Experience with Hcigar copper nemesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey guys, I've recently fallen in love with copper mechanicals because of their noticable voltage drop, and to me good looks. It may just be the connections on my JDTech copper stingray, but oh my lordy it hits hard enough to tell a difference, I can see the difference on larger coils lighting up as well (switching the same coil to a cheap clone or something). Anyway I was going to pull the trigger on an atomixani nemesis, but I've heard that the copper Hcigar clone has a better voltage drop! And that it's a pretty buttery replica as well, I checked the reviews on the fasttech copper nemesis and they weren't that hot so I made up my mind to try the Hcigar out. I really wish atomixani did a copper version :(, I'm trying to keep away from clones if I can. Apparently this bad boy is 99.9% pure copper, got silver plated pins, floating 510 connecor, and adjustable magnetic switch, and a cool "pin guide" that doesn't use the annoying one sided (losable) tiny pin method, it's in the shape of a star so all sides slide evenly, the whole shabangbang! It'll cure my shiny-itis as well, it looks purdy. :p
View attachment 323110
Just wondering if anyone at ECF has tried this puppy out? Good, bad? Mediocre?

-I've handled an atomixani nemesis at a local vape shop, and it was pretty awesome, one of those mods that just does what it's supposed to without any hiccups, was pretty impressed.

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
H cigar has had issues with variations in the colors from tube to tube, and spots and marks and such. 101 reduced theirs a while back, and fasttech has had similar issues. (Same batch?).

Haven't heard any complaints on how it actually functions, but the list of features you posted is different than what comes on other Nemesis, so yours has likely been modified. (floating pin and magnetic switch already installed.)

Last edited:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
H cigar has had issues with variations in the colors from tube to tube, and spots and marks and such. 101 reduced theirs a while back, and fasttech has had similar issues. (Same batch?).

Haven't heard any complaints on how it actually functions, but the list of features you posted is different than what comes on other Nemesis, so yours has likely been modified. (floating pin and magnetic switch already installed.)
Yeah I'm crossing my fingers to get one as consistent as all the pics on google, that's my guess too is they probably got a huge shipment of below par copper. And fasttech is just stainless steel plated in copper, someone scratched one to find out, so that's a combo breaker for me. I'm betting that since they are a high reviewed clone for quite some time now, (some actually like it better than the real nemesis because of the voltage drop, and they are pretty much identical in quality, so they say) and not exactly cheap, they have their method down and won't send me one with leprosy lol.

-Yeah they had the magnetic switch as an option that I chose with purchase, apparently they'll install it for you so it's not just throwing magnets in. And the adjustable pin I don't know, maybe that's new or something, but I got it from a valid vendor, so I'm not complaining! I'll take all the upgrades they can throw at me! :D I plan on buffing mine like I did the stingray, and throwing some polyurethan coating on it so it stays mint, and looking like a new penny. My stingray looks like it's fresh out of the box, it came with a coat of varnish that's still there.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I am "generally" against clones but I do own a few. I have the Copper Nemesis. Matter of fact I have 2 of them. Both have color variations between the tubes. This does polish out if you have a buffing wheel. It would take forever by hand.

It does need to be polished frequently if you do not want the patina. IMO it is worse than brass, brass will stay shiny for a few days of handling. Copper starts to patina immediately.

The top cap is all copper, copper is soft. This mod is not going to last you long if it is a daily driver for a vaper that removes the atty frequently. IMO get your RDA, stick it on and do not remove it unless you have to.

If Atomixani releases a copper fullsize nemi these two will be on the classifieds. :)

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I have a brass ehpro nemesis, the tubes are different colors but that's because I bought it used and the previous owner didn't use the 650 tube, I do. It's got almost no voltage drop but it's kinda ugly, I'd rather have it that way, I'm pretty happy with it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I am "generally" against clones but I do own a few. I have the Copper Nemesis. Matter of fact I have 2 of them. Both have color variations between the tubes. This does polish out if you have a buffing wheel. It would take forever by hand.

It does need to be polished frequently if you do not want the patina. IMO it is worse than brass, brass will stay shiny for a few days of handling. Copper starts to patina immediately.

The top cap is all copper, copper is soft. This mod is not going to last you long if it is a daily driver for a vaper that removes the atty frequently. IMO get your RDA, stick it on and do not remove it unless you have to.

If Atomixani releases a copper fullsize nemi these two will be on the classifieds. :)
Throw some polyurethane on those bad boys, no more issues :D. My stingray has a coating on it from the factory (I think it's poly.), and it still looks new, it also makes it look shinier like it's laminated in an invisible layer of glass.

-What it does is prevent oxygen from effing up your outer layer and rusting it.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I'm using my HCigar copper Neme-clone right now. Tubes are all exactly the same color, is patina(ing) nicely, just like my brass FT clone.

Works to perfection after switching to magnets and polishing the post with Flitz!

Very cool, haven't hear of flitz. I think I'll grab some before I coat it in polyurethan, I do think patina looks great but I'll do that to a less expensive one. Maybe the FastTech version one day. (you can patina it in ammonia btw if you want it fast, it looks really cool, and unique every time you do it too).

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I have a brass ehpro nemesis, the tubes are different colors but that's because I bought it used and the previous owner didn't use the 650 tube, I do. It's got almost no voltage drop but it's kinda ugly, I'd rather have it that way, I'm pretty happy with it.

One word, polyurethane. (And someone else in this thread mentioned flitz polish, takes the patina right off apparently)

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Do you just brush on clear polyurethane on the mod? Spray paint it? Dip it? What about the threads and conductivity? I really want to get a copper Nemesis clone but my hands react pretty strongly with brass, I'd hate to see what they do with pure copper. I assume that this would work on the brass Nemesis I own?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Do you just brush on clear polyurethane on the mod? Spray paint it? Dip it? What about the threads and conductivity? I really want to get a copper Nemesis clone but my hands react pretty strongly with brass, I'd hate to see what they do with pure copper. I assume that this would work on the brass Nemesis I own?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

You can buy polyurethane in spray cans from homedepot or lowes. I prefer the patina so I am not using it.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Can you spray it over a particular patina? Will it keep it as is, locking the patina on.. Did anyone have any experience with different chemical dipping to cause different colored patinas, I wanna do one, haven't decided what color yet, but I in wondering if the seal you speak of would work?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Can you spray it over a particular patina? Will it keep it as is, locking the patina on.. Did anyone have any experience with different chemical dipping to cause different colored patinas, I wanna do one, haven't decided what color yet, but I in wondering if the seal you speak of would work?

You can seal in patina.

I don't know if I would use polyurethane because it makes the patina look shiny. You can tell it's coated in something. I think I would rather use permalac because you can control the shine better, and it's actually made specifically to protect metals such as copper. It's what is most commonly used in the jewelry industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread