Evercool Mod vs Madvapes vv Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moletheus

Oct 23, 2011
Charlotte, NC
There is not much I can say about this that hasn't already been said in the original evercool mod post except, thank you ecf for all of this knowledge you have given me. I have built many mods, half being variable voltage. I have been using madvapes vv rev 1 and 2 linear regulator for all of them until now. I was having to change my 14500 battery's twice a day. Now, with the PTR08100W chip I get 2 or 3 days out of 2 14500's! Thank you thank you thank you.

I noticed people were saying the
PTR08100W chip was expensive? When you compare madvapes vv mod vs the evercool mod, there is only maybe a $15 difference total. If you are looking for a variable voltage mod that wont burn up your battery's, and possibly your pocket, go for the evercool mod. That is unless you are wanting to go above 5.5 volts. Which is unnecessary in my opinion...

One main difference I have noticed is that the Madvapes vv linear regulator had absolutely no voltage delay when fired on any mod i built with them, whereas the evercool circuit takes about a second to reach your set voltage. Unless you dont use the capacitors. Which I haven't tried yet.. Overall this is not a problem to me, I have no issues holding down the button a little longer.

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

left - madvapes vv, right - evercool mod

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread