Status
Not open for further replies.

Aras

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
thevaporchef.com
I finally broke even after I made my arsenal near complete. Including all the stuff I need for my first 5v mod. Never went more than $20 over my cig spending on the sig I use which was properly filled out.

If I spend $10 on batts next time, and every time, I buy american made juice for $15 per 30ml, which I go through 70 - 100 ml per month so far. Tons of cash saved soon! CHA-CHING! Not to mention that I'm not smoking any more...

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
Well doing the math for me( hubby smoked too) 2 cartons a week or 8 cartons a month = $480 dollars a month on anologs. Now That we have the ecig we both like and we know what juices we like and we have back up flavors in case we want to change things up, this month we spent 120 bucks but only because he is deploying and I needed to get him spare carto's and backup juice to take with him. normally i spend about 60 bucks a month on juice and that is normally for both of us vaping it. I do buy other things ecig related but what is cool is i have the extra money to spend on ecigs if i want

I cant put a price tag on how much better my life is now that im not smoking.JMO
Tara

Aras

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
thevaporchef.com
Well doing the math for me( hubby smoked too) 2 cartons a week or 8 cartons a month = $480 dollars a month on anologs. Now That we have the ecig we both like and we know what juices we like and we have back up flavors in case we want to change things up, this month we spent 120 bucks but only because he is deploying and I needed to get him spare carto's and backup juice to take with him. normally i spend about 60 bucks a month on juice and that is normally for both of us vaping it. I do buy other things ecig related but what is cool is i have the extra money to spend on ecigs if i want

I cant put a price tag on how much better my life is now that im not smoking.JMO
Tara

Affirmative.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
What price your health and peace of mind?
I dont spend as much btw - I used to spend $25 a week and now I usually do that in a month unless something needs replacing like hardware, or I go hogwild and buy a mod. Over time it works out way cheaper for me - and less doctor visits (and subsequent medicines) for things as well has to be factored into that.

vapinmachine

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Smoking costed me about $60 a week. Vaping currently has costed me $300 in the last week or so. This is because I've bought additional batteries, blank carts, atomizers, extra juice, etc. It's starting to annoy me. I almost bought a Pass through but made myself STOP because I don't need one with all the batts I have.

I'm hoping this does start to save me money sometime soon.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Smoking costed me about $60 a week. Vaping currently has costed me $300 in the last week or so. This is because I've bought additional batteries, blank carts, atomizers, extra juice, etc. It's starting to annoy me. I almost bought a Pass through but made myself STOP because I don't need one with all the batts I have.

I'm hoping this does start to save me money sometime soon.

I'm surprised you're still spending that much if you've been vaping since May 2009.

I know I went hog wild there for a while but then I reached a point of having too much---especially the hardware.

Right now I probably got enough, unless I run into a major hardware failure, to last me most of my life.

As for the liquid, I make my own and no longer use nicotine and have a good stock of the fixings around too.

I have spent $0 in the last 8 months.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
@jj2:

I stopped vaping in May 2009 because I spent a ton of money on horrible PV's (ones that look like cigs giving off poor vapor, failing frequently, and way overpriced) - didn't start vaping again until recently.

That would explain your expenses, hopefully on good stuff this time. I hit payback in five months, but I have over two years of supplies. Be smart and you'll be good.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
With two of us switching from smoking to vaping, we broke even in about two months. That's 2 of everything, ie. kits, juice orders doubled, etc. In January, when I stopped adding up everything we bought since July 1, 2009, we had saved well over $1,500. Again, that's compared to 2 people buying and smoking cigarettes.
Now, with our eGos, we pick up an atty or two, a battery maybe, or a little extra juice but never spend more than $30-$40 each month. Compare that to 2-3 cartons of cigarettes a week at $40 a carton when we stopped.
That's $40 vs. more than $400 per month. I have no idea where the money came from back then for cigarettes. Insane!

rockinred1011

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Toronto ON
Personally I don't need to replace anything but the juice for 5 months (+/-) at a time. When I replace my juice stock I always buy 2 bottles and they usually last me about a month. Each bottle is about 15$ so lets say a bottle lasts me 2 weeks thats better then the 30$ a week I spent on analogs. 30$ a week vs. 30$ a month seems pretty good for me!

I guess I've been pretty lucky with my pv though. The last time I had to replace something it was an atomizer that I accidentally whipped against the wall and although it still worked it wasn't producing enough vapor. So I'm personally saving a tonne of money by vaping. Even if I wasn't the fact that I'm free from analogs is worth any price.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Vaping is cheaper. . .at twice the price. I smoked 2.5 packs (US) a day everyday for neigh onto 51 years. Right now I'm a spendin every penny I can on batts, attys 'n juice. They're either gonna tax um or ban um, and I intend to have enough on hand to last the rest of my life. Which, because of my vaping is prolly gonna be longer than if I were still smoking cigarettes. JMHO
Cheers,
otrpu

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan
I switched in January, so it's about 6 months....
during that time I have bought a 510 starter kit ($50), KR808 starter kit ($50), three different passthroughs ($45), a few misc attys,cartomizers, etc ($50), a used vhaler from the classifieds section ($85) a used indulgence and DSE905 ($50).....that totals around $320....

I messed around a lot with juices to begin with, but for certain, if I had just bought what I use now (TV) I could easily get by with less than two bottles of 48 mg ejuice and two bottles of doubler a month....that would come to $360 for the six months......

in that same six months I would have bought 180 packs of cigarettes at an average cost of $5 a pack (low estimate) at a total cost of $900.

$680 versus $900 which includes the intitial investiment of five different PVs......

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
I just don't understand the battery each month....I had my Ego batteries that I bought with my kit in Feb, 2010, and all three are still going strong....Of course they are manual batteries, but all I do is clean the battery tip with a Q-tip before charging it...
Now, attys are a different story and I do look around about one month before needing them...Usually buy 5 or 10 depending on the price...
So far for the past 4 weeks, I have not bought anything that I "needed", I did buy some juice after receiving a email from a company giving me 30%....Received 15ml of juice for the price of 10ml..Yes, I look for sales, and specials, and coupons....Enjoy...

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
If you are having to replace batteries every month something is terribly wrong. The batt hanging off my lip right now has been going strong for 12+ months

I agree Mac. Both the one batt a month and one atty a month (regular type not LR ;-) is an overestimate. I've lost three batteries in a year - two autos that I dripped into and one that simply failed. I haven't lost a 510 or 801 atty that I haven't killed either through inattention on HV. Fried a few LR atty of each type. And a few cartoz too on HV devices.

Still, if a person was 'stocking up' with regular ecigs, I'd still advice them to make a bulk purchase of around 20-25 batts and attys if only in the event of a ban and at the best bulk price they can.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
I imagine it would depend upon the amount of cigs and the cost of them where you are at....
For me here in CA a pack of cigs was 7.00, I was a pack and half smoker.
Thats 315.00 a month (a bloody car payment sigh)

I need to sit down a run the numbers...but I know I havnt spent 315 a month on this...more like 100.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread