Need Help with Kanger ProTank and Ego C-Twist Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

keloric

Jun 11, 2013
Wynne, AR, USA
Hi everyone, I'm new to vaping and started with a CE4 and ego-c Twist setup. It works ok, but I couldn't vape the liquids I really wanted. I broke down and bought a Kanger ProTank so that I would have a glass tank. I filled it with liquid put it together, and connected it to my ego-c twist battery......and nothing happened. I've done and redone everything, tried a second twist battery, tried a different coil, but nothing has made it work. What am I doing wrong? Do I need an adapter or something? Is the Protank broken? I'm frustrated because I bought this and cannot use it. Thanks for your Help!

keloric

Jun 11, 2013
Wynne, AR, USA
I've tried it with the ring and without the ring and I've tried to screw it as tight as possible. I don't hear the 'searing' noise that you usually hear when you press the button to take a drag. It just doesn't do anything. I've tried both coils but am wondering if they both are bad? There is a little white rubber ring over the wicks, I've tried using it with and without that too. I didn't know if that was supposed to be there when it was assembled or if it was just to protect the wicks until use. You might be right about not making connection with the battery, but I don't know what else I could do besides screwing it as tight as possible. I'm at a loss.

dradeel

Mar 7, 2013
Trondheim, Norway
Double check the battery with something else. If it works, then my guess is it's not getting proper connection with the Protank atty. The protank doesn't have a very protruding post at the bottom of the connection, so if the post down in the middle of the connection on your battery has been pushed sliiightly down from other devices, that might be it. Try tightening the atty on the base of the Protank really good. Unless you're afraid about "post-pulling" on your battery, this is also an option (using a flat screw driver to carefully raise the post in the battery).

Last option (or perhaps rather your first option over post-pulling, since post-pulling might be meaningless if you don't get a reaction from this method) is to pull out the little post pin underneath the Protank atty. It has a groove across it and a hole in the middle for the air draw. This is what makes connection with your battery. Use a pair of pliers to pull it out (it sits loosely inside a white rubber insulator, so no worries. You can push it back in if you want to). Let it stay halfway in, then screw the Protank onto the battery. The battery end will push the pin in, leaving a somewhat loose fitting but working connection between the posts. If this works, you know what's causing the problem.

Good luck! :)

Edit: Don't remove the silicon caps on top of the atomizers. It's there to avoid flooding and gurgle. Don't bother with what's inside the tank until you got it working and you're worried about wicking :thumb:

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I've tried it with the ring and without the ring and I've tried to screw it as tight as possible. I don't hear the 'searing' noise that you usually hear when you press the button to take a drag. It just doesn't do anything. I've tried both coils but am wondering if they both are bad? There is a little white rubber ring over the wicks, I've tried using it with and without that too. I didn't know if that was supposed to be there when it was assembled or if it was just to protect the wicks until use. You might be right about not making connection with the battery, but I don't know what else I could do besides screwing it as tight as possible. I'm at a loss.

Keloric, The white silicone ring is there and must be there to keep juice from leaking out the tube that it snugs up to. Its really the only for that reason to make a seal against the air tube going up to the drip tip so juice doesnt get around it and leak out of the drip tip if you lay down the pv and also is there to keep too much juice from saturating the wicks..
Might be a dumb question but are you sure that the twist is turned on? 5 clicks on the button.
If you did screw down real tight the tank on the twist it probably pushed down the center pin on the twist and is not making a connection. Most likely the problem.

You can pull the pin up very slightly on the twist.(centerpic connector+ with a tiny screw driver. Not far at all. Just kind of wiggle the center pin and nudge it up just a hair. be very gentle. much movement is not needed, it can break the wire attached to it if you pull too much on it . im talking probably less than 1/32 of an inch.

Let us know if that solves the mystery.. good success.

Last edited:

keloric

Jun 11, 2013
Wynne, AR, USA
Thanks for all the help! Ok, I think the mystery has been solved. I did everything above and the thing that did the trick was to pull out the post pin on the atty. It helped make connection and it seems to be working now. Bad news is I screwed around with the posts on one of my twists a little too much and it doesn't seem to be working now. Did I just brick it?

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Thanks for all the help! Ok, I think the mystery has been solved. I did everything above and the thing that did the trick was to pull out the post pin on the atty. It helped make connection and it seems to be working now. Bad news is I screwed around with the posts on one of my twists a little too much and it doesn't seem to be working now. Did I just brick it?

put it back on the charger for a minute to see if it will reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread