Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
All in all I am entering my 4th week with $215 spent. I THINK I finally have a system I am comfortable with and I haven't touched a stinkie since day one. Never even thought about touching one. Considering how much the stinkies would have cost me I really don't think I am doing all THAT badly.

I'm 16 days in and at a little over $600 total spent (equipment and juice) and am still looking at upgrading again to a VV (Provari seems to be the best choice so far) and an RBA (aga-t ???) but I think I better lock up my credit card for now (unless some one wants to donate to my hobby :p)

potmilkz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southern California
damn you guys think this is a expensive hobby? try getting into cars... a set of decent tires would set you back way more then this.

i do however see people go overboard on splurging.. came across this guy that spend nearly $1000 on just 1 set up.. seems kinda ridiculous to me.. but i guess its a lifestyle

gbacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Henderson, NV
damn you guys think this is a expensive hobby? try getting into cars... a set of decent tires would set you back way more then this.

i do however see people go overboard on splurging.. came across this guy that spend nearly $1000 on just 1 set up.. seems kinda ridiculous to me.. but i guess its a lifestyle

1000? wow. I am just trying to save up to get a Provari I could never imagine spending that much .

omgpwny

Apr 22, 2013
Texas, USA
etsy.com
I refuse to spend too much money on my e-cigs. I'll buy something, try it out for a month or two, then look for something else if I don't like it. The way I look at it, I don't care what everyone else is using. If I am getting what I need from what I have, awesome! If not, then I need to look elsewhere. I don't need it to be super pretty, tricked-out, or make other people stop and stare and get jealous. I just need it to serve its purpose for me. :) If other people want to spend hundreds of dollars (or more) on it, then that's great for them. If a $40 battery and a handful of $7 carts make me happy, then that's all I need.

Of course, I also hate shopping for pretty much anything. I'm probably one of very few women who would prefer to send their fiancee out to do the shopping than have to do any of it. (Luckily, he doesn't mind!)

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
Seems like everyone in SoCal loves splurging on new toys. Plus there are like 10+ vaping shops within a 15-20 mile radius from me, so it gets very tempting seeing new stuff come in all the time.
I agree. Spent a lot and ended up with three provaris, a vamo, a k100. I just ordered a Zenesis. That will be all I buy hardware wise, for a while. I too am in So Cal and the mech mod craziness among the vape heads is incredible. Easy to get caught up.
i'm glad/sad i don't live closer to ya'll LOL
on the other hand....vape shopping is as close as the closest internet connected device LOL

I'm 16 days in and at a little over $600 total spent (equipment and juice) and am still looking at upgrading again to a VV (Provari seems to be the best choice so far) and an RBA (aga-t ???) but I think I better lock up my credit card for now (unless some one wants to donate to my hobby :p)

dakota i feel so much better now! i am only a day behind you and have spent $300ish.
I have imprisoned my purchasing power...unfortunately i know where and i have the key LOL

JHorning

Apr 19, 2013
O.C. CA
Buying mods online is cheaper. But for me buying juice is the biggest expense. I don't like buying juice before I get to taste it. In so cal the shops seems to stay local with the juice, which is cool cause they got great juice, but it's expensive. I like trying some of the east coast brands because you get 2x the juice for 1/2 the price, and it's good juice too. I've spent over $500 on juice, and only $300 on mods. Xbox is a hobby, and this is spending xbox money.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
If you buy a provari it's probably going to be your last mod. It's that awesome. So go ahead and knock that out lol.

LOL! I am SO glad I went with a cheap Vamo instead of a Provari!!! Because now I'm getting into mech mods with RBA/RDAs on the top of them at right around 1 ohm. A Provari would be collecting the same amount of dust on my desk as my Vamo is, I'm sure ;)

I stopped counting when last months receipts added up to just over $600. I think my banner says I've saved over $200 so far from cigarettes I haven't smoked and my wife's vaping isn't reflected in that yet. I'm probably close to $1000 now, if I count everything I have, everything she has, and even some stuff that I pretty much gave away to friends just to help them make the switch too.

And I have like a liter of ejuice, 400+ feet of kanthal in various gauges, over 100 feet of silica, and enough 400 and 500 ss mesh to make a new wick every single day for at least a year ;) I don't think I'm quite done shopping yet but I think I'm over the top of the "initial investment" mountain and I'm covered for vaping for at least a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread