eGo C Twist battery 100% failure rate- need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I purchased 5 different eGo C Twist VV 650 mah batteries and they all failed within a couple of hours of use.
I have been using eGo C Twist for a few years and all of my older models still work, but the batteries are getting worn.

The newer ones are complete junk! I took each apart (one of my old ones and a new one) and compared and it is obvious that the newer models are completely different when it comes to the electronics.

Any advice on a good alternative VV pen battery to replace the eGo C Twist VV 650 mah battery would be greatly appreciated. I like the smaller size for portability. There are so many out there I just don't know which I should try.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Susan~S
I think there are knock offs now. Spinners are also. Many supplier's will indicate if they are original Joyetech or Vision.

Keep in mind that the non spring loaded pin will render even the good ones inoperable when pushed down too far.

Thanks
I know about the pin, and it is definitely not the pin. The electronic parts are noticeably different.

Reactions: r77r7r
Thanks for the replies.

I figured out exactly which eGo C Twist has the 100% failure rate, at least for me. It is a knockoff (I didn't know that at first) The cost is the same as the original JoyeTech, around $20. The knockoff is from HelloSmoke, aka alibaba.com.
I will give a JoyeTech eGo C Twist a try.
I have been getting by using my smoktech mechanical and innokin SVD. They are just not as portable as the eGo style pen batteries. I would rather lose a $20 battery than a $60 - $100 rig!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Thanks for the replies.

I figured out exactly which eGo C Twist has the 100% failure rate, at least for me. It is a knockoff (I didn't know that at first) The cost is the same as the original JoyeTech, around $20. The knockoff is from HelloSmoke, aka alibaba.com.
    I will give a JoyeTech eGo C Twist a try.
    I have been getting by using my smoktech mechanical and innokin SVD. They are just not as portable as the eGo style pen batteries. I would rather lose a $20 battery than a $60 - $100 rig!

If you haven't been around in awhile.. Many Twist users have probably moved on to the smaller box mods. Priced about the same with alot more battery, shorter.....

Susan~S

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    If you haven't been around in awhile.. Many Twist users have probably moved on to the smaller box mods. Priced about the same with alot more battery, shorter.....
    +1 -- Like the iStick 30 watt

sp8apk.jpg

Susan~S

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    Wow! That is small. Really haven't been looking around for an alternative, but that's pretty cool.
    The Eleaf iStick 30 watt paired with either an Aspire Mini Nautilus or any of the eLeaf GS Air series of tanks are a pretty nice vape.

The eLeaf GS Air series of tanks & coils are inexpensive (~$10). Two different Kanthal coils: 1.5Ω (8-20 watts) & 1.2Ω (8-30 watts). Both are dual coils. Sweet Vapes carries them.

Reviews below.
    Picture of the Mini Nautilus on the iStick 30 watt

4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

I recently bought two 650mah Twist batteries from Heaven Gifts.
    I did so because I felt much more confident that they would be authentic Joyetech products.

They took about six weeks to get here though.
    And I hope I'm right about them being authentic.
    :)

They probably are. There is one way to tell for sure. The Joyetech 650 mAh measures 3.85". My knockoff measures just under 3 5/8"
    I thought mine were authentic joyetech. Luckily where I have been purchasing them from for the last 2 years show on their site, the actual manufacturer. I guess I never really paid attention before, but was surprised to see they were not joyetech.
    The company I deal with only purchases directly from the manufacturers. I thought only joyetech had eGo C Twist on their batteries, I have been corrected on that.

Last edited:
    Maybe an Istick mini if you want something even smaller?
    Eleaf **Mini** iStick MOD - 1050mAh - Black - Express KIT

Mini -> Size: 23.5 x 21 x 52mm
    Istick 30 -> Size (length x width x height): 32 x 20 x 77 mm

I spent some time watching some videos on those today. I am hoping to get a 50W model. I really want the 30W as well for back up, but I can't find any available, even the mini's are listed as out of stock, every color.

Thanks for pointing me in a good direction. I will surely be ordering one, or even two real soon.

Thanks all for the suggestions. You all pointed me in the right direction.

I spent a day and a half researching. The newer box style vapes had me interested. Like I mentioned previously, I haven't been researching different vapes for over a year now. I guess I just got stuck in my ways. If it works, and ain't broke, don't fix it eh? LOL

The only thing that bummed me out about the vape I ordered is that it does not have a spring loaded pin. Other than the pin, it seems perfect for me. Just ordered: Kanger SUBOX Nano. This will get me by until they restock the one I really wanted, the Joye e-VIC mini 60W in black.

Thanks again to all, and for this web forum. This is not the first time I have found a solution for my problem through this site.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread