Finally tried a new juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikomas89

Feb 9, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Since I started vaping over a year ago, ive been exclusively vaping Moshi eliquids. But it was getting kind of pricey at $20 + tax for a 30ml bottle.. So I decided To try a new juice. It tasted great in the tester, which is rare, so I figured it would taste even better in my subtank. Well I was wrong. It's supposed to be a vanilla custard with a hint of caramel. All I taste is custard. Plain old custard. And only on the exhale. It's really kind of bland.
I've tried different tanks, different coils, different watts.. Etc..Any tips on how to sweeten it up or bring some more flavor out of it without having to get more juice?

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Since I started vaping over a year ago, ive been exclusively vaping Moshi eliquids. But it was getting kind of pricey at $20 + tax for a 30ml bottle.. So I decided To try a new juice. It tasted great in the tester, which is rare, so I figured it would taste even better in my subtank. Well I was wrong. It's supposed to be a vanilla custard with a hint of caramel. All I taste is custard. Plain old custard. And only on the exhale. It's really kind of bland.
I've tried different tanks, different coils, different watts.. Etc..Any tips on how to sweeten it up or bring some more flavor out of it without having to get more juice?

I'm not familiar with that specific juice, but let it sit for a week. Most custard flavors require a bit of steep time regardless of how "premium" they may be. In the meantime, buy a juice that you know you love, and by the time that one is gone, then it may have developed nicely. You can also try filling a small bowl with warm water and let it sit for about an hour, the heat from the water will help the flavoring used render into the VG/PG faster than letting it steep.

Hope this helps :p

Nikomas89

Feb 9, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give it a try.
I might have to go buy another bottle of my Moshi, it's expensive but good.
Not to many choices where I am (small town in Canada), only two vape shops. One sells exclusively premium and the other has a few premium and some less expensive juices.
The custard one is made by Darkside Creations. It's just... Weird. Lol.
I guess this is what I get for trying new things.

Reactions: Liskrig

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
DSV's custards are really hit and miss. I'm assuming it's G-money you're using. Sometimes that's really great and sometimes all I taste is pepper for some ....ing reason. If you like fruit, try BC blast by DSV. One of the best juices out there. Better than any fruit Moshi has. Pretty much every juice they have is good minus the weird custards. And they're all weird custards lol.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Buying a new juice and getting excited about it and then getting home and it tasting nothing like it did in the shop is the exact kind of luck that follows me around.

I'm getting outraged just thinking about it and i'm not even the one dealing with it , like others said Custards are very rarely great immediately .

Some steep for many months actually.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I mixed my custard with some vanilla which was too strong and it's not bad. It's vapetasia killer kustard that I just bought today to thicken up those high pg flavours I have that I find too strong like coffee and chocolate. I wanted to increase the VG, and mute the flavours a bit.

Be very careful messing around with premixed juice that you just bought lol, i can't tell you how many i have completely ruined because it changes so much after letting it sit around for awhile .

It might be very strong at first but after a few weeks it's like a completely difference juice.

olds97_lss

Feb 15, 2016
Dekalb, IL
I had a couple bottles of grape go bad on me. When I first got it, it was like vaping grape cool-ade, which I liked. So, I ordered 4 more bottles of it to get me through the month. By the time I got to the third bottle (3 weeks later), it tasted like potpourri, actual flowers. Imagine eating a tulip or a rose. It was an awful taste to get in your mouth. Gave me indigestion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread