Weak TH/Vapour with eGo mega attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeTaco

Sep 3, 2010
Canada
I recently bought two ego mega attys from health cabin, to use with my 900mah ego battery. Cleaned them using isopropyl alcohol then boiled water to get the primer off. Now they've dried for several days, but I'm still experiencing very low throat hit, vapour, and flavour compared to using a 510 atty + drip tip, or even 510 cart. I've tried both mega carts and drip tip. It's vapable, but I find I have to take a long hard draw to get a satisfying vape, and even then it's not as good.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is this just what mega attys are like? Did I get two crap ones? I've cleaned my 510 attys with the same methods without destroying them so that shouldn't be the problem. Anyone else experienced this?

edit: I should mention that the first time I filled these attys I flooded the crap out of them. Could this have burned them out?

Last edited:

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
The flooding at the end of your post , should not have burnt them out. As a matter of fact, when you get new atty's, it's best to put a little more liq than normal to prime them and saturate them appropriately.

When i get a new one, I clean, put about 5 drops of liq, dry burn for 5 seconds, 5 drops of eliq , dry burn for 2 seconds, and then put 2-4 more drops directly on the atty again, and it's running normal. Maybe try that !

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
I think some of them just perform poorly for some odd reason. The first one I tried would drown with just 3 drops of liquid. It worked fairly decent with only 2 drops but still not even as good as my 510 atty. I got another one out blew out the primer then added 3 drops and first hit I had a big cloud of vapor. It tasted slightly of primer still so I added 2 more drops and after a couple more hits it tasted good. Now I'm dripping it with 4-5 drops at a time and it's working how I hoped a eGo Mega-Cylinder atty would. If I exhale the vapor kinda slowly all I can see is a big wall of thick vapor for a couple seconds. I don't know what was up with the first one but this second one rocks! :) :vapor:

PS- Also using a eGo 900mah like the OP.

Last edited:

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
all i use is mega eGo cylindrical atomizers...and have never had a problem with them.....i never clean them, just blow them out. i have bought from Breezesmokes, Cignot, litecigusa. the only one that died on me was one that i tried to clean in boiling water just to experiment. since then, i never ever clean them. the other half a dozen i have all have worked for 6 months

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Yeah I'm the same way. It seems the less you care about atties the longer they last. The ones that clean them daily end up having them die out after a week.

I have a nine months old atty 510 that still kicks like a mule

all i use is mega eGo cylindrical atomizers...and have never had a problem with them.....i never clean them, just blow them out. i have bought from Breezesmokes, Cignot, litecigusa. the only one that died on me was one that i tried to clean in boiling water just to experiment. since then, i never ever clean them. the other half a dozen i have all have worked for 6 months

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread