Eluma carts & Blu Batts? -- From a Vaping Newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

memnoch

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Ohio
Hi, I'm new to vaping (have only tried a few friend's a few times) and wanted to make the switch. I'm currently a 1-2(2.5 sometimes) pack a day smoker. I decided I wanted to quit after my mother got lung cancer and really want to since she's passed.

I did a lot of reading on the stuff before finally ordering, this is what's up. I read that the Blu Cig gear is compatible with Eluma. After reading around, Blu seemed mostly good, with mixed reviews (as all will have). Eluma's carts are cheaper (probably due to them not being cartos) and a better flavor selection. The page saying the two are compatible is probably older as I've since read that Blu is now a 2 piece batt+carto style system, whereas Eluma is still 3 piece.

Unfortunately I didn't discover the Blu switchover until after ordering a kit from them and flavor packs from Eluma. I haven't received anything yet, though they've shipped. I was wondering how much effort it would be to get the eluma carts working w/ the blu batt. From what I've read, blu is 510 compat, eluma is 902, so they both work. I assume this means I just need a 902 or 510 compatible atomizer to plug in between the flavor carts and the battery?

After even more reading, I was wondering if the Blu should even be bothered with. The kit was pretty expensive compared to others. Even the 510 Mega kits are cheaper. If I do decide to send it back for a refund (after your guy's input), and decide on a different 510, I'd like to know for sure that the Eluma carts can be used?

Next question (please forgive my ignorance, being a newb to all this), with the 510 mega batteries, whether I attach a cartomizer, or atomizer + cart shouldn't make a lick of difference, as far as the battery is concerned, is that correct? So long as they fit together properly?

Thanks for the patience everyone!

memnoch

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Ohio
I've decided to return the blu system (already shipped, which kind of sucks, but oh well) and go for a Riva. The longer battery life is most appealing. Now I'm reading about the tank systems and figuring out if I should get one of those or not, I really want to avoid it leaking and don't want to have to refill constantly (such as when I'm out at a club, at a friend's place, etc...).

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Re Riva - I recommend a normal Riva 510 from Liberty-Flights (BTW - forum mods want your real location in your profile). .com is the US shop, .co.uk is the UK shop. I recommend using Boge cartomizers with it and a drip tip too for use with the standard stomizers. Then if you want to try tanks buy one Ego tank atty and Ego tanks.

And note - don't charge any slim 510-threaded batteries on the Riva charger (can damage them, and in your case might even melt them since some 510 clones are reverse polarity). And don't use LR cartomizers or atomizers on slim batteries.

memnoch

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Ohio
Re Riva - I recommend a normal Riva 510 from Liberty-Flights (BTW - forum mods want your real location in your profile). .com is the US shop, .co.uk is the UK shop. I recommend using Boge cartomizers with it and a drip tip too for use with the standard stomizers. Then if you want to try tanks buy one Ego tank atty and Ego tanks.

And note - don't charge any slim 510-threaded batteries on the Riva charger (can damage them, and in your case might even melt them since some 510 clones are reverse polarity). And don't use LR cartomizers or atomizers on slim batteries.

Thanks for the info (i updated my location to be more specific, didn't know they cared that much). I ended up getting a kit from hoosierecigsupply, it's the "KGO 1100 mAh 2 battery kit by SLB" $45, pretty decent batteries from the research I've been doing. Boge has consistently come up as really good for attys and i guess cartomizers too (great for both, yeah?).

I won't have any slim batteries to screw up that way, thanks, lol. I may pick up a more analogue looking one for driving, don't want to get pulled over and have to waste the time explaining to the cop it's not a portable water .... or anything like that =P

I like the ideas of both atty + cart and cartomizers, do you know if the Type B tank system has cartos available? Or is it ONLY the atty + cart tip that I've seen so far?

thanks again for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread