Ego Booster First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

teabagger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
newmarket
So much to my delight today i was able to get my hands on a Ego Booster(a mod i was completely in the dark about until today). What is this you may ask, it is, as it states an addition to the ego that allows boosted variable voltage from 3.3-4.7 volts. A proudly all canadian innovation, that as far as i know is only available here.

Canadian electronic cigarette Happy/Joye eGo, Booster

Every self loving vapor most likely owns a ego product of some kind, and if you do you should also own this. It came in a very nice pseudo-leather bound ring box, that made me think my ego was renewing its vows with me, and i had only one answer "I DO". It is constructed wonderfully, and does exactly what it says it does, if You did not know better you would think this came directly from the Joye factory. Proud to be canadian and honored to be one of the first owners of the Ego Booster.

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.

teabagger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
newmarket
Ive only had it for a couple of hours... have not killed a standard 650mah ego battery yet and they usually last me about 6-7 hours of s, although i am sure it must lesson the life span a little bit, i can only report on that when i have more quantifiable data., and as far as how i use it, all the way open so 4.7v's and a 1.8ohm 510 atty it hits like a mack truck with 18mg halo juice, just in ego form and feel. it adds a little bit of length to the battery, but that is a fair trade off. Also it remains compatible with all the other ego accessories, like the tank and the ego attys etc.

Last edited:

teabagger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
newmarket
if you have ego batteries, and dont already have a Higher voltage option then 60$ is well worth the price IMHO. I am very pleased with it... the draw is exatly the same as the ego due to having a ego connection at the top, and 4.7 volt spews out the vapor on my BMF cartos and 510 attys. As mentioned earlier 650mah ego batteries usually last me about 6 to 7 hours, and now have found them to last around 5-6 hours for me now with it jacked up to 4.7, but battery life is dependent on your own vape style. for me its a wonderful addition to my vape kit since i have not used anything above 3.7 volts since my last FistPak, and all i keep around are ego's and kr8's so 60$ was very justifiable to myself since i already had the existing gear to accommodate this..

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
My first impression was that the price was way too high to just boost my eGo battery. But I'm getting my eGo batts from China inexpensively, and a couple eGo batts and a passthrough, combined with this boost are not a bad deal at all when you look at the vv mods, batts and chargers. If you've already got an eGo setup, easy enhancement. Lots of eGo flexibility unless you need a feeder.

I'm too frugal to get one of these at this time, but I see the value. Maybe the price will come down after the initial buying frenzy. I think they'd sell like hotcakes in the under $40 range.

But then, how well are hotcakes selling?

mwebmaster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2011
Ireland
Hey teabagger thanks for your topic, really interesting device
I am just wondering if this booster keeping the volt stable at output, if yes I would say it's worth the asking price 100%
As you may know standard eGo keep 3.4 stabilized output - means even if internal battery down from fresh 4.2 volts to 3.7 after some use under load the output still would be 3.4
Would be great if you could measure the voltage at booster

teabagger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
newmarket
Its my understanding that this device was specifically designed with the egos pwm in mind, that comes second hand from guy who has had conversation with designer, i have not done any load testing with a meter, but judging buy the constant draw and vapor and consistency that i have experienced so far only being 1.5 days i would say it stays consistent.

valtergomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Portugal, Braga
www.ohmyvape.com
i've got mine 2 days ago.. i've done a review ( YouTube - ‪valtergomesghk's Channel‬‏ ), its in Portuguese.. But you can see the diference on the vapor production when i switch the Voltage :p

its a really nice device for those who like to switch voltage and so.

i've tested with 510-Tank (at 4.7v burns the liquid)
with eGo-Tank (gives a new life to this system, really nice at 4v+/4.7v)
with cartos kr808d-1 (at 4.7v u gotta do small inhales or it burns the liquid, if u do small inhales, its rly good)

tested on a ego-t batterie and on the ggts.

dont have anything else for now to test on :p

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
i've got mine 2 days ago.. i've done a review ( YouTube - ‪valtergomesghk's Channel‬‏ ), its in Portuguese.. But you can see the diference on the vapor production when i switch the Voltage :p

with cartos kr808d-1 (at 4.7v u gotta do small inhales or it burns the liquid, if u do small inhales, its rly good)

Awesome! First video review I've seen of the Ego Booster and it's in your native language. Represent!

I don't speak Portugese, but I enjoyed your review anyway. Thanks.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
Does it enhance most/any of the flavors with the Ego-T? Thanks!!!!!

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
See many comments about price. I agree. Although would like to try - just too pricey to do so. Understand it comes with nice presentation box - could do without it easily if less pricey. But - seems to sell out quickly at pricey price so complaints about price not likely to impact much. Perhaps Chinese will come up with some variant but less pricey For me, will stick with unregulated 3.7 devices and LRs to get watts that satisfy. If and when price became more reasonable, I for one will give it a try. China - looking for some competition here! (Actually - it would seem - that eGo boost circuitry could be incorporated into an eGo with less size distortion if the eGo people put their mind to it.)

tacklebait

Feb 4, 2010
BC Canada
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311395337.803337.jpg
I had mine start to come apart after the first week, before I could dab a bit of glue and stick it back in the button fell off. Itll be replaced but just a heads up! It's a easy fix if you notice it getting a little loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread