Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Hi all

I'm drooling for an evic supreme for like two weeks now. Besides the price, one thing that has stopped me buying it is the mod's size. I'm a mini and nano lover.

My current setup is a sigelei SS mini coupled with an aerotank mini. I 'm very happy with the setup but all those gimmicks on the evic supreme just make me drool over it (I'm an IT guy).

I' ve seen several normal evic with 18350 tubes and they look great. However I never saw an actual pic with a evic supreme in 18350 mode.

Anybody out there that would mind to share a pic or two of an evic supreme with a 18350 tube?

I do want to get the SS version but anything will do :)

BTW, can someone enlighten me about the evic's shutdown voltage? Is it programmable or fixed? I like my sigelei because it only shuts down at 3.0v

Thanks
Tony

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Hi!

Did you look at the Joyetech site? Joyetech Support

It sez: length 139 mm - that has to be for 18650 mode. So just take 30 mm off that measurement for 18350 and...

FWIW: By comparison the original eVic is 125 mm with an 18650 tube.

Yeah but numbers are one thing... seeing a real life pic with somebody holding one is another :) All I have to compare is my mini zmax that has 100mm overall with a18350 batt. So an evic should be 9mm taller... hmm... ok... but what about aesthetics? That full big black head doesn't turn me on particularly. The normal evic looks nice and still proportional in 18350 but what about the supreme?

the trouble with the idea of an 18350 eVic supreme is the 18350 batteries themselves.

None of the available batteries have high enough of an amp rating to be of use to you.

Using your device with 18350 batteries is going to be going beyond the max continuous amps of the available batteries.

Yes, I know that but I'm using 1.3Ohm coils at 10W which should be something like 3.6V at 2.77A and thats well inside the 18350 capabilities I think. Note that I didn't buy the supreme for the 30W capability although its nice to have it should I one day want to try out a sub ohm build (but I will obviously use it in 18650 mode then).

Regards
Tony

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The trouble with the idea of an 18350 eVic supreme is the 18350 batteries themselves.

None of the available batteries have high enough of an amp rating to be of use to you.

Using your device with 18350 batteries is going to be going beyond the max continuous amps of the available batteries.

Well yeah. But that's assuming that everyone wants to drive the Supreme's output to max levels. Some people don't actually do that or want that.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The trouble with the idea of an 18350 eVic supreme is the 18350 batteries themselves.

That is a ridiculous statement.
It would completely depend on intended use.
I have 18350 Batteries with 10.5 Amp limit and never get close to maxing them in my applications.
I have 2 original eVics and have had one in 18350 mode and in use Daily for almost 18 months. :)

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
Well yeah. But that's assuming that everyone wants to drive the Supreme's output to max levels. Some people don't actually do that or want that.
I get it but... welll, I guess I dont get it.

No way I would carry an evic supreme for 10 watts and the crappy battery life while enjoying the big screen vape stats and all of that...

I guess I wont understand.

I do use my regular evic in 18350 mode. Well, when it comes out of the closet which isnt often anymore.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi!

Yeah but numbers are one thing... seeing a real life pic with somebody holding one is another :) All I have to compare is my mini zmax that has 100mm overall with a18350 batt. So an evic should be 9mm taller... hmm... ok... but what about aesthetics? That full big black head doesn't turn me on particularly. The normal evic looks nice and still proportional in 18350 but what about the supreme?

My concern isn't so much the aesthetics. What I am wondering about is if it's gong to feel top heavy in either mode the way a VAMO does. The longer display design pushes the fire button further down the body - same as on a VAMO. In 18350 mode that only makes the problem on a VAMO worse, not better.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
That is a ridiculous statement.
It would completely depend on intended use.
I have 18350 Batteries with 10.5 Amp limit and never get close to maxing them in my applications.
I have 2 original eVics and have had one in 18350 mode and in use Daily for almost 18 months. :)
I agree that an original evic works in 18350 mode.

I dont agree that a evic supreme wont be maxing out an 18350 firing @ 30w, especially when that battery is close to depleted.

But, since I dont have an evic supreme, dont plan on using one with 18350's and have absolutely no dog in this fight, I will not worry about it a bit!

Last edited:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Anumber 1: each one with his preferences. For now, I see no need for 30w. I would have gotten the original evic but after reading one or the other issue with it and being the evic supreme an "update", I thought that it would be the logical choice. Besides, some other mods, like my mini zMax, are limited to 2.5 amps so even if you choose 10w, at 1.3 Ohms that's 2.77 amps so you're not getting those 10w. I suppose the evic S will be more accurate.
I already said it once but will repeat myself, I have no intention running it at 30w, specially not in 18350 mode.

David : there are some cheap ones on ebay but you get what you pay for. They are aluminium ones.

Rick: that would be disappointing although I 'm planning in only using a kf nano and/or an aerotank mini on it so they shouldn't be that heavy. The Siam mod tubes are full SS and generally considered pretty heavy compared to standart tubes. Maybe I' ll get lucky. I will weight the tubes when I get them and report back.

Regards
Tony

Last edited:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Wheelie: yeah... Heard something like that too... On my zMax mini, a 18350 will last me between 3 and 6 hours depending on my state of mind but I never used more than 4 Batts per day. Sure it would be easier to have a 2600 batt in it but I 'm willingly sacrificing battery life to compact size. I never thought it would be an issue and a cause for debate. Just want to keep things small, what's wrong with that?

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
I hear the Supreme is a real battery killer. That made me stroke it off the wanted list.
That it is, I got is preorder and went in search of "WHY" I go through batteries so quick.... 4+ changes a day. Turns out mine wasn't broken, but that this has a "heart beat" that's constantly draining the battery. Didn't think of it at the time, but makes sense... has a memory being powered constantly for time, date, RVV and RVW. Things to stay away from in future purchases I guess.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Rick: that would be disappointing although I 'm planning in only using a kf nano and/or an aerotank mini on it so they shouldn't be that heavy. The Siam mod tubes are full SS and generally considered pretty heavy compared to standart tubes. Maybe I' ll get lucky. I will weight the tubes when I get them and report back.

Regards
Tony

This is going to be something that only getting it in your hands will will tell you. (Us - lol) It's certainly not an issue with the original eVic. It's just that having owned a VAMO and comparing that to other APV's including the eVic, it's something I at least look at when I see a tube APV design. I certainly hope it isn't the case but this is a new design and the length of the new display makes me wonder if the weight distribution in context of the button placement is going to be ergonomically uncomfortable.

I have a first generation eVic - the one that doesn't have the added screws on the base of the 510 connector. I bought it used so it's been through two owners - never had a problem with it. I like the Supreme, but as long as my original eVic keeps working it will be a pass for me on the Supreme.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
If I had an evic, I wouldn't buy the Supreme I think but having none of them... The latter wins. About the heart beat... That shouldn't be an issue. Those settings should be stored in flash ram so no need to using up energy the whole time. An easy test would be putting a fully charged batt in it and not touching it for a day or so and check the capacity / voltage after a day.
If the screen consumption is an issue, one can disable stuff like screen saver, use 2.1 version, automatic shutdown of the unit after 1 minute and maybe activate stealth mode... With all this, I see no reason for it to kill Batts unless it's due to design.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If I had an evic, I wouldn't buy the Supreme I think but having none of them... The latter wins. About the heart beat... That shouldn't be an issue. Those settings should be stored in flash ram so no need to using up energy the whole time. An easy test would be putting a fully charged batt in it and not touching it for a day or so and check the capacity / voltage after a day.
If the screen consumption is an issue, one can disable stuff like screen saver, use 2.1 version, automatic shutdown of the unit after 1 minute and maybe activate stealth mode... With all this, I see no reason for it to kill Batts unless it's due to design.

You know you can just turn it off. There's no point in keeping it in standby mode for long periods of time - like overnight - when it won't be in use.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
here's my original eVic with Siam mods 18350 tube ... 41,000 puffs :cool:

the quality of the tube kit is top notch ... threads are like butter.

eVicSiamMods.jpg eVicProvari.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread