Status
Not open for further replies.

ibdno

Feb 22, 2009
nc
as long as the polyester does not burn....it should not efect you....but i know nothing about the breakdown of polyester over time or with heat.....
Ive been wanting to try the cotton wick stuff (kind in lanterns) it holds fuel well and doesnt burn that easy....so it might do well.....i will try one day....if yall have or do let me know how it does....

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
Kate, That I-inhale is awesome looking, but the price tag is super scary. There is another one called the Oxigen inhaler or something like that - going for around $99, but I don't think it takes liquids. Perhaps it could handle a liquid in some kind of fiber like the e-cig's - I'd hate to spend all that money and it doesn't work.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I know what you mean, it is a lot of money (although it's more durable than ecigs and has a two year guarantee). The problem with the way it vaporises flavours too quickly might be sorted soon, a new eliquid is being developed for it apparently.

The problem with putting filler in one is the same as mentioned on this thread - what's safe. In fact it's worse because in an ordinary vaporiser at a constant temperature the filler is more likely to melt.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I have been studying all my failed atomizers ....and have come to the conclusion that the polyester material used in the carts 'is' responsible for most of the black gunk that builds up on the heating coils (set fire to a little bit of the cart filling soaked in juice and you will see that it ends up looking identical to the gunk on a used coil)...suggesting that we are inhaling some polyester vapours. .....I am thinking lambs wool or perhaps even real sea sponge might be a better material to use.

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I don't know if the filler does play a part in clogging but I don't use cartridges and I still get the black crunchy stuff in my atomisers (my guess is that it's residue from eliquid).

Black Stuff in Atomisers - *E-Cigtest, the ultimate electronic cigarettes review site* Le site de la cigarette électronique

Well that's ruined my latest theory Kate.....lol.

Oh by the way I don't know if you already know it...but that wicking material the coil is wrapped around doesn't burn or melt....I have put a gungy blackend one in a gas jet and it went red hot and came out as clean as new.

Last edited:

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Kate I have been experimenting using 'just' janty juice for a week with a new atomizer to see if it's a 'cleaner' juice ....but sadly my quest to find a way to keep an atomizer working like a steam train for very much longer than a weeks use is still on...:(

i think it's so interesting when i see people posting such big differences in how long they get out of an atomizer.
2 months, 2 weeks? someone posted here the other day they got 9 months?

liquid aside, wouldn't it come down to usage?
if i draw steadily until the cut-off each time and you take pilot puffs and then steadily draw until the cut off, whose atomizer will last longer?
manual switches, letting the atomizer cool down longer between vapes. using 2 or more devices and alternating between them.
keeping the atomizer wet or vaping until it starts to dry out.
all of these things probably come into play but no one knows for sure.

i would be frustrated to say the least if i was only getting 2 weeks out of an atomizer. i have been using my penstyle everyday since december and it still works great.

if i had to guess, i'd say never let it get hot and/or dry.
but it would still only be a guess.

i'm frustrated for you Pete. hope you figure it out.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Hey candy......yes I am baffled by what I must be doing any different to anyone else ...I am careful never to let an atomizer get too wet or too dry.....I use about the average amount of juice per day so that means I am not vaping any more than anyone else....I have tried various cleaning methods that have been suggested have made a huge difference for getting an atomizer to work well again but with very limited success......and at the end of the day I am still not getting much more than a week of great vaping out of an atomizer.

CandyGirl

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
i could understand an occasional bad atomizer but to never get a good one?
people go to great lengths to prolong them too. steam, boiling, solvents of all types.
taking them apart at night, blowing them out, letting them drain, rinsing, drying, canned air, etc.
i never understood the draining overnight, i'm sure there's a good reason but i don't think i ever came across it.
i don't do anything. set it down, go to bed and just pick it back up in the morning.
the only time i've even rinsed it was to try out new flavors.

i wish you luck Pete.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
i could understand an occasional bad atomizer but to never get a good one?
people go to great lengths to prolong them too. steam, boiling, solvents of all types.
taking them apart at night, blowing them out, letting them drain, rinsing, drying, canned air, etc.
i never understood the draining overnight, i'm sure there's a good reason but i don't think i ever came across it.
i don't do anything. set it down, go to bed and just pick it back up in the morning.
the only time i've even rinsed it was to try out new flavors.

i wish you luck Pete.

Wow ...I think you should come around my house and be my personal vapour trainer ...Lol:)

MoonMan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
I'm not too worried about it, personally. I clean/refill my carts, and I while I have noticed that the very edges of the filler that touch the atomiser screen can get to looking like they are "melting" the tiniest bit, surely that tiny amount of melting on a filler I use over a couple weeks or so isn't going to create enough noxious gasses to be a problem.

The tiny amount of melting I see doesn't fuse the pad together and the pad looses no mass, and it certainly isn't burning. It stays white as ever when rinsed out.

I really don't think this is something to get worried about.

Last edited:
Wow!

Thank you everyone for sharing useful information. Air purifier is held responsible in removing the contaminants in the air. Air purifiers are used in homes with tenants who suffer from allergies and asthma. It controls the air pollutants that can evoke allergy and asthma attacks. Tobacco smokes are also eliminated by air purifiers. I think, sanuvax technologies is one of the companies that cater to air purifications. The company makes use of ultraviolet technology in their machines. The aim of making use of the ultraviolet light in the air purifiers is to efficiently and effectively treat the air. The machines made by the Sanuvox technology are good for commercial and home use. One product of Sanuvox Technology is S300 HFX HEPA/UV Air Purifier.

DocSlow

Aug 22, 2009
All these good responses withstanding I'd like to add that I have great luck tamping down the filler in the cartridges of my 510. I use a Japanese chopstick to push the material down into the cartridge about halfway. Remember, the atomizer works by atomizing the liquid in its gas form inside the chamber so it shouldn't be in contact with anything - so you can effectively push the wadding (whatever it's made of) way down into the cartridge and far away from the atomizer's coil. HTH

metapuff

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
san francisco
after discovering that the atty performs poorly because i've been filling the carts too much and having to vape with an empty cart to get it back to normal. i've been thinking of going to just dripping because i pretty much can get at least 20 puffs out of it before needing to add more.
no more worries about burning poly and cutting teabags.

win win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread