E-cigs and nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
Hi,

I'm not a heavy smoker which means I only smoke a few sigarettes once a week when I drink. I bought smoke51 duo starter kit which come with regular strength cigs - 6mg. I only did two puffs, but it felt like i smoked the whole pack of reds. My left arm went numb, heart started racing and I could not fall asleep all night long. The next day I had the worst hang over. My wife felt the same way.

So unless you are a heavy smoker this thing is not for you because you are getting pure nicotine in huge amounts. This thing will actually make you addicted to nicotine and make you want to smoke more. Also there is a really good chance to overdose on nicotine with this thing since you have no concept of how much you are getting with each puff. They say the cig starts to blink when it "thinks" you had too many puffs. But do you really want to put your life into hand of some questionable "technology"?

I'm predicting that there going to be lots of ODs on this eciggarettes in the future.
FDA affilliate

FL-Eagle

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Holiday, FL
I took to vaping right away, it was very easy to make the transition from analogs to the e-cig. Right form the start I found myself only smoking 2-3 analogs a day and it didn't bother me in the least.
I the past when I tried to quit when it came down to the last smoke I was a nervous wreck thinking this is going to be my last one.

ruslan you should have just gone to a 0mg nicotine cart, but then again if that's all you smoke to begin with why bother.

ProtoType

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
New Jersey
Rusian is just a terrorist trying to use scare tactics and get a rise out of you folks. Since everyone pretty much said what I would of I wont have to reiterate.

I assume he is a loser making stuff up for fun, is a ......, or works for a company that stands to benefit from bringing negativity into the light of an incredible and revolutionary product.

Maybe it's all three.

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net
hmm, thats 6mg/ml and no cartridge of an e-cig would hold over 1 ml of liquid, an average full flavor cigarette contains about 1mg of nicotine, so even if you took 4 hits that drained the entire cartridge you and your wife only consumed 3 cigs worth of nicotine a piece, i call psycho-semantic reaction or troll

HighTech

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
USA
I haven't received my first vp yet, but I even know that on the websites that I was browsing through clearly stated that if you just smoke a couple of cigarettes a week, this is not for you. So, I think you should have read a bit further before you purchased so you wouldn't come on a forum like this and make some dramatic claims that are simply not warranted. The WHO (World Health Organization) even says that you receive even LESS nicotine from a pv than from a regular cigarette. It really sounds like a reaction to the PG (I am not making a diagnosis on-line either. :))

I don't think I'm wrong and I have been constantly researching the whole e-cig revolution and I have seen that pretty consistently. Stick to your one cig a week.

Another thing, why would you come on a forum like this, make these claims and call people names that are clearly here to help? It's equivalent to going over to a strangers house and then cursing them for their taste in decor! It makes no sense!

I still can't wait for my package! :)

Correct, I think you're gonna love it! :)

His whole post sounds like the ramblings of a 12 year old kid...

Correct, I think you're gonna love it! :)

His whole post sounds like the ramblings of a 12 year old kid...

I just received my package!! It's like Christmas in August in my house right now... I'm off to READ everything in my packages, start the battery charging and wait some more! lol :p

I agree, I think I'm going to love it too. :D

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
Hi,

I'm not a heavy smoker which means I only smoke a few sigarettes once a week when I drink. I bought smoke51 duo starter kit which come with regular strength cigs - 6mg. I only did two puffs, but it felt like i smoked the whole pack of reds. My left arm went numb, heart started racing and I could not fall asleep all night long. The next day I had the worst hang over. My wife felt the same way.

So unless you are a heavy smoker this thing is not for you because you are getting pure nicotine in huge amounts. This thing will actually make you addicted to nicotine and make you want to smoke more. Also there is a really good chance to overdose on nicotine with this thing since you have no concept of how much you are getting with each puff. They say the cig starts to blink when it "thinks" you had too many puffs. But do you really want to put your life into hand of some questionable "technology"?

I'm predicting that there going to be lots of ODs on this eciggarettes in the future.

Either you leaped before you looked as far as e-cigs are concerned, or you're just a troll in the making.

A few cigarettes a week when I drink. Funny, that's how most drinkers become heavy smokers. I know that's how I started.

yoshimi

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Costa Rica
Either you leaped before you looked as far as e-cigs are concerned, or you're just a troll in the making.

A few cigarettes a week when I drink. Funny, that's how most drinkers become heavy smokers. I know that's how I started.

Either that or it's how most smokers become heavy drinkers "I only smoke when I drink, honnest"

cassavetes

Moved On
Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
You sir are a ......

First of all, as others have stated, if you only smoke a few cigarettes when you drink once a week, why would you even consider trying a PV? Why not just stick with your couple of smokes when you drink?

And would I put my life in the hands of some "questionable" technolgy? Well, would you put your life in the hands of a tobacco company? I'll take my chances with the former.

For some reason, I see you you sitting at the bar with a fruity drink and your two Virginia Slims. Bad ...!

Last edited:

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
Either that or it's how most smokers become heavy drinkers "I only smoke when I drink, honnest"

Since I'd be seeing double, I could've started them both at the same time! No wait! The booze would've put out the cigarette, but then again, maybe that's why the booze tasted funny! Hell, I don't know, I was drunk for 14 years. Been sober for 18 1/2. Been smoke free for - see below.:w00t:

yoshimi

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Costa Rica
Since I'd be seeing double, I could've started them both at the same time! No wait! The booze would've put out the cigarette, but then again, maybe that's why the booze tasted funny! Hell, I don't know, I was drunk for 14 years. Been sober for 18 1/2. Been smoke free for - see below.:w00t:

1 hour away from your 2 month anniversary, congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread