Do you vape while sick with a cold or flu?

Do you vape while sick?

• No

• Yes (there's no stopping me)

• Yes (but I cut down a lot)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nonamebrand

Feb 28, 2009
Hey guys, I'm just getting better from the flu. It started 4 days ago with the chills, fever, body aches, severe headache, loss of appetite. I stayed home all week and it's Friday now and all of the nastier symptoms are gone thankfully.

I am now left with a nasty cough and mild wheezing in the lungs when I cough. I got some gunk left in the ol' lungs no doubt.

Almost always...I would continue smoking analogs in the past...I would cut down dramatically though. So far I haven't touched my ecig since Monday and I actually had no desire to...I was that sick...But now I'm feeling little cravings again. I'm going to hold out a bit longer though.

My question to you all is:

"Do you still vape while sick or trying to recover?"

nonamebrand

Feb 28, 2009
I am happy to say that I have not been sick since I quit smoking!!! I would probably lay off for a few days after the flu though. Feel better!!

That's great Queen, I hope your streak continues. Ok I will hold out for today, I do miss my mint + marlboro mix though. But it's also nice knowing that I probably won't have to go to the hospital anymore.

nonamebrand

Feb 28, 2009
i have a better question... CAN you vape during cold/flu..

I just tried I definitely can't. It burns the back of my throat like no tomorrow and causes me to cough. Probably all the better.

Actually you're right. I was choking there...Yet I remember in the past downing analogs like nothing...though I would immediately get more stuffed up because of the analogs.

Last edited:

nonamebrand

Feb 28, 2009
I had bronchitis when my 1st E-cig arrived. I quit analogs then and vaped...recovered much faster than in the past.

That's good to hear about faster recovery. I took a few more puffs from my ecig and I'm not choking anymore. I haven't gotten stuffed up yet, like I would after smoking an analog with the flu/cold.

And when I say stuffed up...I mean losing both nasal passages stuffed up...I get it badly...:( I would always kick myself in the pants after smoking an analog when sick.

Doostin

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Well, if PG vapour in fact has anti-bacterial properties as suggested in that 1950's Time Magazine article, we may actually feel ill much less often.

I have not been sick since vaping, but illness has never prevented me from smoking analogs...I was even stupid yet careful and smoked right after getting my wisdom teeth pulled. I doubt being sick would prevent me from vaping either.

nonamebrand

Feb 28, 2009
Welcome jules49. I'm the same boat as you. I would smoke around that many analogs or more when sick. I would cut down a lot, but still give in to cravings. I'm pretty convinced there are some other addictive chemicals in cigarettes besides the nicotine. I didn't once feel the burning desire to vape during the height of my flu days.

I wonder if it's the PG making us cough.

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
Welcome jules49. I'm the same boat as you. I would smoke around that many analogs or more when sick. I would cut down a lot, but still give in to cravings. I'm pretty convinced there are some other addictive chemicals in cigarettes besides the nicotine. I didn't once feel the burning desire to vape during the height of my flu days.

I wonder if it's the PG making us cough.

I would still smoke my 2-3 packs, even sick...

try some non-PG and see if that helps you. I have no probs. with PG whatsoever (and I don't cough anymore), but some people are allergic

nonamebrand

Feb 28, 2009
Hey jules49, it could be the chest infection time will tell. The first couple of draws I took today hit me hard, but now I'm vaping with no problems now.

It could have been because my ecig was dried out from not using over the past week while I sick. All's fine now.

Princess Well I'm glad you vape instead now. And I'm glad it's working for you.
I will have to give VG a try. So far I'm vaping my PG without any problems. It was just those first few primer puffs earlier today that had me hacking. I was probably dragging on a hot and dry atomizer lol.

vapeguy123

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
Hey guys, I've got the flu right now accompanied with a sore throat and I'm still vaping, just not as hard as usual. I'm using 18mg where I usually use 26mg. I tried some of my 8mg but for some reason it felt better with the 18mg. I've been taking lots of Extra strong menthol halls, and I find if I vape while having one it helps a lot. But yea have coughed a bit using my passthrough, but still vaping.

Last edited:

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Interesting question.

Do I vape while sick? yes and no.

I have been sick 3 times this month. First two times was after my mom got a flu shot, the wife got it too - This I could vape through with no problem. Now after we are all better from the first sick out and the flu relapse, the wife who works at a nursing home comes down with sickness again. Then I got it. She has been to the Dr I haven't. She was diagnosed with Bronchitis. When we were sick earlier we had dry coughs. Now we have bad wet coughs. I cannot vape with this at all. It hurts my lungs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread