Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I still have some Voidmist stuff that is over a year old, and it is dark dark brown. I vaped it, was fine, didn't taste messed up or anything. It was sitting in the trunk of my car for a few months, and just got super heated. Is it bad? Dunno, tastes fine. Best route is to keep the stuff refrigerated, that is for sure. I have a 4 month old 500ml bottle of nic that is still the same crystal clear like the day I bought it.

I have read just the opposite of this statement. Here is what Rolygate said in a thread about ejuice storage

Fridge storage has been voted as the worst option in discussions among those who've tried it and/or know the implications, because there is too much vapor transmission in/out through the container structure of most types of bottle. Plastic would be the worst of all options, glass better, cobalt glass the best.

Think how food gets ruined in a fridge when it loses flavor or gains flavor from something else in the fridge. Water vapor and flavors transfer in and out by osmosis and there is no realistic way to stop this, except perhaps by using cobalt glass containers. Freezing is theoretically a better option as it 'locks' the material. However if you can't freeze it (as with PG) then this is moot.

Storage in a cool, dark, dry area seems the best option overall. This would mean in a box in a cool cupboard or similar. Keep dark as all the materials will degrade in light. The shelf life is 14 to 24 months and this looks sufficient for most purposes. If kept in ideal conditions then the shelf life might even be extended.

This is very good info on the subject and has worked very well for me taken from the ECF Library here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/134842-long-term-storage-e-liquid.html

Last edited:

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Sorry to dig up an old thread but this is the one the one I saved and referenced back to now that i FINALLY got some DIY supplies. I bought a few TPA flavors to try out: Cola syrup, RY4, Tobacco, DK Tobacco, Mary Jane, as well as French vanilla and Cotton candy for some flavor modifications.

I didn't know where to start so I just mixed some DK at 8% per Stownz suggested recipe (i dont have TA or anything else like that for now) at about 30pg/70vg 24mg and I have to say its really good! I let it mingle for about an hour before I tried it. A little perfumy but after a few days it has become really good.

I was wondering if anyone could help to find recipe. I know there is a nice DIY recipe section but i find it difficult to find recipies for just the specific flavors that I have, anyone have any tips/advice?

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
Indeed. I was just looking for a starting point I suppose. I'll keep on digging in the DIY section here for more ideas. Thanks again for your post Stownz, at least my first shot yielded something I like. I guess its time to exercise my creative muscles =)

Experimenting and coming up with new recipes is the fun part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread