Do you think it might be a "tough guy" thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I was sitting at a table at a very important meeting. We were discussing how to save the world and then suddenly someone grabbed my Provari with kayfun attached. My eyes widened in terror as they started wielding it and swinging it like a light saber. I ducked and dodged and then managed to snatch the deadly combo from his hands. I ran like hell.
My pride was injured, but the joke is on the evil ones now as the power is back in my possession.
Tune in next week for more tales of Moonbogg's Manly vape Adventures.

Lovemychow

Jul 28, 2014
West Virginia
:(:(
Here is what you do: Slip a sleeping pill in his Scotch while he is watching TV. When he wakes up, he'll find he is tied to his chair. Ask him what his problem is with vaping. If he doesn't admit it's a tough guy thing, then hit the button on the DVD player. On the TV will appear "The Notebook", the one movie proven to break all men's wills. He'll eventually fold and tell you whats up. It may take a minute, 10 minutes, even a hour but no man can make it through "The Notebook." It's man kryptonite, we have to get away from it.

Sounds like a great idea but he doesn't drink lol....he actually has watched "The Notebook" with me. He didn't shed a tear either:(:(:(

ilmostro99

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Feltwell, Engalnd
I think GUNMONKEYINTL is on to something here but I'd like to add something else . I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the "tough guy" thing. At the risk of some people turning this into a political comment (please don't), I think it could be more of an act of rebellion to all of the P.C. stuff we hear about every day. Look, we all know tobacco is bad for us, but having that told to us over, and over and over,... sometimes you just want to say, "***Insert explicative here***". We live in a very P.C. world now and I think some of us - myself included - are getting sick of others telling us how to behave. We are getting this in the vaping world now too, with places banning e-cigs because they don't like how the vapor "looks". Some of us do things that we know are bad (continuing with tobacco) as our own little form of protest. Is it dumb? ... Yes, it is, but it is also a fact. I don't know if this is the case with your husband or not. I just wanted you to hear another perspective. I'm not saying that you should give up trying to get him to stop smoking, just that if this really is his own form of protest, hounding him (and I'm not saying that YOU actually are hounding him) about it may backfire.

Lovemychow

Jul 28, 2014
West Virginia
I think GUNMONKEYINTL is on to something here but I'd like to add something else . I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the "tough guy" thing. At the risk of some people turning this into a political comment (please don't), I think it could be more of an act of rebellion to all of the P.C. stuff we hear about every day. Look, we all know tobacco is bad for us, but having that told to us over, and over and over,... sometimes you just want to say, "***Insert explicative here***". We live in a very P.C. world now and I think some of us - myself included - are getting sick of others telling us how to behave. We are getting this in the vaping world now too, with places banning e-cigs because they don't like how the vapor "looks". Some of us do things that we know are bad (continuing with tobacco) as our own little form of protest. Is it dumb? ... Yes, it is, but it is also a fact. I don't know if this is the case with your husband or not. I just wanted you to hear another perspective. I'm not saying that you should give up trying to get him to stop smoking, just that if this really is his own form of protest, hounding him (and I'm not saying that YOU actually are hounding him) about it may backfire.

I think you are very right in your way of thinking. I know my mom was so hardheaded, she always complained that it was "her right" to smoke anywhere she wanted because it was a free country. Well I miss her a lot but thankful she's not here to see how the world is now. She would probably get arrested. No I'm not "hounding" my husband....he's not the "hounding" type, he'll let you know real quick that doesn't work.

township

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Ohio
My husband and I started vaping 5 months ago. Thankfully, I took to it like a fish to water and have been “smoke free” since. My husband on the other hand started good but still stuck with the stinkies which he said at the time we started he would never buy a pack of them again. He was a chain smoker so I thought it would take a while but now he’s gradually going back to where he started not quite chain smoking but I know he’s smoking a lot more.:

Since he vaped at first, and was aware of the benefits, my guess would be that nic-only juice is not doing the job for him. Get him a bottle or two of some WTA eliquid and he might come right back to vaping. I vaped for over 5 months with nic-only liquid, vaped constantly, never smoked in that time but never felt the same as before when I smoked. High watts, high nic, it didn't matter. Vaping more felt bad, vaping less felt bad. Almost went back to smoking.

I got some WTA eliquid from Aroma ejuice and it all changed. Vaping is now enjoyable and I would never think of smoking again. Three months latter, another benefit is that now I vape less than 2 mls a day, and can use very small batteries and tanks. A small ego 450 will last for an entire evod tank, and isn't much bigger or heavier than a Bic lighter. If it is an image thing, a small setup might make him less self conscious. Let him use the MVP in the car or at home.

Also, he might not want a li-ion battery around when he's welding. Just sayin.

I smoked 2 PAD for almost 40 years, and this worked for me. Hope it helps your husband. Good luck.

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri
I was a bit intimidated by some of the mods I saw originally.

To me they looked like a cross somewhere between a "toking device" I tried to hide from mom way back in high school and a ...... addict's "rig".

At the start, I couldn't see myself "sucking on the end of a flashlight" and ended up buying a GreenSmoke starter kit (which I still use at times).
I was able to quit smoking using the GS kit in about 2 1/2 weeks and once I achieved that "impossibility"--couldn't care less what the device looked like.
I no longer smoked.

Firstly, does he really want to quit smoking?
If not, no device--even if it was guaranteed to make every woman in the world adore him and all men envy him--will he use it.

If so, may I suggest trying a quality cigalike starter kit to help him get over the hurdle of quitting and his discomfort with the APVs?
(I know this suggestion may be sacrilege to some)

As far as cigalikes, I can highly recommend Green Smoke. High quality, good battery life, and excellent flavors (Red Label is like a Marlboro, Absolute is more like a Camel, and Tobacco Gold like a cigar). The replacement cartos I was able to get online and at a local grocery store. It wasn't long before I was popping the caps off the cartos and refilling them with other flavors.
I also bought the Blu Starter pack (at Walgreens)---my experience with that was not great.
V2 was another I considered but haven't used.
I'm sure there are other good ones.

Lovemychow

Jul 28, 2014
West Virginia
I was a bit intimidated by some of the mods I saw originally.

To me they looked like a cross somewhere between a "toking device" I tried to hide from mom way back in high school and a ...... addict's "rig".

At the start, I couldn't see myself "sucking on the end of a flashlight" and ended up buying a GreenSmoke starter kit (which I still use at times).
I was able to quit smoking using the GS kit in about 2 1/2 weeks and once I achieved that "impossibility"--couldn't care less what the device looked like.
I no longer smoked.

Firstly, does he really want to quit smoking?
If not, no device--even if it was guaranteed to make every woman in the world adore him and all men envy him--will he use it.

If so, may I suggest trying a quality cigalike starter kit to help him get over the hurdle of quitting and his discomfort with the APVs?
(I know this suggestion may be sacrilege to some)

As far as cigalikes, I can highly recommend Green Smoke. High quality, good battery life, and excellent flavors (Red Label is like a Marlboro, Absolute is more like a Camel, and Tobacco Gold like a cigar). The replacement cartos I was able to get online and at a local grocery store. It wasn't long before I was popping the caps off the cartos and refilling them with other flavors.
I also bought the Blu Starter pack (at Walgreens)---my experience with that was not great.
V2 was another I considered but haven't used.
I'm sure there are other good ones.

Nope, we tried the cigalikes several years ago and times when we couldn't smoke, even I didn't like them. He likes vaping but just can't give up the cigs. He does both now...vapes when he's with me and smokes at work and in the morning before I get up. He doesn't try to hide it just considerate not to smoke around me because he knows I hate the smell. If the WTA doesn't work then I just have to let it go and keep praying he will stop. Like I said before, colds are really hard on him and he usually gets bronchitis every winter. Hopefully the 1st night up all night coughing this winter will make him stop for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread