ego + kanger issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmedant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Herndon, VA
So I took everyone's advice and peiced together my own set up. I got 2 1100 mah ego batteries and 2 vivi nova dual coil tanks and everything was wonderful!

My buddy found a local shop that sold alot of ecig stuff so I took a drive there and they had the Kanger protank on sale so I decided to give it a try. It worked beautifully (besides the first coil being bad, the shop replaced it for free). I've only used it for maybe 2 days now, the coil thats in it is the secondary coil (2.5 ohms I think)

This morning I charged my battery up and screwed the protank in and got nothing but a flashing light. I put my vivi nova on it and it works fine. I've taken everything apart, cleaned all the contact points, made sure everything was screwed on right and put together and I'm getting the same result.

What else should I be checking for? What do you think is wrong?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

The Goo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
St. Paul, Minnesota
It sounds like it may still be shorting out. Are you sure you're not over tightening it?

Also, on a few atomizer heads for mine, the negative lead is barely sticking out around the gasket. (it'll catch your skin on your finger if you rub on it ) I just take a fingernail clippers and clip it down lower. What happens is when you tighten it down it compresses that gasket and pushes the lead out and it will touch the base.

This is all I know and it has worked for me :)

Last edited:

itsmedant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Herndon, VA
I think I got it fixed! What I did was remove the base from the Kanger, unscrewed the coil, screwed the base on to the battery, then put the coil in, the the tank.

I think you guys were right, something wasn't fitting down there right and it was shorting out. It seems to be working perfectly right now, just hope it lasts!

The Kanger is so much smoother than the vivi!

Thanks guys for the insight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread