Dripping vs Bottom Feeding on a VV mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

StraightV8per

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Sanford, NC
So for the longest time I have been dripping with a 510 atty at around 2.0 to 2.2 ohm with different variations of box mods like the MadVapes 3 AA VV box mod and certainly enjoyed the results, usually at around 4.5 to 5v. I consistently got good flavor, vapor production, and throat hit. Recently I decided after much thought to give the bottom feeding world a try and obtained and Ali'i VV. I have tried this mod with the same 510 as well as a bottom feeding hybrid 2.0ohm mod from COV and I don't get good results. I feed it correctly, don't flood it, and it seems almost like i have to feed it for each drag i take and even then the liquids taste different (almost watered down), the throat hit is dramatically less, and the vapor production is simply ok. I see so many people on the forum that just SWEAR by their bottom fed mods like the REO, Ali'l, Hogmod, RSM, and on and on. Am I the only person that prefers dripping over bottom fed. I was hoping that the bottom fed would have similar performance as dripping so that i could finally stop carrying around juice bottles but the way it is working right now I think I am going to sell my bottom fed mods and stick with dripping. Any advice out there? Have any others noticed a dramatic performance difference between dripping and bottom feeding?

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
There should be no major difference. They are just alternative ways of wetting the wick :) It can be easy to flood atty's with a bottom feeder and it takes some practice to get the action right. But once you have there should be little if any difference.

I don't have an Ali'i but as far as I know, you don't have to use the feeder, you can just drip the atty if you like. Try it and see if it works better for you? To me though, it sounds more like a difference in voltage/power output between your old mod and your new one - that would be more likely to affect the throat hit, vapour production etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread