Ego mega carts and attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylar

Aug 17, 2010
Washington
I have been using the mega cartomizers with my ego and I really like them except they are a bit of a pain to fill and leak. I decided to try the mega attys and mega carts. The carts are suppose to hold 2-3 mls of juice but I cannot get that much in them. I have used a bobby pin to push the filler so that the juice would flow down and also made sure that the filler is back to where it should be before I vape. I do get a bit of gurgling when I start and then it drys out quick. I like to keep the atty wet so I am really careful. Any ideas on how to get more juice in the cart. Also what could I replace the filler with? I am asking for future reference as it seems the filler would be easy to replace. Thanks to all!!!

Skylar

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I use eGo mega carts/attys and I have taken the filler out, cut about 1/3 off lengthwise, then put it back it. I always get a little gurgling at first, but I vape it away then the cart seems to last forever! I think that the filler that comes in them is just a little too dense. I have found cutting about 1/3 off works. I tried cutting it in two horizontally...sorta using the remaining piece as a cap, but that didn't really work that well. I'm not sure I can get 2ml in a cart, but I know it holds a LOT. Good luck.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I just got some eGo mega carto's today. I just dripped juice through the hole in the batty connection end. It took 60 drops, I counted. I blew through it to see if it was full and maybe 2 drops came out. That wasn't nearly 2 ml I don't think. Out of a 10 ml bottle it was maybe 1.5 ml. Another thing I noticed is that it takes a long time to wick. I draw on it 2 or 3 times, then have to wait for it or it tastes like I'm burning filler. Is that normal? How do you take them apart?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just got some eGo mega carto's today. I just dripped juice through the hole in the batty connection end. It took 60 drops, I counted. I blew through it to see if it was full and maybe 2 drops came out. That wasn't nearly 2 ml I don't think. Out of a 10 ml bottle it was maybe 1.5 ml. Another thing I noticed is that it takes a long time to wick. I draw on it 2 or 3 times, then have to wait for it or it tastes like I'm burning filler. Is that normal? How do you take them apart?

I don't know if this will help but there's a cutaway that shows where the syringe needle goes and some comments by reviewers that talk about refilling them.
http://www.cignot.com/product_p/ego-cto-alb.htm

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
This is getting ridiculous... It tastes burnt if not 100% full, give it maybe 10 puffs and poof... burnt taste. I open and poke it, still a good amount of juice, but unless I top it off it I get a burnt taste. It's just eating through liquid (2ml+ and it's not even 2pm yet), I've refilled it more than I ever did with normal ones...

And this is what is getting me... when it gets a burnt taste I'll it sit cart up, and most of the time it'll start leaking where the cart meets the atty (not atty/battery like I've seen overfilled ones do)... there is obviously plenty of liquid, but it's just not wicking...

Last edited:

skylar

Aug 17, 2010
Washington
Well, after some experimentation with both the mega atty with mega cart and the mega cartomizer they use quite a bit of juice. I thought this was normal until I read here again today. What I have found, mega cartomizer: When empty will hold 2.5 ml of juice when filled with a syringe as in photo link above by Dave. This will last several hours of vaping and the vape will have excellent th and vapor. After awhile it will taste off or burnt. At that point it will take between 1 to 1.5 mls of juice with the syringe method. It will leak out the bottom and is messy. I clean with a hairpin and papertowel wraped around it running it along the edges and then replace rubber cap on top and bottom and let it sit a while. So far the cartomizers last up to a week or longer (I fouled some up with yucky juice so I started over a week ago).

Mega atty with mega cart: The mega atty is really something compared to the regular atty. Looks well made. I can slow drip quite a bit (haven't measured) letting it sit when it is soggy and then drip some more. At first it vapes very wet. It lasts a long time, when it tastes burnt I will drip some more juice on the cart and am good to go for awhile again. Again, it seems to use a lot of juice.

It seems to me that both of these go through quite a bit of liquid but both have excellent th and vapor. They both last quite a while compared to the regular cart/atty. The carts are really convenient when traveling, I just have a few full and I am good to go. I find both systems too messy at first for the automatic ego battery so I always start on a manual and as it mellows will put it on an auto battery.

Unless someone knows a better system that will make the juice last longer I would say that for me that is the downfall. On the positive with the carts I can set up several at a time, place the rubber back on the top and bottom and be good to go. I use colored rubber bands to mark the newest ones and what juice is in them.

I am pretty knew at this but so far I like these the best. Any suggestions on using them would be appreciated!

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Skylar, are you referring to the mega atty and cart or the eGo atty and cart? Some are getting these confused and I just wanted to be sure.

I have used all three and like them all better than the standard 510 atty and cart. They aren't perfect yet but that's what happens with anything new. I find the eGo carto can't be vaped more than a few times without giving it time for the wicking to get caught up. I solve this by having a few PVs going with different flavors and don't let any get too hot. This solves the wicking problem and the problem with overheating the atty.

The eGo atty and cart tend to leak for me too. I love the TH and vapor from these but they do waste a lot of juice. For me it's not too much of a problem because I DIY and it's much cheaper.

When I'm at home I mostly drip now. :)

skylar

Aug 17, 2010
Washington
I am refering to the ego mega cartomizers and the ego mega atty and cart combo. I have both. I do the same thing, I always have two going at the same time and switch back and forth which works much better. It does seem that the mega cart/atty (separate pieces) do have to be topped off a lot. I also have to drip on the atty at times. The one unit cartomizer is messy but great on the go. I have not tried dripping yet but may have to go to plan B since I am really going through the liquid.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Yeah, the eGo atty/cart wicks better with less filler but then it leaks more. Hopefully we'll see an improvement to these in the near future because they are a promising solution when on the go.

I use an LR 510 atty and cheap delrin drip-tip at home. I plan on getting a better drip-tip because this one holds the juice if I don't fool with it after dripping. Isn't it fun being in the forefront of new technology. :D You should have been around when I first started! OMG we had so few choices and were happy to just not smoke. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've used the Ego with the 510 mega atty, the Ego mega type A cone atty, and now the Ego mega type B cylinder atty. I just got the cylinder atty this afternoon from Awesome Vapor. They are selling it for $12.00 which is a good price. It has the AV logo on it, but it looks nice.

This atty is working as advertised. I am on my second cart since it arrived. I was surprised to discover that it wicked really well. I had absolutely no dry vapes the entire first cart. So far, the second cart is vaping just fine. My cone atty had the problem everyone has talked about with poor wicking. The AV atty may fail tomorrow but so far it's working exactly as expected. I cut the filler lengthwise with scissors before the first fill. I cut about 1/4 width off the long edge. That was just enough to fill the cart when dry and seal out to the edges. I can fill the cart with about 15 drops, insert the filler, and put about 30 drops into the filler after that. I haven't tried packing it. Some talk about 60 drops. There's talk that overfilling causes leaks. I haven't had a leak at 45 drops.

AVAtomizer-1.jpg

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
My eGo atty/cart leaks only after sitting awhile even if I take it off the battery. It's making me nuts trying to figure out why. I'm not new to vaping so it isn't that. :) But darn if I can figure out why it does sometimes but not always.

I've tried everything I can think of from changing the filler to using more VG to putting it upside down and it still leaks. I have two and both are the same way. I find that it wicks quite well - better than other attys - and I never get the burnt taste. I do get the burnt taste with the eGo cartomizer if I vape too much and don't give it time to wick in between.

That IS a good price, Dave! I've been using mine hard for 2 months and they're still going strong. I haven't done anything as far as cleaning them - just wipe down the threads. I love the TH and vapor production we get on these, don't you? :)

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My eGo atty/cart leaks only after sitting awhile even if I take it off the battery. It's making me nuts trying to figure out why. I'm not new to vaping so it isn't that. :) But darn if I can figure out why it does sometimes but not always.

I've tried everything I can think of from changing the filler to using more VG to putting it upside down and it still leaks. I have two and both are the same way. I find that it wicks quite well - better than other attys - and I never get the burnt taste. I do get the burnt taste with the eGo cartomizer if I vape too much and don't give it time to wick in between.

That IS a good price, Dave! I've been using mine hard for 2 months and they're still going strong. I haven't done anything as far as cleaning them - just wipe down the threads. I love the TH and vapor production we get on these, don't you? :)

I paid $15 for my cone atty, so I jumped on the cylinder at that price. It is a Joye product.

I think everyone gets some "sweat"" buildup where the cart meets the atty bridge. I wipe it off when I refill. Occasionally I will suck up a drop and get it in the mouthpiece, but that's just here and there. Flooding can be a sign of leakage. I have found that I can clear a flood by vaping with the Ego level instead of cart up. If you do that and immediately pull the cart and look inside, you can see juice that has run out of the bowl and begun to soak into the webbing around the edges. There's always a chance of juice in the mouthpiece but I don't find that happening with the Ego mega atties like it did with the 510s.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
I'll have to check that out Dave, Janty is all out and I want at least 1 more spare atty...

@GoodDog, try the poly-blue foam method, I've left it sitting straight up all day without any leaks. Just take the standard fill, and put a square (enough so that it fills all the cracks) of blue foam on top (pushing down the poly). Doing that I get slightly better wicking, without any leaks. Can also get more of the fluid used, as I just press down the blue foam until I can see juice again, then pull it back up. Seems to help squeeze every drop of juice out of the poly.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
It's leaking when it sits for awhile not when I'm vaping. If I put it in a shot glass with a tissue under the atty the tissue will be saturated - I know, don't put a tissue under it. :p I don't believe it's anything I'm doing but rather a problem with some of these.

I didn't mean this thread to be about me and apologize. :oops: I just wanted to give my observations.

Thanks valsacar but I don't use blue foam... strictly a fluval type gal. :)

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
@DaveP I take it that you got the one they call Monster Atomizer for eGo? I can't order from work, but if that's it I'll grab one and some carts after work.

@GoodDog I haven't tried Fluval, but I heard it does leak a lot on the XLs, just like only blue foam did. It might work if you use fluval like I did the blue foam, as a "plug" on top of standard fill. The idea I was going with was the foam wicks better but leaks a lot due to the size of the opening. Standard poly doesn't leak much (or at all) but doesn't wick well... so I combined the two and so far it's the best I've found... next up is trying the ZFM.

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I went through ALL the cart mods back in the beginning and I won't go through that again. LOL If fluval doesn't work then it won't work for me and I'll stick with dripping. Blue foam is nasty IMO, but I do appreciate you trying to help. :) I like the way it vapes and wicks I just don't like having to take the cart off the atty in between vaping sessions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread