Do I really need syringes/pipettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Graduated cylinders are great for mixing larger batches of nicotine base. I have them in 100, 25 and 10 ml sizes. For measuring a couple of ml or less you need graduated pipettes or syringes for accurate measurement (like flavorings). Without accurate measurement it is very difficult to replicate any recipes accurately.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
+1 to Yzer

Many folk use the 'drop' as a unit of measure but differing viscosity and dropper size can cause inaccuracy.
Disposable pipettes are a cheap and accurate way to measure flavorings.

i agree 10000%

another thing i might add is measuring with beakers.. the best thing to use for accurate measurements are cylinders.. beakers are used for mixing your liquids.. if you look closely to a beaker.. it says "approximately" 500ml or 100ml.. and so on.. just wanted to toss that out there.

J&V Far

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY, USA
Thanks all for the responses. My original thought was to get the lab glassware kit from RTS and also 3 syringes/needles and the 50 pack of pipettes, sounds like I need to stick with that. Thanks

Oh man!!! I want that kit!!! LOL I have been thinking of going with Measuring Cylinder but had only been able to find one here or 2 there. Nice bundle!!

It is always good to have a couple syringes with blunt tip needles on hand. I use them for mixing accuracy but they come in handy for other things like when you need to remove juice from some tanks.

Hello,
Where do you get needles with blunt ends? Thanks for all the help everyone on this list gives to us new comers to the vape world.

ErrrMee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread