Cyco- New to Ecigs some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyco

Dec 5, 2010
Silvis,IL
Hello, I just started smoking ecigs Ive been a smoker for 3 years now and have noticed my teeth and overall health diminishing. So Ive tried to quit cold turkey but at the first sign of stress I find myself out buying a pack of Newport's. anyways I went to the gas station today and picked up a starter pack for "njoy ecigs" ($20). Now there are things I like and things I don't, I like the nicotine aspect of it but im disappointed with the amount of vapor i'm exhaling I feel like im not getting enough and i have to smoke harder to get any, and i feel like im smoking more then I would with a regular cigarette. keep in mind though that this is my first day and I did no research to begin with, this was an impulse buy. anything I need to know? (Ive already read the "new user forum") - I dont want to go back to regular smokes please help.

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
you an ST fan??

my advice would be to get a better unit, one with good battery life, and find a juice flavor you like. You WILL end up forking out some cash in the beginning, but well worth it when you find what works for you. I smoke Pall Mall menthols and thought for sure I would need a menthol flavored juice, but I haven't found one that I like. I do, however love chocolate flavs and sweets, and most recently a cinnamon pear that someone made for me.

Don't beat yourself up if you have to have a couple newports, it's the ones you don't smoke that really matter.

Feel free to send me a private message if you'd like my reccomendations on which unit to order, and who makes the best juices IMO.

Good luck~!

Lynlee

Lydia

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
The Netherlands
When I started vaping with a simple e-cig like yours, I had the same experience; it was not enough for me. The reason was that a 3.2 Volt Joye e-cig battery does not give much output. Therefore I did buy a after 2-3 weeks of use an e-cig passthrough, wich has a USB connector. You can put the connector in a USB-port on yr PC, so it’s vaping on 5 V. That gives a much better output/result and you can use yr battery set-up for when you are out, etc. A passtrough is not so expensive and does not have to be recharged every time. Try whether it works better for you. Another possibility is to use low-resistance (LR) atomizers or LR cartomizers on your Joye e-cig battery. That gives the experience as if you vape with higher voltage as 3,2 Volt.

Last edited:

not2coolguy

Oct 18, 2010
Hawaii
There are a lot of things you can try to improve your vaping experience. Just remember that initially this "hobby" can be quite expensive, but once you have the gear it is very affordable to buy juices and things that you need. A lot cheaper than analogs believe me. You should look into a 510 model ecig. It is like night and day compared to those tiny njoys. You can look into a big battery mod like the ego/tornado, or just go with a joye 510 or volcano magma. There are a lot of options out there but remember, you usually "get what you pay for"

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
can't speak for other models but I started with a 510/pcc kit (even with the small batts, this meant I always had a charged one available, no down time) and still like it now. I got started after weeks of reading and procrastinating (bs radio ads for gimic ecigs is what initially got my curiosity). The 510 got me off analogs. I wanted to try something with as close to all day battery life as possible but hated the thought of upgrading to something which would make my initial investment unusable so got an Ego. That way all my previously purchased 510 parts were still usable with the upgrade and no loss of investment. Couldn't be happier. I still carry an assembled 510 as a backup to the Ego just in case of atty/batt failure or to hand to a curious friend.

welcome and happy vaping

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
Basically the Njoy is a RN4081, If I'm not mistaken (someone chime in if I'm wrong), which is one of the models I have, and currently my favorite. Once you know the model number you can do a LOT of searching around on the forums and the internet for information. Look up some videos on refilling these carts and get some e-juice with some vegetable glycerine (VG) in it. The VG produces a big blast of vapor for the visual. You can also get blank cartridges online, cartomizers, and prefilled of both. If you aren't getting what you are after, feeling wise, try a bit higher of a nic value. Don't go too high of course, but don't go too low.

Another thing you can check is where the atomizer connects to the battery, you should see two "holes" one in front one in back. Put your finger over one when you suck on it, and you should get even more vapor.

Big Daddy Harley

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa
Welcome Cyco, I won't go into the different models but to say that an upgrade will help on the things you are missing. I want to tell you that although you are vaping more do not feel guilty, you are not continuing to put all the garbage into your system that you get from analogs. I vape almost non stop during my waking hours, I use a lower nic juice so as not to get a nic high, but knowing that i haven't touched an analog in 2 and 1/2 months and feel much better there is no reason to feel guilty. So if it gets you off the nasties, go at ti

baby

Dec 6, 2010
new york
Hi I just started using the Greensmoke Electric cigarette. I love it. I haven't smoked tobacco in about 3 weeks. Like you I don't want to go back to smoking real cigarettes. I don't feel the need to with these because they are so much like a real cigarette and very easy to use. I've heard with other e cigs you have to add the "juice". The Greensmoke have a screw on cartridge that already has the nicotine and atomizer built in. It gives off alot of vapor. You can get different levels of nicotine so that you can gradually get over the addiction part of smoking too. My husband quit after using the Greensmoke for only 2 weeks. Here is the link Electronic Cigarette By Green Smoke ™. Compare it to what your using I think you'll like it. Good luck. I hope you quit. I know its hard just keep trying.

p.s. use discount code(disc5-22216 )for 5% off or (disc10-22216) for 10% off
I think you have to spend $100.00 to get the 10% off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread