doesn't live up to the hype......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
so i've been on a bit of a ejuice quest. i have been ordering from many vendors, trying to find my favorite ejuice.

well, i'm kinda dissapointed with heather's heavenly vapes.......they aren't "bad" by any means. i'm just not sure what all the fuss is about.

i had high hopes because they won "best overall vendor" of 2012 and were 3rd for "best juice" (on this forum)
they are also the #2 pick from this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ussion/304212-top-5-vendors-e-liquid-260.html

they are ok imho, but i don't think HHV lived up to the hype at all.

in case you are curious. i have tried about 15 different vendors, and as of right now........i think Halo and copper creek are the best, by far.

just my 2 cents.

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
Of course not all vendors are for everyone. It's hard to help you on your quest when you didn't mention which HHV juices you tried, what you like, and what you're looking for.

Edit: Love your handle, btw.

hey thanks :) you like salvatore??

anyways, i'm a tobacco guy myself. i'm vaping in order to not smoke, so for me some type of tobacco flavor is a must. even if it's subtle.
as for what i tried from HHV:
Dark horse
Dragon's fire
H. tobacco
Huntsman
Legend
Oompa
Pirate's Booty
Shadow

i'n case you r curious my favs from Halo are:
Tribecca
Prime 15
Longhong

and my favs from copper creek are:
Twisted tobacco
voo's brew
voo doo

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
hey thanks :) you like salvatore??

anyways, i'm a tobacco guy myself. i'm vaping in order to not smoke, so for me some type of tobacco flavor is a must.

Salvatore is one of my guilty pleasures. The hard drives on my Mac are named Twinkle and Icingdeath. Did I out-nerd you there? :)

I can see why you didn't like HHV if you're a tobacco guy. I'm one of those too and while I do enjoy HHV's tobaccos, I consider them more dessert tobaccos. For full-on tobacco, I'm a huge fan of Ahlusion's aromatic line, Goodejuice's House Brewed line, and Want2Vape's Signature line. There's a new vendor called Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com that I'm really looking forward to trying.

A lot, but not all, of my favorite juices are made with naturally extracted tobaccos (NET). I highly recommend reading this excellent thread and asking for tobacco suggestions:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/274904-natural-tobaccos-1311.html

While I've enjoyed some of the juices you listed, discovering the NET world has taken my tobacco e-liquids to a new level. I'm thinking you'll dig NETs.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I'm a tobacco guy, I really dig most of their tobaccos, but like has been said, they do get a lot better with steeping. My two faves are the aforementioned Legend and I'm also really digging Sludge. Taste is so subjective, I don't think Bobas is the be all end all, and I'm not a big fan of Tribeca either. Ahlushion has some great tobacco juices too, I'd give them a vape, if you haven't yet.

Last edited:

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
in case you are curious. i have tried about 15 different vendors, and as of right now........i think Halo and copper creek are the best, by far.

If your start date is any indication of when you started ordering then the odds are that most of the stuff you have bought has not steeped any where near long enough. As I understand it tobaccos should get at least a month of patience and understanding before they are prime. And some take even longer. I also noted that the ones you have liked are from companies that do big bulk production and that the odds are fairly good that they are already steeped by the time you get them.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
As I understand it tobaccos should get at least a month of patience and understanding before they are prime. And some take even longer.

That's not necessarily true. Some NETs, like HHVs and Goodejuice for example, should get a long steep. The harder tobacco ones like Ahlusion's aromatics, Mountain Oak Vapor's Apache, Want2Vape's Signature line, etc. don't change much with time and are great to vape fresh.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
There have been lots of popular vendors I didn't like (if we all liked the same juice, we wouldn't need all these vendors), but it never occurred to me to start a thread about it. What's the point?

I agree, Gthompson. Since my vaping journey began almost a year ago, I've tried countless vendors and settled upon three or four. But during that time, I never felt the need to mention the others in a thread on ECF. What's the point? Why would others care that I didn't like a certain vendor's juices?

I will say, however, that HHV tobaccos DO need to steep. I used to think that was just an excuse for bad or cheap juices (see the MBV thread....) but it is very true in this case. Dragon's Fire, Shadow, Legend, Dark Horse, Heavenly Army, all really do shine after three weeks.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Huntsman, Legend and Dark Horse are no nonsense tobaccos. In fact, they are HHV's strongest tobaccos from what I've tasted (and I've had all of the NETs except for Pirates Booty and Sludge). But they do require at least a month of steep, if not longer for the best flavor.

I just received a new bottle of Huntsman in the mail, and I forgot it was yellowish. My steeped bottle is a lovely orange color and the flavor is earthy and strong, and an authentic tobacco with just a slight natural sweetness.

If you need more hardcore tobaccos, I second the recommendation for GoodeJuice's House Brewed line (and since you like Halo, check out their USA Lab Made line are well). Patriot is one of THE most authentic tobacco's I've tried, and Organic #1 is heaven sent ;)

But with HHV -- let it steep. It does reward you in the end.

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
I was unimpressed by all the tobaccos I had tried until I found The Duke from Indigo. I won't be blindly ordering anymore tobacco flavors. I'm going to have to try them by way of a friend.

I've been letting a bottle Dean from Fuzion steep for months now and it's just not getting any better. It has changed slightly in flavor, just not for the better

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
I agree, Gthompson. Since my vaping journey began almost a year ago, I've tried countless vendors and settled upon three or four. But during that time, I never felt the need to mention the others in a thread on ECF. What's the point? Why would others care that I didn't like a certain vendor's juices?

the point.....is that i felt like i wasted money on HHV. i heard nothing but great things, and saw how coveted they were on this forum.
so, i'm simply trying to put in my 2 cents, to possibly caution other new buyers.
i was soooooo sure that HHV was gonna be great, i bought 2 sample packs. maybe if i saw a thread like this. i would have used more caution, and only bought 1 and saved some money.

I will say, however, that HHV tobaccos DO need to steep. I used to think that was just an excuse for bad or cheap juices (see the MBV thread....) but it is very true in this case. Dragon's Fire, Shadow, Legend, Dark Horse, Heavenly Army, all really do shine after three weeks.

for you, and all that seem to be making the assumption that i don't know about steeping. i waited 2 weeks and 5 or 6 days. i doubt 1 day is gonna be a game changer.

also, mentioned that copper creek was one of my favs, and they mix to order as well.

Last edited:

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
I guess I didn't see the previous notes about steeping HHV for 30 days.
If this is so, then they should put a note in with the order to let newcomers know.
I didn't know and almost tossed them. Now, I'll hold on to them for 30 days first.
TY.

just my opinion.....but i think 30 days in nonsense. i think this is something that advocates of HHV(and other vendors) say in order to defend a juice they like.
why do i think this? because every vendor i order from(that makes to order) i always email them directly, and ask how long i should steep. well heather herself (or at least an employee that answers questions for the website) told me 2-3 weeks should be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread