E-cigs and nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshimi

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Costa Rica
You're right, didn't even notice. Now on the sobriety, that's different. March 20, 1991 first full day of being sober - cold turkey, no 12 step, no religion. I just didn't like the person looking back at me in the mirror.

I'm in awe, most people struggle to battle one addiction and you're going strong on two. I hope you're as proud of yourself as you deserve to be!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Ummm...do they really think that fake stories like this - filled with inaccuracies and impossibilities - is really going to make us quit vaping and go back to smoking? What it wrong with these people?

At first I thought it was a real person who was confused, but the more I re-read the post and his response, it's obviously someone who is trying to make PVs look bad, because they believed all of the lies in the press, told by ASH et al.

If you only vape the same times you used to smoke and use lower nicotine, you shouldn't have a problem, There's about 1mg of nic in one cig. (around 20mg @pk or so they claim)

More often than not, there will be more nic in the pre-filled carts than your body is accustomed to having, unless you fill your own carts, You could always cut your nic %liquid in half with glycerin and lower nic level even more if it worries you.

Last edited:

dopebeat

May 10, 2009
Hi,

I'm not a heavy smoker which means I only smoke a few sigarettes once a week when I drink. I bought smoke51 duo starter kit which come with regular strength cigs - 6mg. I only did two puffs, but it felt like i smoked the whole pack of reds. My left arm went numb, heart started racing and I could not fall asleep all night long. The next day I had the worst hang over. My wife felt the same way.

So unless you are a heavy smoker this thing is not for you because you are getting pure nicotine in huge amounts. This thing will actually make you addicted to nicotine and make you want to smoke more. Also there is a really good chance to overdose on nicotine with this thing since you have no concept of how much you are getting with each puff. They say the cig starts to blink when it "thinks" you had too many puffs. But do you really want to put your life into hand of some questionable "technology"?

I'm predicting that there going to be lots of ODs on this eciggarettes in the future.

Along with the scare mongering there is some relatively good advice in there, yes e-smoking probably isn't for social smokers and yes if you don't do your homework you'll have no idea how much nicotine you're getting in a single hit.

On the other hand, I'd class e-smoking as close to an experimental medicine and if you have any sense you'll read up and do as much research as you can before making any choice about what you buy, and who you buy from.

ODing is happening, I know someone that went to hospital because they were chewing nicotine gum and smoking at the same time (turned out fine, read up on nicotine poisoning if you're that worried). People don't read the manual or follow the advice it gives so it happens. But I don't need to give you links to pictures of emphysema or smokers leg do I.

Anyway as has been said, to overdose on a 6mg cart after 2 tokes is pretty much impossible and if true it sounds like an allergic reaction, these do happen to the base mixer of the fluid or the flavourings. If you are still desperate to give up your one or two cigarettes a week then carts without nicotine would be ideal, you obviously aren't addicted to the nicotine, just the sensation of smoking whilst drinking down the pub.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier posting in newb forum

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
Along with the scare mongering there is some relatively good advice in there, yes e-smoking probably isn't for social smokers and yes if you don't do your homework you'll have no idea how much nicotine you're getting in a single hit.

Not exactly. You know what the maximum possible amount is. The amount in the juice.

ODing is happening, I know someone that went to hospital because they were chewing nicotine gum and smoking at the same time (turned out fine, read up on nicotine poisoning if you're that worried).

OD'ing happens when you use more than what you're supposed to at the same time.

I would venture to say it was more than one piece of gum being chewed, plus smoking. At the very least, doubling up on the nicotine intake. Chain-chewing and patches, smoking, nicotrol inhalers - all of this has led to nicotine overdose when you do precisely what you aren't supposed to do.

ie: Common sense is a good friend to have.

I'm not targeting your post btw, just trying to add on for clarity :)

jimik

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Spring Hill, Fl
I disagree, probably from ASH. Those trolls stop at nothing, especially with that nazi Banzhalf at the helm.

That is basically what I was thinking, I would not put it past them when Banzhalf prides himself as a terrorist of sorts. The way the post is written, I would not doubt if it is the editor for Banzhalf's website ;)

That said, we really don't know who he is. Perhaps this guy suffered a minor heart attack while he was out last night, attributed the symptoms he had to two puffs taken off a 6mg cart.

dopebeat

May 10, 2009
Not exactly. You know what the maximum possible amount is. The amount in the juice.

Without doing any reading, that 6mg could be referring to anything you could guess that you weren't going to get more than 6mg in a hit but it is important to read up on what you are doing.

I would venture to say it was more than one piece of gum being chewed, plus smoking. At the very least, doubling up on the nicotine intake. Chain-chewing and patches, smoking, nicotrol inhalers - all of this has led to nicotine overdose when you do precisely what you aren't supposed to do.

Yeah, he wasn't being clever about it, turned out all right and going to hospital is an extremely serious OD, anyone with brains would work out they felt like ****e and stop chewing, but I suppose that with nicotine gum digestion may cause a slower release.

I'm not targeting your post btw, just trying to add on for clarity :)

Not taken that way at all.

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
Without doing any reading, that 6mg could be referring to anything you could guess that you weren't going to get more than 6mg in a hit but it is important to read up on what you are doing.

Concentration is a direct measurement of mass/volume, so its a known - but yeah, reading is key, no argument there :)

Yeah, he wasn't being clever about it, turned out all right and going to hospital is an extremely serious OD, anyone with brains would work out they felt like ****e and stop chewing, but I suppose that with nicotine gum digestion may cause a slower release.

Yeah, theres some written notice with the gum, but I don't remember what it was - it was a few years ago I gave gum a shot

Not taken that way at all.

Just wanted to mention to make sure.... the tone of what I write doesn't always come across the right way :)

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Hi,

I'm not a heavy smoker which means I only smoke a few sigarettes once a week when I drink. I bought smoke51 duo starter kit which come with regular strength cigs - 6mg. I only did two puffs, but it felt like i smoked the whole pack of reds. My left arm went numb, heart started racing and I could not fall asleep all night long. The next day I had the worst hang over. My wife felt the same way.

So unless you are a heavy smoker this thing is not for you because you are getting pure nicotine in huge amounts. This thing will actually make you addicted to nicotine and make you want to smoke more. Also there is a really good chance to overdose on nicotine with this thing since you have no concept of how much you are getting with each puff. They say the cig starts to blink when it "thinks" you had too many puffs. But do you really want to put your life into hand of some questionable "technology"?

I'm predicting that there going to be lots of ODs on this eciggarettes in the future.
I'm predicting you are a poster from anti-smoking.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I've been a member of several different internet forums over the past half a decade, and I think this may be the most blatant case of trolling that I have ever seen. Besides being physiologically impossible to OD on one 6mg cart(unless you weighed less then five pounds), the part about the blinking warning light(if you over-vape) is straight out of Blucigs package and internet literature. Then the coup-de-gras final statement/prediction about many people OD'ing in the future.

I didn't realize Big Pharma/Big Tobacco/FDA were now handing out scripts to trolls.

As if that would've changed anyone's mind on this forum anyway. Definitely the wrong audience for that post.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
shivadance-albums-profile-pics-picture2327-troll-we-know.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread