Status
Not open for further replies.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Hi all,
I've been playing around with different vendors looking for a good 100% vg e liquid. alien vision,virgin vapor, velvet cloud,dripeez,

One of the things I've noticed is that 100% vg e liquid apart from having little flavor, the flavor of their base liquid is really overpowering and unpleasent.dripeez had the most pleasant tasting base.alien visions was pretty good as long as the flavor you were vaping were heavy flavors like boba's or tobacco or chocolate, but the lighter flavors like the fruit flavors got overidden, by the flavor of the base liquid.
do other people notice this as well, and can you recommend any companies, who use a base liquid in their 100% VG that is more nuetral tasting.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Hi all,
I've been playing around with different vendors looking for a good 100% vg e liquid. Alien vision,virgin vapor, velvet cloud,dripeez,

One of the things I've noticed is that 100% vg e liquid apart from having little flavor, the flavor of their base liquid is really overpowering and unpleasent.dripeez had the most pleasant tasting base.alien visions was pretty good as long as the flavor you were vaping were heavy flavors like boba's or tobacco or chocolate, but the lighter flavors like the fruit flavors got overidden, by the flavor of the base liquid.
do other people notice this as well, and can you recommend any companies, who use a base liquid in their 100% VG that is more nuetral tasting.

What devices are you using, and at what voltage/power? Do you have a preference as to a certain kind of flavor you are after?

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Hi all,
I've been playing around with different vendors looking for a good 100% vg e liquid. Alien vision,virgin vapor, velvet cloud,dripeez,

I don't experience this. :blink:

My Nic Liquids are generally 70 percent VG, which is my preference. :thumbs:

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
Taste is SUBJEECTIVE!!!!!

Have 10 vapors try just 10 different 100% VG unflavored bases and some will like a lot some will hate it and then there are the in the middle ones.

Many who DIY purchase VG from Wal Mart , CVC , from E bay and or Amozon vendors while others will only purchase from real Ejice vendors. In theory Nic has no flavor but Nic is purchased in either a PG ,VG or combination PG/VG base so taste could be there from PG or VG.

Last edited:

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I have not experienced this either. Almost all my liquids are 100%VG and have flavor up the wazoo.:vapor:

That's how I would describe the liquids I have had from VCV. They have all been super flavorful and I found nothing off-putting about their VG base. At 18 mg they also have a great TH.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I've had boba's bounty gorilla juice and a few from VCV and a couple from Johnson Creak that were 100%VG

and although I did not like the flavs from JC

every one of the 100% vg juices were full flav

way more full flav then many 80pg 20 vg mixes I've had, I mean not even close

maybe your equipment is muting the flav

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
pg carries flavor much better than vg that's why alot of extract use pg as a base to extract the flavor into.This is why sometimes people who are allergic to pg will try a 100% vg juice and get an allergic reactin to it, it;s beacuse some of vendors will advertise their juice as pure vg and their base liquid is vg, but the flavorings they use will have pg in them. I do agree alen visions juices are uncommonly flavorfull for 100%vg.
I've had boba's bounty gorilla juice and a few from VCV and a couple from Johnson Creak that were 100%VG

and although I did not like the flavs from JC

every one of the 100% vg juices were full flav

way more full flav then many 80pg 20 vg mixes I've had, I mean not even close

maybe your equipment is muting the flav

Last edited:

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Yeah I can't stomach their juice either, but it's not because of their flavorings or skill as mixers, it's the vg they use in their base liquid.
Virgin Vapor Organic 100%PG is terrible...have to agree to that....vaping 100% PG Madagaskar Vanilla from Mt Baker is good but need extra flavor shot....no bad side taste

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
pg carries flavor much better than vg that's why alot of extract use pg as a base to extract the flavor into.This is why sometimes people who are allergic to pg will try a 100% vg juice and get an allergic reactin to it, it;s beacuse some of vendors will advertise their juice as pure vg and their base liquid is vg, but the flavorings they use will have pg in them. I do agree alen visions juices are uncommonly flavorfull for 100%vg.

That's what they say. Personally, I don't think it is necessarily true.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I bought unflavored 100% VG from two vendors (one local, one who gets rave reviews) and there was an odd chemical taste to it. I know it's supposed to be all vegetable, but I could not handle whatever it is I was tasting. I don't notice it right away, it's usually after I've been vaping it for a while. 50/50 and I'm good.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Yeah i vaped 50/50 for a long time it's a good mix, I don't really taste the vg base till I get down to around 10% pg 90% vg, then I start to really taste it.I guess I'd describe the flavor as waxy, and cloying.
I bought unflavored 100% VG from two vendors (one local, one who gets rave reviews) and there was an odd chemical taste to it. I know it's supposed to be all vegetable, but I could not handle whatever it is I was tasting. I don't notice it right away, it's usually after I've been vaping it for a while. 50/50 and I'm good.

Last edited:

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
well that's one of the problems with !00% vg NETs, alot of people who make NETs don't recommend dropping below 70pg/30pg because they almost all extract their tobaccos in pg because it carries the flavor better, a few use vg to extract with, but it is with the understanding that the flavor won't be as strong.
That's what they say. Personally, I don't think it is necessarily true.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
well that's one of the problems with !00% vg NETs, alot of people who make NETs don't recommend dropping below 70pg/30pg because they almost all extract their tobaccos in pg because it carries the flavor better, a few use vg to extract with, but it is with the understanding that the flavor won't be as strong.

I'm currently vaping 100% VG Heavenly Army and Legend from HHV. I have had both liquids in 50/50 previously. The 100% VG is stronger in both flavor and TH than the 50/50. HHV's Purity line of NETs start with a VG base -- not PG.

How does the 100% VG versions taste -- freakin' amazing!

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I'm currently vaping 100% VG Heavenly Army and Legend from HHV. I have had both liquids in 50/50 previously. The 100% VG is stronger in both flavor and TH than the 50/50. HHV's Purity line of NETs start with a VG base -- not PG.

How does the 100% VG versions taste -- freakin' amazing!

Thanks jefsview! I plan on ordeting some HHV this week and was thinking about the Purity line. Very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread