Cinnamon Apple Smack-down

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbqDave

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I like cinammon. I like it in my coffee. I like cinnamon rolls. I keep thinking I should like it in my vapes. I still haven't had my world rocked just yet. But these two came close.

Both were steeped for a week prior to this review. They were dripped on a Cisco Spec atomizer with power regulated at 7 watts, which seemed to work well for both of these juices. If you have a variable volt device, this would be like 4.5 volts if you have a 3ohm atomizer.

Cinful Apple, by HHV
20% PG/ 80% VG. Pale yellow, viscous fluid.
6mg nic

Heather has a passionate following here on ECF and I knew I would have to try some eventually. I'm not really into tobacco flavors these days and so perhaps I'll not experience the best she has to offer.

My sample pack was shipped priced fairly and shipped quickly. As you can imagine, I had to sneak a quick taste right away. Cinful Apple was good right out of the box. In fact, I probably over-steeped it by leaving the cap off for several days. Steeping in the bottle should be sufficient.

We tend to think of non-tobacco juices as being either candy, bakery, or fruit. Cinful Apple doesn't fit well into any of these categories, and has features of all three. The cinammon is up-front and spicy. The apple is most like what you would find in an apple pie, more soft and sweet than crisp and tart.

The overall effect reminds me of McDonald's apple pies. Which, you have to understand, is a good thing. I was a kid once, and I had a kid. I like McDonald's. And I love their apple pie, especially when it's hot. Surely Heather had that in mind when she whipped up this concoction?

Cinful Apple does best at low voltages. Although it was reviewed at 7watts, it might do slightly better at 6, with good vapor production and perhaps slightly crisper flavor. It's a subtle difference at best. So this would be a good choice for lower-voltage devices like ego's or even cigalikes.

Bottom line: All the goodness of apple pie, without the calories. Or, for that matter, the ice cream.

Apple Cinnana, by Fuzion
? PG/VG. Crystalline yellow, syrupy fluid.
6mg nic

Shane got me off tobacco. Fuzion liquids got me hooked on vaping, and I've never looked back. A lot of his flavors tend toward the pcychedelic; and while Apple Cinnana isn't exactly crazy, it's still whimsical and fun. And, among his juices, it is the least-unfortunately named.

Shane's flavors tend to need a lot of steeping, and this is no exception. Fresh out of the bottle, there's a strong floral angle to it that moderates considerably after steeping with the cap off.

After a little steeping, tart green apple is at the forefront. This has a bright, synthetic signature that reminds of a Jolly Rancher. In this liquid, the cinnamon is in the background, along with a subtle bannana flavor that adds depth and complexity. Shane's flavors are never just one thing, although in this case, the apple sings a strong solo. There's a complex but harmonious chorus of spice, fruit, and floral essence singing backup.

I've noticed that further steeping tends to take some of the electricity out of Shane's flavors. I kind of like'em electric; although if it's still too much for you, think about letting it sit a little longer, or use a tank system that will decant the fluid for you.

Unlike a lot of fruit vapes, this one can stand up to high power. Although it was reviewed at 7 watts, it's just as good at 8, with slight enhancement of flavor and vapor production. I imagine a well-executed RBA would make this liquid rock. On the other hand, loading this into a cartomizer muted the flavor quite a bit. I was afraid to load it into my clearomizer -- cinnamon flavors, they say, will etch or melt the plastic -- and so this is a dripping flavor for me.

Bottom line: the green Jolly Rancher flavor you crave, with depth.

How do these two compare?

Both are good vendors. Their web sites are easy to navigate, they communicate well with the buyer, and they ship promptly.

Heather's Cinful Apple is more of a delicate, gourmet flavor that's nice for thoughtful vaping in the evening after dinner. It's good for a beginner, in that it won't need fancy equipment or much in the way of steeping.

Fuzion's Apple Cinnana is a bold, playful flavor. Experienced users with good equipment will get the most out of it. Newer users must use due care to steep properly before making up their mind. If you were a heavy smoker, you will like the fog this puts out. And it will slap your nicotine-numbed taste buds awake.

You can't go wrong with either one. But if you're Jonesing for cinnamon, call Heather.

Leal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Montana
I haven't tried Cinful Apple yet, but you are spot on about Apple Cinnana. It is definitely a playful flavor. The fruit flavors stand out and are perfectly melded together with the cinnamon which is more of a bakery cinnamon to me than a candy cinnamon. Vaping this I got apple on the inhale and banana on the exhale with the cinnamon as an undertone through out. This was a free sample with my order and I was leery to try it as I loath banana flavoring (childhood trauma). This banana is authentic and sweet not artificial. Great review! I'll have to try the Cinful Apple now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread