e-liquid in mouth when inhaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmiller360

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
New Bern, NC
Hi,

I've been vaping for over a month now and love it, haven't bought analogs since I got my 901 mini.

My only question is, is it normal to get liquid in your mouth when vaping? I've been topping off my carts and no matter how little I put in there I get some liquid that seeps through the stuffing and I end up with it on my lips and sometimes get some in my mouth. Is there any way to avoid that? Or is that just a normal part of it, I worry about getting too much nicotine in my system when that happens.

Thanks,
Debra

It usually comes with too much juice or sucking the heck out of it.

This used to happen all the time when I was using a super mini, but since I switched to the pen style, it only happens rarely.

Just make sure that when you top off, you wipe the outer cart off.

Also, I haven't had any adverse affects with the juice in the mouth. I just wipe or take a drink of something.

Good luck!

-Paul

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
Maybe you need to take the stuffing out of the cartridge and clean it. Try using a pair of tweezers to take the stuffing out and put it on a paper towel. Then squeeze it while folding the paper towel over it to drain it of any existing juice. Replace the stuffing in the cartridge and dry dripping a few drops so the stuffing is saturated, but not puddling at the top.

My guess is that padding is already saturated when you are topping off your cartridges.

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
Debra,

In addition to the advice everyone else has given, what I do is make sure the 'airflow grooves' on the brown part of the cartridge are clear of liquid. When I top off I check to see if there is liquid on the brown part and if there is I wipe it down making sure to clear the grooves on the side.

Hope it works for you!

-Cal

dmmiller360

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
New Bern, NC
thanks for the replies.

I guess I'm overfilling. Yeah, it's not that pleasant to be drinking the stuff in.

I will try the things you guys suggested, I've never taken the stuffing out and drained it, so maybe that's what is needed. I've tried adding a drop of liquid then kind of fluffing the stuffing with tweezers, but still got juice in my mouth, maybe I'm filling too soon, I just do it when I notice that the taste is really getting faint and the vapor isn't as much as it was. I've also waited too long and had the burning taste from the stuffing burning on the automizer. This really is a learning experience, but it's fun at least.

Thanks again,
Debra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread