What is a bottom feed Mod and how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrephunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Montauk - NY
I may have asked this in another forum, but never to the vets. What exactly is a bottom feed mod? I understand it is a mod which has a bottle that supplys an atty from inside the mod, but how does it work? What kind of atty do you need to use? How does the liquid get to the atty exactly? I am asking this because I am thinking of either trying to get a Rio Grand or a VVPV from NotCigs. The VVPV has a drip on demand system, but the Reos are bottom feed, and I want to know more about the bottom feeders

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Here's the inside of a reo-mini (battery goes in the righthand slot.) ejuice in the bottle is dispensed by pumping the bottle through the hole in the door (there are other designs) and the ejuice goes up through the tube into the atomizer via the hole in the center post of the atty, into the area of the coil. The Reo's have a 'well' for excess fluid to run back into the bottle -and to prevent flooding.

I have a reo-mini equiped with a 1.5Ω cisco 306 lr atty and it works great. There are some attys now that are being built with bottom feeders in mind - see 'Vapage' bottom feeder attys and cartos. The gold 'universal' works great on the mini. That said, any atty should work on it. Some cartos structures might restrict bottom feeding - you'd have to do more research on what doesn't work as well.

AND... you can still drip on the mini - sometimes I do that when the bottle is getting low.. ;) I use a cannon drip tip that tends to reduce the heat of the 1.5Ω atty better than some other thinner ones.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Clumsy Girl's Reo: :)

004-9.jpg

Hog's mod:

5957503187_c18e67c744.jpg

If you want to talk about the Reo specifically, visit their subforum: