Not open for further replies.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
son, that there exhaustion is just a result of the pure unadulterated excitement you had by falling into the big, wide world of vape!! yessirree bob, so many things to choose from: tanks, batteries, juices. the endless possibilities can plum tucker you out if'n you're not careful. now you pick yourself up out of them doldrums an get back on that horse and vape! vape i say! vape until the cows come home!

and tell 'em Craybee sent ya.
Ha -- I was thinking that very thing! :lol:

wink_82

Mar 27, 2014
United States
30ml in a day?! I barely vape 10ml a week! I started on 24mg, and noticed being tired, spacey, and just kinda out of it. I couldnt really attribute it to either the vaping, or quitting cigs. Now that Im one month cig free, Im starting to feel better. Tired from time to time but I think its just from working hard. As weird as it may sound the only real negative difference I notice is bad gas lol. Which I've read happens when quitting smoking and its not just my renewed sense of smell!

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I collapsed on the ice playing hockey. Managed to get home against my teams advice and woke up 17 hours later with hospital or an ambulance choice from the wife. Collapsed from dehydration but Doctors have me doing every test known to mankind now. Vaped a 24mg 30ml of Rootbeer in a little over a day. But the Rootbeer was sooooooooooooo gggoooooddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

FFS! 30ml of 24mg would put me in a vap coma! :lol:
I am at 6mg and maybe, maybe 10ml a day. And thats a heavy day!

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
30ml in a day?! I barely vape 10ml a week! I started on 24mg, and noticed being tired, spacey, and just kinda out of it. I couldnt really attribute it to either the vaping, or quitting cigs. Now that Im one month cig free, Im starting to feel better. Tired from time to time but I think its just from working hard. As weird as it may sound the only real negative difference I notice is bad gas lol. Which I've read happens when quitting smoking and its not just my renewed sense of smell!

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Well Wink I drip dual coils soooo, they suck juice. Ya can hear the sucking sounds even! lol

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I've noticed I've been falling asleep earlier since quitting. Might also have something to do with the fact that I cut out my usual giant soda at lunchtime, too (somehow, pepsi and cigarettes really went well together for me...). I'm fine during the day, though--a little distracted by researching my next vape purchase--but after dinner, sitting on the couch, that's when I start to crash...

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
You guys are the best! I'm going to up my water and give it a few days if nothing changes I'll head to the Dr vaping all the way!

I now drink atleast 2 750ml of water a day. Fill my pop bottles up with my fridge and one on dresser with my vape gear, one on coffee table and one in my truck. Keep them all full everyday.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I was thinking what both of you wrote. If it continues much longer I will see a Dr.
Definitely not going back to analogs regardless!

Yes! See a doctor by all means and...slow down that may be your problem. I mean when I first started with eGos and those suckie dual coil cartos I was vaping 24mg also, but nowhere near 30mls. Yep, take it easy and then if the tired felling persists, see that Dr.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I've noticed I've been falling asleep earlier since quitting. Might also have something to do with the fact that I cut out my usual giant soda at lunchtime, too (somehow, pepsi and cigarettes really went well together for me...). I'm fine during the day, though--a little distracted by researching my next vape purchase--but after dinner, sitting on the couch, that's when I start to crash...
CountB -- For me it was coffee and cigs. I rarely even drink coffee now. Huum just thought of that. I use to drink a pot a morning now maybe 1 cup.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
What lvl nicotine are you vaping? some people experience depression after quitting nicotine.

24mg I have dealt with depression my entire life but I'm not having much of that right now just the exhaustion.

It's not just about nicotine. It is known that smoking processed tobacco even releases small about of MAOI's (antidepressants) that contribute to the vicious cycle of craving/addiction with smoking. This is also a big reason why people diagnosed with depression or those who have a tendency toward depression find it much harder to quit smoking.

This isn't a problem for everyone who quits smoking, but some people can slump into a depressed funk when they quit smoking while their brain has to adjust to that chronic fix of MAOI's it is no longer receiving. Unless it feels like a serious episode of depression that needs medical support "the blues" that can kick in after quitting will fade in a matter of weeks to a few months. Jacking up your nicotine level won't help.

Last edited:

jamie0516

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
United States
Yes! See a doctor by all means and...slow down that may be your problem. I mean when I first started with eGos and those suckie dual coil cartos I was vaping 24mg also, but nowhere near 30mls. Yep, take it easy and then if the tired felling persists, see that Dr.
I usually vape about 5-7 mls/day

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
Ive written earlier on this subject and at this point cant find my earlier posts on it. I feel the need to blog it for quick reference when it comes up again.. Dehydration can be a big culprit in the feeling of exhaustion.. According to the Propylene Glycol Association PG will metabolize in the body as Lactic Acid and is removed from the body through excretion.... (Urination) and if your not hydrated enough the less one urinates.. Lactic acid is produced by the body through exercise and exertion of muscles which gives you the muscle soreness often associated with a workout. If you have always prided yourself on keeping hydrated, then you have to re-evaluate your thinking.. Liquid intake before vaping should be at least doubled, especially if you chained smoked and are now chain vaping to curb your tobacco urge. In addition VG is a humectant and can either add moisture topically or remove moisture from already moist surfaces.

Vaping is so much safer and healthier than smoking... and Hydration is good vaping or not.. But if you Vape you must Hydrate... and if you think you hydrate enough, hydrate some more.

To speak to the original post.. I had ridiculous energy when I quit smoking and started vaping... to the point of driving my family fitness crazy.. I attribute most of that to being able to breathe again and not get winded walking a few feet. I enjoyed doing things I couldnt do for years because of cigarettes. When I discovered more effiecient e-cigs is when I started experiencing muscle soreness and exhaustion and researched extensively and found when I made a conscientious effort to hydrate, that those symptoms went away... Good Luck an Congratulations on a Smoke Free Life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread