DNA 20/30 Clone (20 Watt. 30 Watt and 32 Watt) And SX350 Vaping Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have build four mods in the past four months. The idea was to use the Clone chip as testing built in preparation for real Evolv DNA 20/30 chip. Back then, the real Evolv chip was no where to be found with the exception of Ebay. As such, the mark up was anywhere between 20% to 25% of the Evolv listing price. I also bought a SX350 chip, in anticipation of the wattage upgrade. I wanted to see if what people claimed first hand to see the performance for myself.

Please note that this is by far from a scientific comparison. I did not set up a test bed for all of the chips. This is just my personal experience of using these MODS and my subject feeling about each one of the chip.

General setup:

(1) Processor: One 20 Watt DNA 20 clone, one 30 Watt DNA 30 clone, one 32 Watt DNA 30 clone and one SX350 upgraded to 50 Watt
(2) MOD enclosure - 20 watt chip was mounted in a ABS plastic Hammond 1591XMM box, 30 watt chip was mounted in Hammond 1591A (black painted) enclosure, 32 Watt chip was mounted on a CHANA clone box from (FT), and SX350 chip is mounted in a Hammond 1591A (black painted box)
(3) All mods has 510 Fattdaddy spring loaded connector
(4) With exception of the 20 Watt DNA chip which has a 16 mm vandal switch all other boxes have the 12 mm vandal switch.
(5) All mods has 1043 Keystone 18650 battery holder
(6) All mods has teflon coded connection wire. For the SX350, 16 gauge was used on the wire for the Negative battery connection and the atomizer connector and the positive battery connection remained as the stock 20 gauge wire
(7) All DNA style mods have C&K domed button switch for wattage adjustments

I use Iclear 30S atomizers with resistance rated at 2.1 ohm and I vape anywhere between 9.1 watts to 12 watts

Finding:

Resistance read out : All China DNA 20/30 style Clone chips miss read the atomizer by at least 0.2 ohm. The DNA 20 clone was reading consistently 0.2 ohm higher than ohm meter. The 30 and 32 watt chip was reading consistently 0.3 ohm higher. The SX350 resistant reading was always spot on.

vaping - I find the power of the SX350 to be strong and persistent. Unlike the clone DNA chip, the power seemed to come in a spurts. If I hold down the fire button longer than 3 second, I find the tail end of the DNA clones to be somewhat lacking (all batteries used are Efest purple - the Sonny VTC4 re-wrapped with 30 continuous amp draw)

I built the 20 Watt DNA 20 clone first, it is housed in the largest enclosure with the biggest air hole (.375 diameter). The device vapes great. No shortage of power on vape. I am not sure if its also due to the larger enclosure with plenty of air movement; the chip never stopped or staggered on vape.

The 30 Watt DNA 30 clone also worked fairly well. The chip was mounted (Puddy Epoxy) onto the top of the aluminum die cast lid. It also vapes great and no intermittent issues. I am not sure if this is the results of mounting close to the lid which acts as a heat sink or due to the fact that I drilled three sizable hole next to the battery on the case. I did miss fired a few times under the 100+ degree sun during lunch. Other than that, so far it's holding up well.

The 32 Watt DNA 30 clone chip had a lot of issue. It's seemed to miss-read the resistance intermittently with larger variation. Based on the vapor strength I was experiencing, it seemed to vape a lot warmer which leads to me to believe that it's vaping at much higher wattage then specified. Also, it seemed to cut out with continuous vaping within a few minutes.

I am not sure if this were the reason why FT has changed it's 30 watt chip (Hot Cig equivalent) to some other clone chip. I noticed recently that the picture on the FT web site now has the same wire soldering pattern as the real Evolv DNA30 chip. The old one does not.

I am in the process of building a Chana Clone with Evolv DNA 30 chip. I will report back any anomalies if I find any,

Happy Vaping :) !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread