Does this sound like vaper's tongue to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousJDP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Springfield, IL, USA
About a week ago I had an issue with my vivi nova heads that I thought was from the way I cleaned them so I went out and bought myself some new tanks. The issue I was having was with a chemically/metallic taste that was ruining my juice. Well, the new heads fixed the weird tastes, but now I don't taste anything. No smell either. I still taste food and drinks just fine, just not the flavors I want to taste from vaping.

I have tried switching juice and that doesn't help. A lot of google searching and I'm starting to think I might have vaper's tongue. I've tried drinking more water. I've brushed my tongue. I've ate pickles and gargled with baking soda water. I've ate Tums. I put some hot sauce on my tongue (ouch). I drank beer. Nothing helps. I'm at the point that I just don't know what to do. I'm a little worried though because of that weird taste I was getting in the beginning of all this. I hope I haven't just gotten used to the taste of that (whatever it was) and I'm still having issues with my setup.

Has anyone else experienced this, the weird tastes followed by no tastes. I've read all about vaper's tongue and it seems there is no surefire "cure" so I don't know if I just have vaper's tongue. I just wanna taste my juice again. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I went through something like this for a week or so about 2 months in when I first started vaping. I took the advice of getting a stronger tobacco tasting e-liquid and just went with it, changing the position of the tip in different places in my mouth and sort of just fought through it. I did not switch between juices until my taste came back. I know they say that it has something about the taste buds that were there from smoking finally die off and more grow in and have to wake up or something like that. I have seen where other report going to something like cinnamon (using glass or metal tank so it does not destroy a plastic one) works too.

All I can say is that if that is the problem you are having it will pass, as frustrating as it can be while its happening.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
sounds like you fixed your coil problem in a unique way... I would have just taken them out and boiled them a bit...

but the rest sounds like vaper's tongue to me

have you tried vaping any flavors you really don't like? as long as you cannot taste them anyway....

Other than that, do a search here on the forums, or check out this convo in reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...t_a_bad_case_of_vapers_tongue_need_to_vent_a/

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I had the same a couple of weeks into vaping, does sound like vapers tongue. For me it lasted a couple of days.

I do get it now, from time to time, but just switch to a strong tasting juice with a high PG ratio for a little while, until my taste buds re-set.

I usual vape 50/50 DIY mixes, but my cleansing juice is an 80/20 cherry mix.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
you will here lots of remedy's for vapor tong. I think the only thing that cures it is time. My first truck was a rusty old ford I giggled the key , pumped the gas 3 times and patted the dash board lovingly and soothingly said come on baby as I turned the key and most time it started.
Most of this ritual had nothing to do with the truck starting other than turning the key;-) It will pass you can try the remedy's if you like. You never know they might really help.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
been there, done that,,,,,,,,actually more than once.

Every now and again, the taste buds just go on vacation,,,,,,,,

try a stronger/different juice,,,,Peppermint or menthol is a good one to try during these times,,,,,,try a different delivery method (I've been able to trick myself this way),,,,,,,and drink PLENTY of water,,,,,,,,,it will go away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread