eGo questions about using adapters for KR808 & 901 cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. Nick

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Southern Arizona
Without damaging the eGo 650mAh battery or frying the cartos is it possible to use a 510 to KR808-1 or 510 to 901 adapter and use those cartomizers instead of the 510 or eGo cartos? I obtained as a gift an eGo with 510 cartos that use a syringe and leak everywhere if you lay it down from someone fed up with it who switched to a KR808-1 with extended 280 or so mAh batteries. I realize that Nhaler and others sell cartos for eGo's that have filler in them (for about $12-13 for 5ea plus shipping) but I have plenty of KR808-1 and 901 cartos with filler in them that I drip to fill very easily and can lay flat without leakage. Can the cartos or the eGo battery with an adapter on it handle each other, or is this not recommended? I don't know the ohm of the 808 or 901 cartos. Also, he have me a USB charger for the eGo, but I have a good KR808-1 wall adapter charger that I would rather use than plugging the eGo into the computer. Is this safe, or will it just take longer to charge the eGo like some people say? No problem if I have to go buy a wall charger for it if I have to. Thanks.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
madvapes sells them:

510 to 901/808-D Adapter

I use them, and they work fine. For 510 cartos, I use almost exclusively Boge LR soft-tips. About $8 for 5, and I use a drip tip with them. These are the filler-type, and I think they are about as good as it gets, although any carto will leak if over filled or if juice gets into the center air hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread