Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I drop by every day, I just don't always have something to say. :)

forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif
. . . REALLY NOW . . .
roll-eye-smiley.gif

Cindy has been busy. :rolleyes::p

Pot%20meet%20kettle.gif

backingout.gif

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Fall is in the air. Seems like the long hot summer is coming to an end. The garden is pretty much done. The weather peeps are saying it could get below 40 degrees tonight. I need to protect the tomato plant overnight.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Penny is having a great day. She got a new toy that she is playing with right now. She had dog food with rice and venison for breakfast. It is nice to see Penny spending quality time. She does rest more than she used to but she is having happiness still.

I just want to make sure that everyone knows that Penny is being well loved and well cared for. She is not suffering nor will we allow for her to suffer. We have pain meds and a good vet to help us keep her happy.

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', Voltinians. (I invented that word and will spell it my way, LOL)

Lizzy, glad to hear Penny is still having fun and enjoying herself. I think we all know you will take really extra, special, good, care of her and always have.

The change in seasons is being felt here, too. 50 again this morning, but back into the 80's already. Heck, I may need to turn the AC back on later. When I mowed the other day I was already mowing leaves and can see them slowly drifting down every now and then. The trees are still, generally, green but change is in the air. The tomatoes keep putting out fruit, the cukes are basically done, the green beans never seem to stop until it gets really cold at night and the watermelon leave have all curled up but the vines are still green and feeding the dozen or so melons that are left out there.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Unfortunately, Penny is now on borrowed time. She continues to be the bright spot in my day but she is not going to be around much longer.

He did an ultrasound.

She has liver cancer, as far as he can tell without doing an invasive procedure.

Thanks for all your well wishes and thoughts. Nature has the final say and nature has spoken.

Penny will have venison with every meal and lots of love every day and we will ensure her every comfort.

She has been my wonderful companion for ten years and I treasure my time left with her.

Thanks again.

I cannot like your post, Lizzie. I am so sorry to hear Penny has cancer. My thoughts and prayers and vibes of comfort and healing are being sent your way.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    So yeah I haven't been on much lately... too much going on around here. I finally got all my pc parts and man is this machine awesome.

We had to fill out a warrant for the neighbors. Fiance's cousin (was raised as brother and sister) started her crap and verbally and physically assaulted (police used the term 'harassed') fiance. Her piece of crap husband started the whole mess. He also verbally assaulted fiance so they both got arrested. The really sad part is they stopped fiance's 16 year old nephew from visiting us. The Nephew only had one good thing in his life (fiance) as his older brother (who fiance had the altercation with last year) and parents are all on hard drugs. Yeah so there is a restraining order on them and the literally live like 20 feet away. Ugh.... anyone got a spare rock for me to live under?

Reactions: cindycated

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Wow, Celti, that's a lot of drama.

I keep telling Hubby to never get into it with the neighbors since these feuds last a long time. In your case, it is family, so that really sucks.

We actually have pretty nice neighbors, thank goodness.

SandySu

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    That does look like a great movie. I bet the kids would like it, if it comes to a theater in Ithaca. I'll keep my eye out for it. I bet the kids have never been to a movie in a theater.

The girl is still plugging away at chapter 3. And, though it's difficult reading, she still wants to read more.

The boy is struggling with the first Harry Potter book, and he is into reading that, too. I'm glad they have found books they really want to read.

Meanwhile, slowly but surely, their little brother is learning English. He says a few complete sentences, but he's not really fluent yet.

And the new girl struggled with an Amelia Bedelia book she had from school. I think it's too advanced for her, and most of the humor goes over her head till I explain it, but she wants to read it, so I won't argue.

cindycated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    So yeah I haven't been on much lately... too much going on around here. I finally got all my pc parts and man is this machine awesome.

We had to fill out a warrant for the neighbors. Fiance's cousin (was raised as brother and sister) started her crap and verbally and physically assaulted (police used the term 'harassed') fiance. Her piece of crap husband started the whole mess. He also verbally assaulted fiance so they both got arrested. The really sad part is they stopped fiance's 16 year old nephew from visiting us. The Nephew only had one good thing in his life (fiance) as his older brother (who fiance had the altercation with last year) and parents are all on hard drugs. Yeah so there is a restraining order on them and the literally live like 20 feet away. Ugh.... anyone got a spare rock for me to live under?
    I think you should put them under a rock, Celti. Just sad.
    petting_revamp___smileys_by_mirz123.gif
    I hope you all find a way to work the situation out with the nephew. It would be really tragic if he got sucked into all that mess.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Lunch was a good time yesterday. We laughed our butts off.

I'm thinking about getting Nevada a new home. I like Nevada but he just isn't working out for me driving him. He was pretty much a total butthead when I took him out to the round pen yesterday. I don't picture getting him into the cart. Maybe it is time to let it go and look for a nice horse that would be easier to handle.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    Hello Everyone,

Just a note to let you know I'm still around and kickin'. Sorry to hear about First Officer. And, I'm also sorry to read about Penny, Lizzie. :(

Don't worry about me, folks. There are times when my symptoms are firing up, and I just don't feel at all sociable. Basically, I crawl under that rock that Celti is looking for. Better days ahead ...

I'd better hope that today is one of them because I'm going to be leaving for the MS Walk in about an hour. I may wobble rather than walk, but I'll get 'er done!! I'm determined.

Good news from my home front: My son just got a new job. His old job was good, but he was recruited to a job that is doing the same thing with less utilities to deal with. It's salary WITH overtime! Best of all, it will pay about $7,000 more than what he's making now. He starts on Tuesday when he'll be getting his company Jeep, laptop, tablet and I-phone. YAY!

I may lay low sometimes, but I'm still here. :wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread