Status
Not open for further replies.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Got the 30 watt IStick rather on impulse today. Was going to wait for 50 watt...but...ya know. I don't even use my iStick 20 watts anymore....not for any particular reason besides the fact I use tanks like the Subtank and Delta II and drip a lot so I use higher wattage.

30 watt & Subtank Nano seem like the new "instant classic" combo that the iStick 20 watt/nautilus mini were when they were first discovered as a good match. I'm loving the size as I'm getting flavor, vapor, and power like I would try to get from my first 30 watt Hana and whatever build I tried to do on my first IGO-L LOL. Just plug & play. Also really happy to be able to advise people they can now safely run those sub ohm prebuilt coils on a device that doesn't cost $100.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Anyone else with the 30W still experiencing the phantom click that some noticed on the 20? Every once in awhile, I'll push the button and nothing happens.

Not a big deal, it's probably once every 50 clicks or so. Just curious if anyone else noticed.

Yes, Mapultz. My iStick 30W, now three days in my possession with four or five hours vape time, has phantom clicked twice in those three days, about the same frequency as my iStick 20s. On the Aggravation Richter Scale, it hardly registers for me, thank goodness. I notice when a phantom click occurs, but I'm not bent out of shape by it.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
My silicone case arrived today. I paid the $7.50 or whatever on ebay, but I have no regrets. As stated above though....2 bucks is the more reasonable price. But here are some pictures. I freaking love this thing. I've been a big jwrap advocate, as they've served me well for all of my isticks, but this just feels slightly more right.

It makes it solid and adds just that extra padding that I wanted- and fits like a glove. Super tight, but in a good way. Basically, it's a good quality phone case for your stick. It also 100% eliminated the button rattle; which was pretty bad on my new 30w. The material is also much softer than I expected, but it's great.....except for the one downside. It's a lint magnet, which doesn't bother me much yet, but you'll see it in the pictures. Totally worth it in every way unless that bugs you.

Note, it's really hard to get good pictures, since I got the black case for my black stick. But in short, I highly recommend getting one.

IMG_20150128_115239809.jpg IMG_20150128_204415376.jpg
IMG_20150128_204456019.jpg IMG_20150128_204505874.jpg

Last edited:

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
South Jawja, United States
My silicone case arrived today. I paid the $7.50 or whatever on ebay, but I have no regrets. As stated above though....2 bucks is the more reasonable price. But here are some pictures. I freaking love this thing. I've been a big jwrap advocate, as they've served me well for all of my isticks, but this just feels slightly more right.

It makes it solid and adds just that extra padding that I wanted- and fits like a glove. Super tight, but in a good way. Basically, it's a good quality phone case for your stick. It also 100% eliminated the button rattle; which was pretty bad on my new 30w. The material is also much softer than I expected, but it's great.....except for the one downside. It's a lint magnet, which doesn't bother me much yet, but you'll see it in the pictures. Totally worth it in every way unless that bugs you.

Note, it's really hard to get good pictures, since I got the black case for my black stick. But in short, I highly recommend getting one.

View attachment 407550 View attachment 407551
View attachment 407552 View attachment 407555

That is nice looking.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador

That does look really nice....do you know who the actual manufacturer is?

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I just looked at the eleaf website, but they don't say.

I got it from "cloudfactor10" on ebay. It's now $7.93 w/free shipping. The user has 100% positive ratings with over a thousand ratings....which I always find suspect, but I ordered it late at night a few nights ago, and got an email that it shipped the next morning. Lightning fast turnaround for anyone willing to pay the extra few bucks.

The link that someone posted above doesn't have black in stock. (update- neither do they....looks like black is out of stock on ebay too, doh)

Sun Valley

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2014
United States
Anyone else with the 30W still experiencing the phantom click that some noticed on the 20? Every once in awhile, I'll push the button and nothing happens.

Not a big deal, it's probably once every 50 clicks or so. Just curious if anyone else noticed.
It has happened a few times but my evods did the same occasionally. It's not enough to even worry me.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I have a friend who wishes to quit smoking. I am pushing him to get an Istick 30. Which is the best "plug and play" tank for this 30 watt device with replaceable coils? He knows nothing about rebuildables and I just want to point him in the right direction here.

Is there a seller who sells the Istick 30, a good tank {with the replacement coils} and the silicone cover so he can get it all from one place? Thanks in advance!

{I am clueless regarding these new, ready to go sub-ohm tank systems} :facepalm: :)

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA

Yeah mine does it, doesn't seem quite as often as the 20, but it happens.

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose

yup... kinda glad I'm not the only one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread