Not open for further replies.

ArdentHope

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
TN
USPS is really messed up!

Take a look at this, do they expect me to jump in the car, run down to the PO and pick up my package?? I live in North Carolina!8-o

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, April 29, 2010, 8:54 am, OAKLAND, CA 94619
bullet_circle.gif
Sorting Complete, April 29, 2010, 8:24 am, OAKLAND, CA 94619
bullet_circle.gif
Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 29, 2010
bullet_circle.gif
Processed through Sort Facility, April 28, 2010, 7:59 pm, OAKLAND, CA 94615
bullet_circle.gif
Arrival at Post Office, April 28, 2010, 4:53 pm, OAKLAND, CA 94619

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA

Take a look at this, do they expect me to jump in the car, run down to the PO and pick up my package?? I live in North Carolina!8-o

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, April 29, 2010, 8:54 am, OAKLAND, CA 94619
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif

There wouldn't be a problem if North Carolina HAD a PO :)

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
I once had an e cig related product sent to my place of work... 4 blocks from the PO (That's right 4 blocks!!) and when I went to track the package it said something like unable to locate address! And the building I work in is a high rise one of the few in town! UBELIEVABLE! Sorry to all you Postal employees out there but I can get a way with it as I have 1 family member work for them who agrees it is the worst setup as well as another family member that used to work with them and also agrees.

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif

ArdentHope

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
TN
Thank you EVERYONE!!! My package did, in fact, arrive today. This was my first order from TV so I was unaware of the shipping time average. Wow, 2 days?? - That can't be average! I've placed another order today and won't freak out when this package tours Oakland before heading my direction.

"the Oakland loop" haha, that's too cute!

Thanks again to all of you,

Denise

Warped3k

ECF Live Chat Manager
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
North Carolina, US

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif

I was actually worried when the same thing happened to me earlier this week. So, I called Geoff and he told me that USPS tracking has been weird lately and that others had called him about the same issue. Anyways, I waited another day and it showed up in the charlotte hub, so all was good. I was worried some random person in CA would get my order though!

Vap Khymyst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Alabama
See below.
Same issue. Don't worry be happy.

Geoff,
You are absolutely right.
I received package Saturday (yesterday). I know it's not your problem, but USPS delivered quickly they just don't understand the internet.
Sat with the wife vaping with a homemade mint julep and watched the Kentucky Derby.
The Atomic Cinnacide is great and the tobacco is the best I could imagine I WILL be a repeat customer.
Best Wishes,
Vap Khymyst

Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 12:45 PM
To: 'Jim
Subject: RE: Order Update

We're sorry about the confusion with your package. And in fact, there is nothing wrong other than the status that's being used by our new local postal station.. We've had several discussions with them about their chosen status messages which have led to nothing but confusion with our customers.

Have faith. Nothing is wrong with the delivery of your package, it is NOT in transit to some location in Oakland.

Your package is indeed in transit to you and you should receive it in 2-3 business days.

Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 3:07 PM
To: Geoff
Subject: Re: Order Update

Looks like my order for Alabama was sent to Oakland OR I have the wrong Number!

Label/Receipt Number:
Scheduled for Delivery: Friday, April 30, 2010
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item is out for delivery or available at a PO Box at 9:00 AM on April 30, 2010 in OAKLAND, CA, 94619.

Detailed Results:

Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, April 30, 2010, 9:00 am, OAKLAND, CA 94619

Sorting Complete, April 30, 2010, 8:30 am, OAKLAND, CA 94619

Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 30, 2010

Processed through Sort Facility, April 29, 2010, 7:07 pm, OAKLAND, CA 94615

Arrival at Post Office, April 29, 2010, 5:15 pm, OAKLAND, CA 94619

Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:51 PM

To: Jim

Subject: Order Update

Tasty Vapor
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number:
Detailed Invoice: Tasty Vapor
Date Ordered: Monday 26 April, 2010

The comments for your order are

Your order has been updated by GB to the following status.

New status: Shipped

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

ArdentHope

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
TN
Thank you EVERYONE!!! My package did, in fact, arrive today. This was my first order from TV so I was unaware of the shipping time average. Wow, 2 days?? - That can't be average! I've placed another order today and won't freak out when this package tours Oakland before heading my direction.

"the Oakland loop" haha, that's too cute!

Thanks again to all of you,

Denise

Yep, my package did arrive the day after I posted this.

Denise

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sadly, I must explain on behalf of the post office. Since they have ignored my requests. Our local postal station, scans these boxes when they arrive. They, and all the other boxes are lumped together and scanned to be sent to the main processing station in Oakland, CA.

Our local station does NOT seem to understand the scan message they are using. What SHOULD be something like "en route to main processing, Oakland, CA", they scan as "On truck for delivery".

While I'm sure the casual person sending a single package, a mistake like this could be overlooked, but when someone like myself who ships out 60-120 packages per day and have to send out e-mails to 30% of those people who think their package is being delivered incorrectly, it's obvious someone at the post office isn't doing their job right AT ALL.

However, all of you, put your minds to rest, your package is NOT en route to some location in Oakland, CA, NOR is it being returned to me, it IS IN TRANSIT TO YOU and what you're reading is the error of our local bureaucratic post office, trying to attempt to give "high tech" information, and failing miserably.

Your Package Is Going To You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread