Status
Not open for further replies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
OK. I just spent 10 minutes searchin for Rocket Puppy's RY4 recipe and no luck. Wanna help me out? I said I wasn't gonna make any more juice but you guys have got me interested. :)

5% ........Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.5%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vienna Cream
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Caramel

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
5% ........Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.5%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vienna Cream
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Caramel

Thanks. I have all that except Double RY4 and Vienna Cream. I have Bavarian Cream. I think I have TFA RY4. I'll have to order some Double, I have meant to do that before. Once you diy it's hard to quit:) I love AP

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
"The girls" were out on the town last night :) Megan, my daughter, reported that her device was getting passed around. Everyone was liking it, especially with Rocketpuppy's RY4 in it, and wanting to use it instead of going outside to smoke. I must have 5 or 6 of her friends now vaping. I don't mind though, since it is a very positive development and I make that RY4 by the 250 ml bottle for her now :D

Sounds like some of my own "girls nites out", yooper. :)

I'm an RY4 fan as well, and spent a good amount of t & m (time and money) polishing up that fondness. I was beyond THRILLED when NLV came out with not only an RY4, but a fabulous RY4. (NLV4ya) I don't DIY anymore so it's wonderful for me to have found one I can just "add to cart"!

And boy do I add to cart. :facepalm:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Rocketpuppy's RY4 is one of my favorites! I always have some made up in a bottle...

Really?

I'm an RY4 fan as well, and spent a good amount of t & m (time and money) polishing up that fondness. I was beyond THRILLED when NLV came out with not only an RY4, but a fabulous RY4. (NLV4ya) I don't DIY anymore so it's wonderful for me to have found one I can just "add to cart"!

OK, talk to me, my friends. I'm always on the lookout for a good RY4. Nope, I'm not a fan--most of them are too dark, too sweet, too tobacco-y or too perfumy, but I have to have at least one on hand. RY4 is the flavor that helped me quit and the only eliquid that always kills my cigarette cravings.

So, how are those two? Dark? Syrupy? Heavy? Coil cloggers?

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Both VapeNW and Vape Royalty have posted that they will receive their shipments of the new 50W on Feb 9th, and pre-orders should be shipping to customers at the beginning of the week! Eciggity expect theirs by the 13th.

my second blue iStick 30W has shipped from Evape.us -- yes, it seems to have been the last one they had in stock. I'll report if this later batch still has button rattle or not; others have posted that the button rattle has vanished from later releases... we should know by Thursday :)

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA
Both VapeNW and Vape Royalty have posted that they will receive their shipments of the new 50W on Feb 9th, and pre-orders should be shipping to customers at the beginning of the week! Eciggity expect theirs by the 13th.

my second blue iStick 30W has shipped from Evape.us -- yes, it seems to have been the last one they had in stock. I'll report if this later batch still has button rattle or not; others have posted that the button rattle has vanished from later releases... we should know by Thursday :)

The pink one I got from evape.us a few days ago has no rattle. :vapor:

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada

TWA-B.png

Clicked on it didn't ya

Last edited:

gigetto

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Italy
On the iStick 20 & 30W (I don't have a 50W... yet), the USB port functions perfectly fine as venting in case of battery failure.

As for Lithium-Polymer (Li-Po) vs. Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) batteries...

For the way we use batteries, the Li-Po batteries in the iSticks are far superior to cylindrical Li-Ion batteries. Li-Po batteries outperform in almost every way, have almost twice the number of charging cycles before noticeable degradation and cost us less. Li-Po batteries, if pushed to failure, can vent slightly more powerfully than Li-Ion batteries that have a hard shell enclosure. I have never heard nor read of a Li-Po battery venting in a PV. RC (remote-control vehicle) users abuse the batteries greatly and have shown us what venting looks like. If you're looking for anecdotal evidence, take a look at Innokin's MVP series. All four versions of the MVP have come with internal Li-Po batteries with no reported battery failures to date.

Good luck!

In my 20w the battery is underperforming great well, i've had it from october, it degrade very fast under an half of the charge indicator, in that fragments of use it decrease in performance evidently.
I use it at 8w with a nautilus mini........

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I got my iStick 30W! Aspire Nautilus tank filled with G2 caRnY4 6mg.

I LOVE my Nauty's (on my 20W and 30W iSticks)!!!

When I refill them I always turn the AFC "OFF" (ie. between holes) to prevent flooding (although that may be just "magical thinking").

But after refill and screwing back onto the iStick I have to rotate the AFC a couple times (and have some light available) to find the opening I had had it set at.

Has anyone figured out a way to "mark" one of the holes on the AFC ring. Then...I'd be able to just turn it to where I had had it (eg. one hole larger/smaller than the "mark").

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
In my 20w the battery is underperforming great well, i've had it from october, it degrade very fast under an half of the charge indicator, in that fragments of use it decrease in performance evidently.

I charge mine nightly, while I sleep. Typical use is that it barely dips below the halfway mark. I learned from my MVP days never to drain it completely, since it never seems to hold a charge well after that (drains quicker). Just personal experience.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA

Let me preface this post by pointing out the obvious: the batteries in the iSticks are made in China. If you read the forums here, you'll see all the warning about Chinese-made batteries. You may, indeed, have a bad battery.

Try vaping your iStick until it won't fire any longer. Turn it off. Plug it in overnight. This doesn't do much to the battery. But it can help recalibrate the chipset on the iStick.

Good luck!

ETA: Almost all 3.7V rechargeable batteries lose their charge noticeably faster below 3.7V than above.

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab

That's like my Dodge 3500. I get about 380 miles on the first half of my fuel tank but only about 200 on the second half. But it runs just as good on the second half. :)

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Really?

OK, talk to me, my friends. I'm always on the lookout for a good RY4. Nope, I'm not a fan--most of them are too dark, too sweet, too tobacco-y or too perfumy, but I have to have at least one on hand. RY4 is the flavor that helped me quit and the only eliquid that always kills my cigarette cravings.

So, how are those two? Dark? Syrupy? Heavy? Coil cloggers?

Rocketpuppy's is not that dark or sweet. "Syrupy" and "heavy" would make me think more of a PG/VG ratio. I've not noticed it being especially rough on the coils. But I only rebuild nowadays. It has a pretty well-rounded profile; more of a bakery-type than a strong tobacco-type. :vapor:

I have a sensitivity to PG. NLV only makes PG-heavy e-liquid (65%). I can only do 35% PG max. So I'm of little help with NLVya4.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Being quite in tune with NLV, perhaps I can be?

NLV4ya is a mid-colored liquid. One would expect an RY4 by its nature to be a bit dark, or darker, but this one remains in the lovely reddish-gold glow from start to finish. Syrupy? I'm struggling with that one, too. If you mean some form of "thick", then no, it is not. Perhaps I lucked out that I have no sensitivities to PG, so for me most all liquids shine at a 65/35 percentage. It's just enuf VG to keep things <clouds?> interesting, and just enuf PG to carry the full flavors. Heavy? Again, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Full flavored vs. light flavored? Coil clogger it is not. Again, that surprises me as normally darker flavors such as caramel and vanilla don't play nicely with coils. I find there's just the slightest reduction in time that my coils shine brightly when I'm using this particular NLV flavor, but it's minimal.

Highly recommend it. Highly. :) (with the knowledge that t buds are subjective) ;)

View attachment 410505

Clicked on it didn't ya

You've just gotta stop with those cameras pointing into my window, shackness. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread