Cloupor T5 Firmware update is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    OK, just open this email from them. Lame excuse for their quality control.
    -- NOT READY DON'T PUT IT OUT THERE, it's simply.

We're trying the best to make it more powerful and perfect.
    But the complexity just brought the opposite effect.

We'll put up a link to download the old software version within 48 hours to get it fixed.

Pls wait patiently and sorry for the inconvenience brought to u.

Jarmstro

Jul 15, 2014
    Torquay, England
    48 hours to release the original firmware? Very odd! Thank God the upgrade was pulled before I looked for it!

Something tells me that the problem is more to do with the chips ability to change its firmware. I have my doubts about whether it is truly reprogrammable via a PC and I suspect they are struggling to even find a way to get it back to square one. Hence the delay.

cocuZZa00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    New Jersey
    This unit and company is overall garbage. I already went through 2 Cloupors in the matter of two weeks. They just stop working for no reason. I actually have the second broken one sitting home in the box awaiting instructions from the company I purchased it from. Something tells me they are gonna give me a hard time trying to return it this time but this is seriously not my fault. I really hope they do the right thing

rusirius

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 8, 2014
    DE
    48 hours to release the original firmware? Very odd! Thank God the upgrade was pulled before I looked for it!

Something tells me that the problem is more to do with the chips ability to change its firmware. I have my doubts about whether it is truly reprogrammable via a PC and I suspect they are struggling to even find a way to get it back to square one. Hence the delay.

Almost right. I just posted this in another thread...

So here's the latest that I can gather after a few emails back and forth with "Maggie" at Cloupor. From what I gather (it's kinda difficult understanding with the language barrier) the firmware they originally had worked fine in their testing. However, I don't know exactly what happened, maybe they didn't test the updater properly or what, but apparently that's where the breakdown occurs. When it flashes the chip it's corrupting the code. So the issue isn't really in the firmware itself, but rather the update process.

That's why they haven't just slapped the "old" firmware back up and instructed everyone to downgrade back to the original firmware. Because that would fail as well and who knows what the results of that would be. You'd have to use the same firmware update software (the Cloupor Elve) to do the update, and it would just corrupt the update just like it did the new one.

Again, that's what I can gather if I'm understanding her correctly. So at this point it sounds like they are trying to get the update software to work correctly so that those who still have a working unit can go "fix" their chip by flashing the proper firmware (probably either new or old) and get the unit working the way it's supposed to.

But the bottom line is, the upgraded units, even if they are still working (as is mine) they are NOT functioning the way they are supposed to, and in many cases has resulted in catastrophic ends. Cloupor says you should stop using your T5 immediately if you've upgraded, until they release their fix... EVEN if it appears to be currently working.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 14, 2013
    Chicago
    For anyone who has a T5 that is updated but not fried, I finally got a link to download the original factory firmware and updater software. I just did mine and it's back to the old T5 I knew and loved!!!

http://forum.cloupor.com/download/cl...actory_ROM.zip
    Confirmed. Working "normal" as now indicated by no ramp up/ramp down on fire, resistance is back to one decimal place and battery gauge is back to being crappy.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Just did the factory settings, I believe it's reading .3-4 ohms less on the coil then before.

Protank 2 before 2. ohms now 1.7 ohms.
    Fogger before 1.4 ohms now 1.0 ohms.

Other than that looks OK.

Edit in Update five hours later.

Five hours later after restoring firmware to original - fresh battery 46% got 85 puffs on counter and dropping fast. I was getting 275-320 puffs before depending on wattage setting, at this rate I'll get less then 170 puff with this battery.

As I was typing this post, it was at 50% then took one puff and watched it drop down to 46%...(1.0 ohm dual coil 15 watts)

On Cloupor forum someone said this firmware was posted by someone not affiliated with them.

Last edited:

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 14, 2013
    Chicago
    Just did the factory settings, I believe it's reading .3-4 ohms less on the coil then before.

Protank 2 before 2. ohms now 1.7 ohms.
    Fogger before 1.4 ohms now 1.0 ohms.

Other tan that looks OK.
    Check your connection. With update I was 1.55 after rollback to factory, 1.5 ohms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread