Extremely Frustrated - Keep Getting Gross ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithvi

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Tell me about it, I've bought a gallon of VG, and PG, nicotine, prolly 30+ different flavors and using suggestions from here, spent money on a sonic cleaner/vibrator from harbor freight to help with the steeping process and I can't honestly say I've made a bottle of juice that really satisfies me.

I have also spent nearly $100 on Juice Flavors/ Nico/PG/VG to mix at home and have not been able to make anything I like. I refuse to buy more! I will eventually mix something tasty.............. I hope.

I must say I like the "Ejuice me up" program for mixing.

jpark3r

May 26, 2014
Michigan
I've tried a bunch of different ones so far...2 places I've really like are Mt Baker Vapor and Mister E Liquid.

MBV Hawk Sauce - Tastes almost like a blue raspberry jolly rancher with a hint of menthol.

MEL Pure Michigan - Strawberry and apple mix, tastes awesome and my all day vape right now.

MEL Banana Nut Bread - tastes like the name implies and goes well with my morning coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
I got so sick and tired of trying disgusting juice after juice and rewicking and washing out atty's that I just went with 24mg 100% VG juice that I mix down with 10-20% PG. Unflavored yet the VG has a certain sweetness to it. The only flavor that I do still enjoy is menthol. Went to the drug store and asked the pharmacist for menthol crystals. Dissolve them into some PG and I'm happy.

6 weeks into no analogues and I do find my taste buds are all over the place. Ejuice that other people really like, I just can't stand. In fact there is one that is really popular that is suppose to taste like vanilla custard, I call that one Baby Puke.

Twicehorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Dallas
Here's my thought on it. If you have to order online, stick to very simple flavors: peppermint, wintergreen, menthol, clove, cinnamon, single fruits like orange, blueberry, lemon, etc. There are some wild blends out there that have only a small chance of actually being to your taste. Anything peppermint, for example, is probably going to taste mostly like peppermint.

But when the name is "Sex in Space" how the hell are you going to know what that may be like. Even something as simple as vanilla can be problematic. Can make it taste like Adams Extract (somewhat artificial) or more like Mexican or Madagascar (more natural) vanillas. Banana can be the same way: consider whether you like the taste of real bananas as well as the artificial flavor in most candies. If you like one but not the other, dont order a banana flavor untasted.

Tobacco flavors are problematic, because cigarettes haven't tasted like tobacco for 30 plus years. Youre going to get something that tastes like a cigar or pipe or even chew. Which is fine, but may not be what you're expecting.

I basically wont buy even a 15 ml of anything that isn't a single-ingredient, simple name without trying it first. I like several MBV flavors, a couple of which really surprised me (mostly Thug Juice, but also BlueBacco and Cheesecake) that I got as 15 ml samples along with my simple flavor orders.

Last edited:

KDCart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Louisville, KY, USA
I've tried a bunch of different ones so far...2 places I've really like are Mt Baker Vapor and Mister E Liquid.

MBV Hawk Sauce - Tastes almost like a blue raspberry jolly rancher with a hint of menthol.

MEL Pure Michigan - Strawberry and apple mix, tastes awesome and my all day vape right now.

MEL Banana Nut Bread - tastes like the name implies and goes well with my morning coffee.

Wow. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone try to describe the flavor of Hawk Sauce. That's a very good description. The taste is really odd, in a very good way. Subtle fruitiness, with just a HINT of menthol, as if they just waved the menthol over it a bit, without actually putting it in. I can vape this stuff FOREVER!!! Definitely give it a try.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Wow. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone try to describe the flavor of Hawk Sauce.

Funny, I finally tried it after almost 2 years into vaping. The sour notes in there just totally turned me off, and the menthol wasn't a menthol taste that I acutally liked....there are different tastes to menthols and this one wasn't good for me.

Maybe Thug Juice would be better?

I think I might like hawk sauce if I could put my own minty flavor in there, but that particular sour note of the fruit, along with that particular menthol was just a no-go for me. I liked it for about 5 minutes, then it literally became sickening.

Twicehorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Dallas
I haven't had hawk sauce but I do like thug juice. Thug juice is mildly tart fruity (not pucker tart) on inhale and pretty menthol-y on the exhale. I find, to my surprise, that I like the juxtaposition. Honestly, I am afraid to actually pay for hawk sauce because of my fear of non-descriptive names. I'll probably wind up getting a sample and like it.

jpark3r

May 26, 2014
Michigan
Wow. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone try to describe the flavor of Hawk Sauce. That's a very good description. The taste is really odd, in a very good way. Subtle fruitiness, with just a HINT of menthol, as if they just waved the menthol over it a bit, without actually putting it in. I can vape this stuff FOREVER!!! Definitely give it a try.

Hah, yeah it was definitely an odd one try to describe...overall it's growing on me as it steeps some, but still can't find anything better than MEL's Pure Michigan so far.

weenerdog3443

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2014
md
Happens to me all the time. I'll be in the store try a flavor get home and it Just don't taste the same. A few of the stores I've been to usually keep a box of random bottles and if I take back a bottle I don't like or whatever they'll usually hook me up with another bottle. Don't give up tho there's tons of juice out there

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Zphinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Lauderdale FL, USA
had the same thing at the beginning, I was looking for a replacement for my "Red & White" analog box smokes. That did never happen and I almost went back to those, as e-juice never kicked in.

Then one day a co-worker came to me and introduced me to the variable mod + Kayfun setup... I asked, what juice are you using with that, and he told me that he was using a "Cheap" one from V4L called WoW-Boy. I tried it and it was not really what I was looking for, but then I found the Nonbacco-OASIS from V4L which made my switch from Analogs to e-Smokes a positive thing.

Now having that said, after a while it was kind of dull and I got bored of the Oasis taste. I had a bit of green apple from V4L and mixed it, man let me tell you what a change.... even my wife loved it.

After a couple of weeks I ventured into my local vape store, and after reading a lot about Mother's milk from Suicide Bunny, I have to say that its Amazing... the only negative thing about it, it ruins and gunks up my coil real quick, but for the rest its almost an ADV.

Further venturing into flavors, the same local vape store in my area got me into Drake's Vape's Vanilla Trifecta... my second to go for Vanilla Flavors etc.

Now when I see I am running low or if the sweet taste just is too much for me during an evening vaping, I mix in a little Oasis into it.

Same goes for vaping the Nobacco Oasis and I grave for some sweetness, I have found an awesome combo with Oasis Nobacco (V4L) and adding a bit from "The Vapor Chef's" Bloody Mango into it... the mix is amazing.

in short, let it steep a bit, if it still sucks, try to mix it, and if not don't give up, sooner then later you will step into a vape store and find exactly what you looking for... a short warning, finding what you like might not always be the "Cheap" stuff or economic e-juice.... be warned.

amolson

Verified Member
Jun 9, 2014
Reno, NV, USA
At this point, I've tried quite a few and haven't even gotten the ones I'm trying by email. Heh. Well, hopefully they'll be good, but so far after running to all the vape stores within my driving range. (All 3 of them, but what can I say, I'm no longer in the big city.) My big thing is non-sweet. I smoke latakia heavy tobaccos in a pipe, love a good single malt, and adore ultra dark chocolate, even unsweetened if it's high enough quality.

But, well, the first store I went to only had EC and I was pretty unimpressed. I did find a 'non-sweet' fire and ice acceptable. Once I remembered to actually inhale, gave a really solid throat kick. That was more like it, but nothing to really write home about. It did do the job though of taking the place of the feel of analogs pretty well.

Then I tripped over Namber juice. Oh, if you like English and European tobaccos, nummy. I was having a blast playing, "Name that cigarette." ;) Many of their flavors actually taste like various high end cigs. Although one reminded me VERY strongly of Lucky Strikes, right down to the toasty notes on top.

Here's the gotcha though, they didn't push the 'This feels like a smoke' button. The fire and ice did. Hmmmm. I'm thinking that the cinnamon, menthol, clove bite might actually do the trick for people who have a hard time converting over to vaping. Might want to try it .

It's also a way to enjoy clove/menthol without ripping your lungs apart. I find this a plus, since I like those flavors, but in analogs they're even more deadly than tobacco. Especially clove. I'm thinking that's going to be my next lower end juice, just because I do like clove analogs, but never got into smoking them because they're so unhealthy.

tl;dr ejuice with a lot of cinnamon/clove/menthol gives a more analog like feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread