Concentrate help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Lee

Mar 25, 2015
Essex
Hey guys. first time poster long time viewer. im in a bit of a sticky and frustrating situation. i started DIY mixing a few weeks ago and iv learned alot on my little journey. now im a little stuck with percentages when it comes to multiple flavours etc. i have a good chart for my TFA and CAP single flavour mixes, but what happens to the percentages when you want to add 3-4 flavours to a mix?? is 20% a good rule of thumb with a multiple mix?? and how do i know what my base flavour is? heres an example, .... just say i wanted to make hazelnut whipped cream, and they both have a reccommended single flavour mix of 9%. does that mean i put them both in at 9% each to make 18% or do i tone one down slightly?? i have great ideas for my own mixes but want a heads up on my multiple ratios. thanks you lovely lot

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
. just say i wanted to make hazelnut whipped cream, and they both have a reccommended single flavour mix of 9%. does that mean i put them both in at 9% each to make 18% or do i tone one down slightly?? i have great ideas for my own mixes but want a heads up on my multiple ratios. thanks you lovely lot

I would try mixing them at 4.5% each flavor and go from there. If you want to taste one more than the other, adjust the one that you want as your dominant flavor upwards. That would be a starting point. Test it and if you need to add more of one or both, it would be easy to do.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi Marc and welcome to ECF!

Good question - just getting into DIY myself.

here are some places to check out.

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum .

You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Make sure to read all the "stickies". Also check out the blogs by ECF members Hoosier, dannyv45 & Bill .

dannyv45 posted this thread a while ago. Recommended Reading For People New to DYI.

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Hangsen - The Hangsen Thread
5. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2

The DIY Vendor list can be found here: DIY Vendor Supply List

DIY Recipe Sites

* ECF E-Liquid Recipes <= Place to post your recipes here on ECF
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid Recipes UK
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

Marc Lee

Mar 25, 2015
Essex
Wow thanks a lot guys. I use eliquid recipes calculator as im mixing by precision weight (no mess) and i only have a mac and my android phone. But thanks for the tips iv currently got a few batches steeping for a few weeks with sensible percentages. iv got a couple made from people's recipes so i can finest tune from then on. I WILL give credit to the recipe maker once tested. Thanks again you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread