Confused about Loongtotem's and ePuffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

l337acc

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Northern California
I must have spent about 6 hours straight reading/researching on these forums about e-cigarettes --> and I've never been so confused.

After purchasing the EAZE MAGNUM REV-2 from ePuffer, i came across a bunch of threads that have me worried. Not necessarily about the shipping, because my order was shipped the next day, but the cartridges and interchangeability.

I cannot seem to find anywhere on the net of what version of Loongtotem the EAZE MAGNUM REV-2 are supposed to be, and apparently there are LT9V-LT11V (I think)....

So my question, for anyone who knows, is this:

1. If I bought carts from loongtotems website (the LT9V) would they work with the REV-2? Apparently on ePuffers website, their carts are also new REV-2 carts

2. What are all the possible brands in the U.S. that are interchangeable?

I would like to purchase more cartridges for comparison from U.S. companies before my ePuffer gets here.

Thanks!

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Just curious: What made you choose that brand/model? I've looked through your posts, and you haven't really asked a lot of questions.

That kit looks pricey. $128 + shipping. They don't really tell you what you're getting in the description, but it appears that all you get is 2 batteries, a USB charger, 10 cartomizers (they call them "cartridges"!), and a pouch.

I'm not aware of anyone else that sells compatible cartridges.

Click here to see a kit from a well-regarded company (around here) for $89.50 that comes with:

2 Automatic Batteries
1 USB Charger
1 Manual USB Passthrough
1 Portable Charging Case
1 Carrying Case-Your choice of Color
1 Wall Charger
1 BOX OF 5 CARTOMIZERS- Choose one Flavor/Strength

You can choose from a half-dozen or so colors.

They sell tons of well priced, differently flavored pre-filled cartomizers and/or bottles of refill liquid, and they use a standard cartomizer that is sold by many excellent venders.

Here's a $50 kit similar to the one you bought

Sorry if I'm coming off like a jerk, I really don't mean to.

Oh, I almost forgot, I've bought from this vendor and their customer service is excellent. If you have any questions, just shoot them an email, or ask in their sub-forum.

Also, what is your avatar saying?

Last edited:

l337acc

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Northern California
Just curious: What made you choose that brand/model? I've looked through your posts, and you haven't really asked a lot of questions.

That kit looks pricey. $128 + shipping. They don't really tell you what you're getting in the description, but it appears that all you get is 2 batteries, a USB charger, 10 cartomizers (they call them "cartridges"!), and a pouch.

I'm not aware of anyone else that sells compatible cartridges.

URL EDITED BECAUSE I CANT POST A REPLY from a well-regarded company (around here) for $89.50 that comes with:

2 Automatic Batteries
1 USB Charger
1 Manual USB Passthrough
1 Portable Charging Case
1 Carrying Case-Your choice of Color
1 Wall Charger
1 BOX OF 5 CARTOMIZERS- Choose one Flavor/Strength

You can choose from a half-dozen or so colors.

They sell tons of well priced, differently flavored pre-filled cartomizers and/or bottles of refill liquid, and they use a standard cartomizer that is sold by many excellent venders.

Here's a $50 kit similar to the one you bought

Sorry if I'm coming off like a jerk, I really don't mean to.

Oh, I almost forgot, I've bought from this vendor and their customer service is excellent. If you have any questions, just shoot them an email, or ask in their sub-forum.

Also, what is your avatar saying?

Thanks for your reply, quasimod.

I basically have been lurking around the forums for a few days and was just introduced to e-smoking by my parents who bought themselves the ePuffer.

At the time I ordered, I was looking at reviews and saw the one from Leaford and didn't realize that I made a mistake & how many different companies actually make e-smoking products.

To be honest, I thought electronic cigarettes JUST came out in 2008-2009.

Yeah, it doesn't really make me feel better that the same kit can be purchased for less than half of what I spent, but I guess this is one of those things where you live and learn.

With that said, I'm getting so excited about eSmoking that I would've probably bought the ePuffer eventually just to try it out. I just bought my cousin the Blu Cigs ---> but then saw alot of people were dissatisfied with it....which reminds me, I'm getting sick of watching affiliate reviews LoL.

Ps. My avatar is the Shamwow guy when he says "You know the Germans always make good stuff"

I thought it was funny, mainly because the commercial was a joke

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
First I am 4 weeks smoke free from day 1 of vaping.
I am new here with very little knowledge.
We can only hope Leaford see's this post.

here is info- that might help
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...n/50156-greensmoke-red-dragon-e9-model-2.html

Above in that thread question asked:
1. Is the Greensmoke/Red Dragon/E9 the same as the Loong Totem/V9?

and answered YES by crashtestjeep

I have a Bloog/E9 (with lots of carts) coming and know it takes 808 D-2

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
We can only hope Leaford see's this post.

Until he does, let me quote him:
[Does Kanger make the Smoke 51 gear?] Yes they certainly do! :D It is a KR808 made with LTv9 compatible threads, so it's backwards compatible with their older batts, carts, chargers, etc. Same with other brands that switched from LTv9/E9 to the KR808, like Bloog, ePuffer, etc. Makes sense, right? Why make your customers re-purchase all their gear? :thumb: It may or may not be modified further from the basic 808, I really have no idea.

BUt, just to be self-congratulatory for a moment :)rolleyes:), I can personally take credit for that change. It was my blog post about the Vapor King that prompted S51 to make the switch. After seeing my review, S51 ordered a set from V4L, and it was after that that they made the switch. So, Mac, if you like it, you have me to thank!...:D :lol:
I assume that EAZE MAGNUM REV-2 from ePuffer is the "KR808 made with LTv9 compatible threads" that Leaford refers to. ['REV-2' from ePuffer leads me to believe so.]

In addition to Leaford himself (who, I am sure, would welcome a PM on this subject), two other knowledgeable sources would be LeCig and NHaler, each of whom carry both the E9 (LeCig's D2 and NHaler's MiniCig E9) and the Kr8 (LeCig's D1 and NHaler's KR808D-1). And LeCig created this brief video to clarify the difference between batteries:
Although I am quite familiar with the Kr8, I have no experience with the E9 and am still struggling to understand its various versions, compatibilities, and who carries what.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
Although I am quite familiar with the Kr8, I have no experience with the E9 and am still struggling to understand its various versions, compatibilities, and who carries what.

DonDaBoomVape was wondering if anyone else would add anything.
I am a noob. I will this week have the Bloog (coming from Josh). I have a joye510 and use a 901 adapter that let's me use 808- D1's cartos. TheBloog from my understanding takes the 808 D-2 or E9 U2 from nhaler. LOL man it's crazy. I figured with what I have I can use virtually anything hahaha.

I am assuming retailers do not really want you to know what your angling to know..you know:w00t:

Bottom line -my pea brain is thinking the original poster's pv is probably the same as the Bloog's cartos. 808 D2 or nhalers E9 ..now does vapor4life have cartos for these hmmmmm

l337acc

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Northern California
DonDaBoomVape was wondering if anyone else would add anything.
I am a noob. I will this week have the Bloog (coming from Josh). I have a joye510 and use a 901 adapter that let's me use 808- D1's cartos. TheBloog from my understanding takes the 808 D-2 or E9 U2 from nhaler. LOL man it's crazy. I figured with what I have I can use virtually anything hahaha.

I am assuming retailers do not really want you to know what your angling to know..you know:w00t:

Bottom line -my pea brain is thinking the original poster's pv is probably the same as the Bloog's cartos. 808 D2 or nhalers E9 ..now does vapor4life have cartos for these hmmmmm

I know exactly what you mean. I was thinking of emailing ePuffer but I'm sure the response I will get would completely evade the question once they figure out I wont be buying carts from them.

It's only been 4 days since I ordered, but I have this feeling customs is going to take a Loong time ;) and by the time I get it, I would've quit smoking (lol obviously joking*)

* I am in no way promoting the use of analogs to other members of the forum

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
l337acc The worse case senario is if the cartos you select don't work, you then sell them on classifieds. Or remember me, if the Bloog becomes one that I like. It is very confusing-I had seen reviews said the Bloog had a 3 sec cut off and yet the seller tested it and said more. I actually think he said 10 seconds.

Right now my eyes are rolling back in my head on mAh. OK how do 600mAh ego out last my 900 mAH nicostick LOL They must not work out and have small lung capacity LOL.

At any rate..You can always refill what you have- if the new carts don't work. Make sure you get a bottle of e-juice.

OH and if you want a pv quick to use..check out madvapes $10.00 510 disposable. Read many good things about them and gave them as gifts. I actually kept one too for my emergency stash.

Last edited:

l337acc

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Northern California
l337acc The worse case senario is if the cartos you select don't work, you then sell them on classifieds. Or remember me, if the Bloog becomes one that I like. It is very confusing-I had seen reviews said the Bloog had a 3 sec cut off and yet the seller tested it and said more. I actually think he said 10 seconds.

Right now my eyes are rolling back in my head on mAh. OK how do 600mAh ego out last my 900 mAH nicostick LOL They must not work out and have small lung capacity LOL.

At any rate..You can always refill what you have- if the new carts don't work. Make sure you get a bottle of e-juice.

OH and if you want a pv quick to use..check out madvapes $10.00 510 disposable. Read many good things about them and gave them as gifts. I actually kept one too for my emergency stash.

Thanks for the info natura, I think I might actually get a few packs of the madvapes and give them out as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread