick to connect, it's the disconnect part that is a killer, LOL. I looked on line, in Jeep forums and elsewhere and bought a specific tool to disconnect them. That didn't work at all. Then I used some carb cleaner to really get them clean, wiggled the heck out of them and tried my own method and they popped off. I was really wilted yesterday after getting it done but it is done with a few improvements added along the way. I'll make a post office run later today and leave Bo home, just in case.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    Good morning, Voltians.

Thanks for the compliments on my flowers and yard everyone.

Celti, driving 19 hours straight is a lot of driving. I'm glad you are home. I hear you on how exhausting it is to shop whilst using a calculator to keep track of the spending along the way.

Awsum, glad you are at the trial run stage of the car repair.

The neighbor kid came over yesterday and she worked hard. I gave her a bonus for showing up early and getting stuff done! Hubby and the kid got all the old irrigation tubing into the truck. Then, they bundled up all the tree trimmings near the goat pen and put took them to the north forty for burning next fall. Then, they got all the poplar we cut down last week, bundled it and took that out of the veggie garden and into the back area for burning next fall as well.

While they were working on that, I cleaned out behind the barn shed. I got a ton of broken/old pots and planters out of that area and into the truck. Also, miscellaneous crap like a screen door that doesn't fit the house and such. I straightened out the fencing the dogs had knocked down. I restacked all the pots and planters I was keeping. The whole area looks neat and tidy now.

We patrolled behind the garage for any more junk that could go in the load and we were finally done with loading up the truck for the dump.

Then, the kid and hubby and I got the horse pen revised. We added another panel and a half and now the horses have more room to run and play. We protected the two trees that are just outside the rails with some T posts and some wire fencing so they won't nibble the trees.

I feel like we really got stuff accomplished and the place looks great. Today, off to the dump. Yeah, we have more to do than that:)

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2011
    Twilight Zone
    Well, it is 87 degrees here and still going up.

We are taking a long lunch break until it starts cooling off tonight.
    Smart Lizzie. I should prolly start taking a siesta mid day and going back out about 4. The heat doesn't bother me all that much but it does tire me out nowadays. Longer evenings to get things done are what dst is all about.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    It was 95 here yesterday and again today. It's worse today though, the humidity is a lot higher and we're supposed to get some T&L later this evening. I spent the day on a few vaping projects, in the basement on the drill press for the most part. I will have to get out and mow, probably tomorrow, though.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    The repair job on the Jeep held up. I went out and got gas the went to the post orifice and used the AC, full blast, the whole time to increase the heat load. Engine temperature held solid and no transmission glitches so I guess I got those "wonderful connectors back together properly.

I may forgo mowing tomorrow, it's supposed to be hotter and more humid than today was and today was oppressive. Even the breeze was hot and stifling.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    @ "lizzie" - Really like seeing those great pictures . . . AND - Boy do "You" & "Hubby" make that place a beautiful homestead . . . :thumbs:

@ "cindycated" - Well instead being stuck in San Francisco . . . Ya' can always move down here to Florida . . .

7_3_205.gif~c100
    . . .
    smiley_beach_chair.gif

@ "awsum" - Glad to read that everything turned out Okay and Ya' got the Jeep running again . . .
    drive.gif

As for the upcoming weather forecast . . .
    blowing-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif

Weather here in South Florida has been quite hot & humid - been in the upper 80's with a feel like temp of upper 90's for the past few weeks . . . Now while Like "You" I don't mind being outside too much as long as there is a breeze . . . AND - Thankfully I have AC in both "My" apartment & vehicle . . . However, it is going to be getting much hotter and I was actually hoping that I would be getting a reprieve when I go back up North again next week (which after 12+ years I will not be going up every 5-6 weeks - this will be the last "monthly" trip) . . . BUT - With that forecast doesn't look like I will . . . NOT NICE ! ! !
    smiley-sweaty.gif

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Pack your shorts and t-shirts, you'll need them. Upper 80's to lower 90's with "feels like" approaching 100+.
    dirty-language-smiley-emoticon.gif

OH WELL . . .

BTW: I plan to pack the shorts, don't wear T- Shirts though - just very loose fitting short sleeves . . . :facepalm:

Thankfully there will be a cold shower & few fans at the "Mill" too . . .
    air-fan-smiley-emoticon.gif

SandySu

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    it's been hot & muggy here, too, interspersed with plenty of thunderstorms, which cool it off a little. I heard on the radio this evening that there's a flood watch for tomorrow morning. I guess that might mean a lot of rain, which might cool it off a bit.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Lizzie, your flowers are gorgeous!!! We have some wild daylillies growing about a mile down the road. Fiance goes and picks some for me when they bloom. luckily this year they decided to last for over a month so he could pick them for me. Usually they only last 2 weeks! Yay!

Ducky, I really like your flowers too! Its really funny I never heard of a yucca plant till I was playing a video game where you have to survive on a tropical island (think of the movie Cast Away) and you have to make lashings(rope) for tools and shelter. I thought of you today, We went to fiance's Dad's nephew's house today and he has a whole herd/flock/group ( [emoji14] ) of ducks. One type they got are Khaki Campbells (sp?), they are supposed to lay about 300 times a year!! crazy!

So I got home all right. We drove 19 hours straight through on sunday. I had a day of rest at my mom's house then came home tuesday. I had to take some me time, so I apologize for not telling y'all I arrived safely. I also got pretty busy. I went grocery shopping the other day and spent 4 hours at wal-mart!!!!!! Fiance's dad came along and we had to look around the whole store at everything then we actually got the groceries. When you are shopping on a budget you have to add everything up right? Well that is exactly what we did with a calculator and everything! Lawd have mercy, I was exhausted! Then I had to turn around the next day and hit up a one day sale at a different store to buy coffee and water. I am talking a really good sale on bottled water, four packs for 9 dollars! Then today I drove to FFIL (future father in law) nephews house and spent four hours over there.... I am tired!!! and HOT!!! :):)
    Awwww! I love ducks! Ducks are such sweet hearts :) I had one that would run up to me and bob her head up and down while quacking in my face! Lol it was really funny!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread