Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
That Ego One battery is not a VV or VW device, just direct, no thanks not for me.
And really, an 1100mAh with a 0.5 ohm coil... Just be sure to bring your charger with you everywhere! :D

Only 45 quid ($69?) . You could afford to buy 3 or 4 to carry while you're out. :laugh:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I was kinda kidding about the rattle. It's just that there has been so much "rattle talk" in this thread, thought I'd let everyone know that this case took care of rattles too. I'll be on the lookout for my rattles to return, tho. ;)

I have 2 20W-iSticks with NO button rattle.

I had read about the button rattle with the 30W-iStick but had forgotten about it by the time I got mine.

I heard NO rattle for the first 2-3 days of using it. Then I ran across the "button rattle discussion" again...put it up to my ear...shook it...and whadayaknow...all 3 buttons do rattle!!! :shock:

Go figure...

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
A tale of 2 isticks...

So this past weekend, on the same day and not even an hour apart, I ordered a iStick 30W in blue from evape.us and a pre-order for the istick 50W (black) from VapeNW. Paid for shipping on both. The 50W was regular First Class shipping coming from Washington state, the 30W 2 Day Priority shipping out of Pennsylvania. I'm basically in the middle in Illinois.

The 50W is Out for Delivery, while the 30W is tracked at just arriving at the local post office. Of course, tracking scanning has been hit or miss and sporadic since Christmas time, missing key hubs. So, the question is: will my 30W actually arrive with my 50W today, or do I have to wait another day???

Either way, it's VAPEMAIL and I am excited :) :banana::w00t::pop:

Restofmylife

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2015
Chicago burbs
Well I'm disappointed once again. I Have 3 Istick 30w's. One was replaced because of bad threads (couldn't even turn any of my tanks even one full turn before being stuck). Now, on to the second one (from different vendor) the fire button is stuck down. It was less than 3 weeks old. It's being returned and replaced. Now I wait to see what happens to the third one (fingers crossed).

Funny, my four 20w's have been perfect, not even a button rattle.

Anyone here heard of the button sticking on the 30's. I found someone on reddit and they said to try dabbing rubbing alcohol on button. Didn't work.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
so i bought 4 isticks (1 in each color, 3 were gifts to coworkers to get them off the stinky's) when they first came out....none of the 4 had the rattle.....tuesday night I was helping out at another store and one of the guys that works there had an istick and boy did that thing rattle and it wasn't just the buttons...i held the buttons with my finger and it was rattling inside.....but he didn't really care so it's all good....but I don't think he had the 20w his was just a tad bit bigger than mine....but it didn't say 30w on it....

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I wonder who the first person was who thought, "I'm gonna shake the crap outta this thing and see what happens".

My 30 needs no shaking, just pick it up, and put it to your lips, reminds me of those little beans with the bugs in them:p They still sell them? LOL!

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
You like postin this little battery don't ya? Do you work for Joyetech? You must be overjoyteched that you found it! :) I see you are posting about the Lamborghini of box mods now. Have you seen the thread Itty Bitty Box Mods? Maybe it might be more successful to post your ad there. That's where people might search for something like that. :laugh:

Don't work for joytech, people were talking about gs tank, and I was just letting them know about it.
Unfortunately, the whole device was reviewed so i couldn't just post video without it.

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Don't work for joytech, people were talking about gs tank, and I was just letting them know about it.
Unfortunately, the whole device was reviewed so i couldn't just post video without it.

No need to apologize. :) And you didn't have to edit your posts. Feel free to post what you like, I ain't the OP :)

Last edited:

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Well I'm disappointed once again. I Have 3 Istick 30w's. One was replaced because of bad threads (couldn't even turn any of my tanks even one full turn before being stuck). Now, on to the second one (from different vendor) the fire button is stuck down. It was less than 3 weeks old. It's being returned and replaced. Now I wait to see what happens to the third one (fingers crossed).

Funny, my four 20w's have been perfect, not even a button rattle.

Anyone here heard of the button sticking on the 30's. I found someone on reddit and they said to try dabbing rubbing alcohol on button. Didn't work.

I believe this is the first report of a stuck fire button on the 30W. Sorry to hear you're having problems. Except for the occasional bad threads when new, the iStick 30W has been pretty trouble free.

I don't consider button rattle "trouble" but a trait. It adds character...

Good luck with the replacements!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Okay.

I received both of my iSticks today! That's the good news.

First, the bad news: USPS ate my istick 30W envelope and chewed up the USB cord. :(:glare: Not that I needed another USB cord, but the envelope had been stuck in a machine and then taped up with a green Sticker letting me know it was damaged :ohmy: Luckily the iStick and complimentary eliquid was unharmed.

The 50W was all nice looking until I took a closer inspection. One of the top cap's hex screws wasn't fully in place from the factory so there was a slight gap between the chromed top and the black body. Didn't have an allen key the exact size, but the smallest jewelers screwdriver eventually fit close enough and with a bit of torque on my part, I was able to secure it.

Since these are the first (or second as the case may be, since the first ones apparently had bad threads) batches from the factories, INSPECT YOUR MOD. Otherwise -- oooh, it's nice.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Okay -- Part 2 :p

The 50W is heavier than the 30W, but lighter than the MVP or IPV Mini. Just feels nice. Fits perfectly in the palm of my hand, and the wider side button is a firm and steady click. No button rattle.

And there was no noticeable rattle on the latest 30W either. No thread issues on either.

Looking forward to giving it a full days workout tomorrow at the job. Aside from the production glitch with the hex screw, it's worth the $50. Really liking the firm CLICK of a press of the wider button. I was contemplating an IPV Mini 2, just because I liked the button on the standard one, but now with the iStick 50W, that point is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread