Custom SuperT Give-away Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVP

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
MN,USA
I know, it's about time!! But I really need time with something to judge fairly if it will stay with me for the long haul.

Custom Super T Review

First a disclosure: I won this Custom SuperT in the Precision Machining Give-away.(I have to be the luckiest vapor around!) I am not in anyway affiliated with SuperT manufacturing. That being said this has become my primary 3.7 vaping tool. It took some getting used to using the end button but that has become second nature now. It is very comfortable to hold and feels very sturdy in the hand.(Sorry about the pics, I couldn't really catch the shine correctly)

rsz_dscn0647.jpg

CUSTOM MOUTHPIECE

rsz_dscn0662.jpg

Starting at the top, the mouthpiece is made of brass and has an o-ring to produce a perfect seal on the atomizer. It is very comfortable to use. It is also easy to remove, drip and replace.

CUSTOM BRASS ADAPTER

rsz_dscn0663.jpg

This is very nice and adds some heft to the SuperT. Although it does seem to get tarnished, that is easily solved with a little Brasso (that I had) and polishing.
The knurling makes it easy to remove and change batteries. Also sometimes I grip it when using my palm to activate the button.

ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW FOR THE 801

The adjustable airflow is hidden on custom model. The adjustment is made from the top, middle post of the adapter with an included hex wrench. It took a few tries and lots of experimentation to get this exactly where I liked it. It was well worth the time and effort because now the draw is not as airy as a normal 801. I can get nice, thick vapor.

THE BODY

rsz_dscn0665.jpg

The body has custom fluting running lengthwise in 3 places. This adds a nice style element. There are also three vent hole to vent battery gasses away from the users face in the very unlikely case of battery failure. Still, it is nice to have the extra safety if it is ever indeed needed.

The battery cavity is just large enough to fit the 16340. This makes the overall diameter of the SuperT very small. This allows it to fit in the hand comfortably.

CUSTOM BRASS MECHANICAL BUTTON

rsz_dscn0664.jpg

The main attraction of the button is that it isn't electrical and can't fail. Maybe the spring could wear out after years of use but it could then be easily replaced. The button on the Custom SuperT is made from brass and adds another unique element of style to the piece.

The button "throw" is also adjustable. This is very useful as the batteries don't come in a standard length. I have two different length sets of 16340s. When using the ones of similar length I can set the button to fire with what I find to be the most comfort.
When I switch to using the other size I can adjust it for those.

The Custom SuperT button is not "lockable" as it is on the standard SuperTs. This due to the fact David didn't want to risk marring the beautiful brass finish of the button. I fully agree with this decision. I carry it in my pocket constantly and have never had it accidently fire up the atomizer. This may be due the the fact it has to be pushed below the end of the body using the recessed places that your finger fits in. It may also be that I carry it in the nice pouch David was so gracious to include with the Custom SuperT.

rsz_dscn0669.jpg

All-in-all a beautiful piece of art and machining brilliance. Bravo SuperT Manufacturing, David, and of course Dave's Mom

(I really need to polish this better, sorry :( )

MVP

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
MN,USA
I'm glad you are happy with it! It looks like its been put through the paces the last couple of weeks, so no worries about the pictures, a little mothers aluminum polish and she'll be looking like new again!

Yea, I take it everywhere I go.
Actually to the naked eye it looks very shiny. I will give that aluminum polish a try though.

And I am extremely happy with it. As I said it is my primary vaping device. I get so much flavor with the 801. I think I vape more for the flavor than the nicotine these days.

You can be very proud of the SuperT and how happy you make your customers!!! Thank You!!!!

Now, about those midis.....:D

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
If you want to take your custom Super-T to the next level, ask forcedfuel50 for the new, redeisgned adjustable airflow adapter for the 801/penstyl atomizer. It is truley a fantastic device with infinitely adjustable airflow settings, reudced e-liquid leakage from the airhole and the setting does not appear to migrate as the original adapter can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread