Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
This is GREAT*excitement*hehe

I know alot of people were requesting a KR808 cartomizer model specific sub-forum...So a couple of days ago I created a social group UNTIL that Happened...We had enough people to start a forum...and the next day (I just found out) a Sub-forum was finally created.

I am not much about horn tooting (toot toot) hehe
I just was curious if I and everyone that joined the group was the final push or A push at least?

Was Lu a part of the equation as well? Since she helped me with my technical issues?

ANYWAY.....
I am happy that we have a place to centralize ALLL Cartomizer needs hehe

You are more than welcome to join the Social Group it IS public..but there really isn't a need since the end result was acheived

Welcome and THANKS

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
So tell me something Mr. lightgeoduck, if you have tried a M401, how might the KR808D-1 compare? The question assuming, which unfortunately I do often, you've tried the M401!
well it's embarassing to say no not yet... as you can see in my sig block my hardware is still growing.... but I will give you an uneducated guess though....

MOSTly OPINION
cartomizers i.e. kr808 are most likely still more portable since being all in one incased

vapor production.... well I get great vape with my kr808 and 3.7 PV ,but I am sure M401 does well.

overall with the right supplier and proper usage kr808 COULD be cheaper in the long run...

I would have to say I will lump the M401 with the other 3pc models and say the same that the 2pc model is for ALOT of people the better way to go....

IMO

Duck

I had just requested the mods fix us up a forum too and am so grateful they obliged.

Considering there's forums for some models no one has even heard of... I figured someone would take pity on us...

I'm really happy to see fellow KR808 users showing each other some lurve, regardless of which supplier gets the cash for their stash. ;)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I had just requested the mods fix us up a forum too and am so grateful they obliged.

Considering there's forums for some models no one has even heard of... I figured someone would take pity on us...

I'm really happy to see fellow KR808 users showing each other some lurve, regardless of which supplier gets the cash for their stash. ;)

THAT IS SOOO TRUE hehe
I tell you at home I do love to drip on my atty hehe
but there is nothing like a fresh filled cartomizer as the main go to.... I mean I would never think about putting any 3pc cart str8 into my lint filled pockets hehe

Its Nice to finally have a home here....hehe

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
So tell me something Mr. lightgeoduck, if you have tried a M401, how might the KR808D-1 compare? The question assuming, which unfortunately I do often, you've tried the M401!

I'll try that one, Joker

it's no secret I think the M401 is the beemer of mini's. It's a real smoke machine that you can keep vaping as long as the atomizer is wet and the atomizer doesn't overheat. You can cool the atomizer quickly pretty much just by taking off the mouthpiece/cart. Like any mini, you can use the carts as mini cartzers, just putting on a new one when the old one is vaped dry. The mouthpieces do brittle up after a while and need to be replaced, although the inserts stay pretty unscathed. The battery life is pretty awesome.

The V9-compatible KR808D-1 can put out some decent vapor but nowhere near as much as long as the M401. The compensation is, flavor is amazing compared to the M401. and even zero nic hits the back of your throat in a much more pronounced way than the M401. Battery life is much shorter on a standard 901 battery than a M401, unless you have one of those 380mah batts (who is it that carries those? vapor4life?), so you'll need several thru the day. The V9 battery lasts a little longer, but still not as long as the M401 imo. Refilling is definitely less of a hassle than refilling M401 cart inserts since you're not doing it every day or dealing with tiny cart inserts. But there's no way to squeeze out the liquid that lingers, as you can the M401, so eventually the KR cart is going to need to becompletely rinsed out and dried (or just tossed). The cart-zers can be dripped on, although to me it seems too much of a hassle when you can just unscrew the cart and pop on a fresh one.

The E9-compatible KR808d-1 cartzers are also Kanger inside, but have different threading and require a different battery. so be careful whether you're ordering a E9-compatible or a V9-compatible cartzer. They are also similar in vapor production to the V9-compatible, since they are the same innards (except for Greencig, which is different innards from them all). I'm hoping the mods will come up with an adapter for the E9>V9 and V9>E9, seems simple enough.

In my experience, with inner cart burning in mind, the KR808D-1's are better suited for relaxed smoking - for at the office or when you don't want little bottles of e-liquid around - take a few drags, put it down for a while, take a few drags more. Repeat. Switch carts to a cool one. Repeat. The KR808D has to have time to wick and takes longer to cool down since it's totally enclosed, so cannot be the steam locomotive the 401 surely is.

Of course, the V9 USB case is nice - it's the same size as the regular 901 case, btw, a tiny bit smaller than the M401 hardcase, and takes several hours to re-charge a battery. You can fit the 901 batts in the case, although there is a caution to not charge them more than 5 hours before disconnecting and turning them around for storage. (the V9 batt has a intelligent chip that cuts them off after they are fully charged so they don't overcharge). E9 batteries will not thread and so can't be used in the USB case. You can usually match or sometimes beat Eastmall prices on carts and USB charging cases buying from vendors stateside, using their coupons.

I like M401's and KR's equally well for different reasons and so will most likely bounce back and forth between them.
Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread