Cloupor T5 Firmware update is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
So I just downloaded the firmware update and loaded it up! Aside from various bug fixes, here's the main jist of it...

1) T5 now does up to 75 watts...

2) T5 battery life is now supposedly 55% better

3) Software which updates firmware also includes various settings. You can change the "welcome" screen to a bunch of premade stuff, or upload your own .bmp to it. You can also change the configuration of the screen and swap different pieces to different locations as well including a clock that was previously unavailable.

4) The resistance is now read to .01 ohm resolution instead of .1 ohm resolution

5) A "pulse" heating of the coil where the initial voltage supplied is much higher and then it quickly ramps down to your set wattage. While I personally find this feature pretty nice, be warned that others have complained about it resulting in a burnt taste (maybe a poor setup?) etc... Hopefully they will make this an "enable/disable" feature soon, but for now it appears lots of people are saying this "breaks" their T5 and makes it unusable.

I've been using it so far and no problems!

Last edited:

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
A quick word about it though... Several users are saying that this "broke" their T5 BECAUSE it fires at full power after the upgrade... This is not the case, at least not in my case.... However, I have now noticed that one of the things it does is pulse an initial high voltage to quickly heat/fire the coil before quickly ramping down to whatever wattage/voltage you've set... I actually really like this... As soon as you hit the fire button it's hitting hard... No ramp up time... but I can see where if someone has a poor build that doesn't wick right, etc that they might get dry hits / burnt taste, etc... It would have been nice of them to make it a feature that could be enabled or disabled rather than just being on... Still personally I really like it... It could possibly be part of their battery savings patch as well, I dunno...

Goodyaz

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
St Pete, Fl
A quick word about it though... Several users are saying that this "broke" their T5 BECAUSE it fires at full power after the upgrade... This is not the case, at least not in my case.... However, I have now noticed that one of the things it does is pulse an initial high voltage to quickly heat/fire the coil before quickly ramping down to whatever wattage/voltage you've set... I actually really like this... As soon as you hit the fire button it's hitting hard... No ramp up time... but I can see where if someone has a poor build that doesn't wick right, etc that they might get dry hits / burnt taste, etc... It would have been nice of them to make it a feature that could be enabled or disabled rather than just being on... Still personally I really like it... It could possibly be part of their battery savings patch as well, I dunno...
Yeah I noticed this. I am running the F, passthrough mod on it. It sure does fire quickly. I can can feel it heat up my kayfun mini pretty darn quick. We will see if it changes how long the wick lasts.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/604296-updated-cloupor-t5.html
The post on VV sub that I started about the same time. lol

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
Yeah I noticed this. I am running the F, passthrough mod on it. It sure does fire quickly. I can can feel it heat up my kayfun mini pretty darn quick. We will see if it changes how long the wick lasts.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/604296-updated-cloupor-t5.html
The post on VV sub that I started about the same time. lol

I have to check mine when I get home... Some in another forum are claiming that checking the voltage is showing VERY high figures... like when the device says it's outputting 3.7volts it's really outputting 6volts, etc... that kinda thing.. I do have my kayfun on here with a 1.38 ohm coil that I normally run around 15-18 watts... I have it set for 8 watts and it's hitting pretty hard... so i dunno... they might be right... I cranked it on my Atomic RDA though with dual coils and got it up to I think 62 watts... It was hitting hard though... LOL...

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    The firmware update BROKE my T5.

Download it, look like its was doing something then the T5 went off - OK - can't get the T5 to turn on and, Tried flashing the T5 again and again and again all I get - keeps saying malfunction with drive, tried every thing I know uninstall driver and still nothing seems all out of the blue missing driver - can't recognize device.

After slowing down got my thoughts together And this is what's going on.
    Edit in

When I attach the T5 in drive - USB DEVICE NOT RECONIZED
    OK I'm getting this - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Quick update, I haven't got a clue what going on, but my persistence paid off some what.

I took the battery out and hook it up and it went into rom update and start to download the updated firmware.

Put the battery back in and I'm able turn it off and on now but here's the weird part.

Goes to 75 watts, battery life went way up, and that's all and I can't get back into update anymore.

No lag when I press the fire button and the Vape feels more constant or something else then before.

NO pass through, clock, Volts or any other goodies.

I'm going to leave it only and be happy it's working again

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Just emailed them again.

The VAPOR now su_ks.

Check this out- I'm using a fogger 1.8 ohm dual coil at 7.0 watts, soon as I hit the fire button both coils turn cherry red.

Trying to be understanding but dam, look how long it took them to pull the firmware, don't they check this stuff out, where's their quality control department on a holiday. First and last CLOUPOR I'll ever get. This is a NIGHTMARE. THANKS GOD I have other devices poor people who don't, I feel for you guy's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread