• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Customs Discussions -Outside Canada Orders/Shipping/Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
I've had several ejuice only packages "handed over to customs" which ended up in an explanatory letter as "refused" but never "seized" ..
Seized means good bye for everyone..I haven't heard yet of any actual seizures..?

I stand corrected. The word I meant to use was refused not seized.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
When I rec'd the letters and spoke to both Customs agent who signed the letters - they were relaxed..explaining the issues of nicotine non-permissible in Canada and specifically said the items were refused and going to be returned to sellers and that no rule existed as of yet for actual "seizure" of goods..just not allowed to "cross" border..
and I simply thanked them for their diligence..nice and low-key:)

I got the feeling that by the time you received the letter the package was already on its way back to China.

When you spoke with customs Misty, did they tell you if the package had already been sent back?

Point here is waiting for the letter might be too late, if it was a case of where they made a mistake, such as if the shipment only had hardware?

Point here is waiting for the letter might be too late, if it was a case of where they made a mistake, such as if the shipment only had hardware?
Exactly... My point here is that my order is not small (more than 2 batteries and a bottle if you know what I mean).
Honestly, I don't care if it get sent back because I know that I still have the option to get my package re-sent by the vendor.
The idea here is to know what is going on with my package and it only seems that the only way to know if it get "refused" is to wait for the letter.
BTW, Misty, on the subsequent order, did you ask your shipment to be sent to a different name, address or both?
Does somebody know if CBSA keep a record?

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
Does somebody know if CBSA keep a record?

I'm sure they do keep records, but they may not read them. ;)

I have received many letters in the past. One would think if they referenced their records they wouldn't keep sending me the same letter LOL

The fact that I have received letters doesn't seem to have harmed the chances of getting shipments in for me.

Even if you try to change your address to "fool" them, there is still the shipper's address with remains the same and CC can flag the package based on the return. I don't think changing your address solves anything, unless you get your shipper to do that same thing.

Its looks like you are a supplier?? You will need a reliable supply as your customer doesn't care why you don't have product, as the whole point of coming to you is to get it quick. Quit bashing your head against the wall trying to figure out how to make this shipment method work, its a lost cause. Think outside the box here, and you will find a solution that works.

Thornbyrd

Feb 18, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Working with the shippers is the best way to try to work around this I think. Just how paypal bans all accounts if they are identified to deal with e-cigs.

A system needs to be worked out with suppliers as to descriptions. Spare parts, gift, sample, batteries/charger seem to make it through w/o much of a hiccup.

Suppliers would probably have better records as to what terms provide better success with shipping.

In addition, person to person clears easier too especially if you have a supplier who has been flagged by customs.

I'm all for supporting Cdn suppliers but lets be honest how many actually care e-juice with nicotine? If you know of any send me there name in a pm please :)

Thornbyrd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread