First Impressions Ego Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirsan

Jan 19, 2011
East Granby, CT
After refreshing the Fed Ex page for 2 straight days, the Ego Booster came in this morning! I'm going to write about my experiences for the day using type B LR atomizers and a standard 510 drip tip. I'm using my own DIY liquid, 24 MG 70/30 PG/VG Latakia/Hypnotic Mist blend. I'm using a 1000 mah passthru also. When the Ego has the 1000 mah battery (it's the passthru battery which is even longer than the standard 1000 mah), the booster and the tank/atomizer it's ridiculously long lol, more on that below.

I started the day using an old LR B atty that was past it's prime, I was hoping this would give it new life, I haven't used it in a bit. First hit at the lowest setting, 3.3, as expected, it hit like crap. 3.7, hmmmm, now we are getting somewhere. At 4 it was pretty much back to where it was a month ago. YEEEES! Anything above 4 and it tasted pretty burnt. I'm loving it, it's revived 2 more of my old LR B attys too. I've read that the booster doesn't affect LR attys too much, but it definitely did on every setting I've tested it on.....

On to the standard 510, which probably isn't a great test since it hits very well either way, but here goes. Standard 3.3 was fine, same as standard Ego. I bumped it right to 4 and it was beautiful, almost too harsh, but probably where I will vape with the drip tip. 4.7 was absurd, crazy throat hit and a ton of vapor, even with 70/30 mix, a little too high for me.

Overall I am more than pleased with this. I don't think 60 bucks is too expensive, considering the amount of money we all spend on vaping. I have a bunch of Ego/510 batteries and accessories too, so it may not be quite so economical for those who have no Ego equipment already. The length of it definitely may turn some people off, my setup with the tank is 8.5 inches long. Definitely can't just stick it in my pocket, will have to get a Pringles can or something. :p The dial is a little flimsy too, need to be careful when you put it down on it's side to not change the voltage. I hope to follow up in a few days once i use a standard type b tank atty with some more thoughts.....

PROS:
True variable voltage!! WOOT.
Turns all genuine Ego batteries to VV, very flexible.
If you have Ego equipment, worth the money
Very nicely made, looks like genuine Ego, fits great.
Brings new life to old attys

CONS:
Makes your Ego very long, may be turnoff to some
Shortens battery life, don't know how much yet
Dial is a little flimsy
Only works on genuine Ego batts and a limited number of clones

I didn't put that the dial doesn't line up with the power button because for me it's not a big deal at all. I paid extra for the Fed Ex shipping, got to Connecticut in 3 days from Canada, I have no patience and it was definitely worth the extra loot, thanks Happy Vapor!!!

Dirsan

Jan 19, 2011
East Granby, CT
Quick update after having it over a week. Still working strong! The only issue I've had is using it with my 1000 MaH passthru battery. It blinks a few times when the battery gets low, and then pretty much won't work, so I have to re-charge the batt. No big deal, but kinda weird, it's the only battery it does this on.

I'm ordering some standard Type B attys this week, I'm pretty excited to see how well they work. The LR attys have been solid, and dripping 510's have been good too, I rarely even vape at 4.7, it's usually too strong, I'm normally staying at right around 4.

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
Great product, great review. I got mine and used it 24/7 for about a week. i hooked it up to a bad ego usb passthrough battery that burned it up. They got me a replacement right away. The neat thing about it is that it works with many old 510 mods, ( you do need an extension for most). I agree the only down side to this is that the ego or whatever mod you use is way long with the booster. I hope they come out with a smaller version, but it is one of the few things in electronic cigs that does work as advertised. I turn mine way up to 4.2-3 but still get relatively good battery life. when chain vaping in the car. When chain vaping the 1000 usb battery can't charge fast enough to keep up, so i will have to get another one for when i am on the road for extended periods, but overall a great product with great support!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread