FINALLY was able to post my first DIY orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
I'll post my grocery list and you can tell me how bad I did lol. I got such a small amount of nicotine because I'm only going to be making 3mg and 0mg mixes, and I'm thinking that once the nicotine is gone I won't buy anymore.

Nude Nicotine:
1 - 1L PG/VG base(70% VG)*
1 - 500mL vegatable glycerin**
1 - 50mL 100mg nic(PG)***
1 - 30mL 10% sucralose(PG)
1 - 30mL 10% ethyl maltol(PG)
2 - 10 pack 14g needles
2 - 10 pack 18g needles
12 - 1mL syringes
4 - 5mL syringes
2 - 10mL syringes
2 - 10 pack pipettes
2 - 15mL conical vial
1 - 50mL conical vial
1 - 250mL glass amber bottle*
3 - 120mL glass amber bottle
5 - 60mL glass amber bottle
4 - 15mL glass vial***
4 - 15ml glass dropper bottle
2 - 30mL glass dropper bottle
1 - box(200) nitrile gloves
1 - 5 pack 5mL flavorings
  • Melon Madness
  • Very Berry
  • Ooples & Boonoonoos
  • Strawberry Banana Smoothie
  • Peaches and Cream
*250mL of the PG/VG base is going into the amber bottle for immediate use, the rest is being stored
**120mL of straight VG, same as above
***Nicotine is being separated into the 4 15mL bottles.

Bull City Vapor:
10mL flavorings(1 each)
  • TFA Blueberry (Extra)
  • TFA Chai Tea
  • TFA French Vanilla
  • TFA Mango
  • TFA Pear
  • TFA Pineapple
  • TFA Spearmint
  • TFA Strawberry
  • FW Orange
30mL flavorings(1 each)
  • TFA Koolada
  • FW Menthol
2 - 30mL amber PET bottle w/ glass dripper top
4 - 30mL plastic dropper bottle

Total came to about $145, I have enough to make 1.5L of juice(in theory, assuming I did all my calculations correctly), and I bought a ridiculous amount of lab gear so I shouldn't have to buy more for a good while as long as I properly clean my stuff after each use.

Thought, opinions, suggestions or criticisms?

Last edited:

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Excellent. i see others posting their first order and they included like 200 flavors and not much of lab paraphernalia. You have thought it well, and it seems that you included only a few flavors (that I suppose are flavors you like). With time you will buy many more flavors, as you find new recipes that you'd like to try, but for starters it is-wow!-a very nice order.

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
Thanks, good to know that I wasn't thinking too hard about this lol.

The final list was version 5 or 6 haha, I originally had even more lab gear but then I realized I should probably be at least a little more frugal. A few of the flavors I REALLY wanted were out of stock, so I kinda switched it up a little to try to clone a few "premium" juices I like. I also had to make some changes after I got my Subtank Mini once I realized that my lungs can't handle the intense menthol I was originally planning on going for with the volume of vapor this tank puts out.

So aside from Bull City Vapors and Wizard Labs, are there any other stores I should know about that carry TFA at really good prices? I love BCV's prices but they don't have the full line of TFA flavors like WL does. Both of these stores were out of stock of at least some of what I wanted though :(

Imme

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
St. Petersburg, Fl. USA
I'll post my grocery list and you can tell me how bad I did lol. I got such a small amount of nicotine because I'm only going to be making 3mg and 0mg mixes, and I'm thinking that once the nicotine is gone I won't buy anymore.

Nude Nicotine:
1 - 1L PG/VG base(70% VG)*
1 - 500mL vegatable glycerin**
1 - 50mL 100mg nic(PG)***
1 - 30mL 10% sucralose(PG)
1 - 30mL 10% ethyl maltol(PG)
2 - 10 pack 14g needles
2 - 10 pack 18g needles
12 - 1mL syringes
4 - 5mL syringes
2 - 10mL syringes
2 - 10 pack pipettes
2 - 15mL conical vial
1 - 50mL conical vial
1 - 250mL glass amber bottle*
3 - 120mL glass amber bottle
5 - 60mL glass amber bottle
4 - 15mL glass vial***
4 - 15ml glass dropper bottle
2 - 30mL glass dropper bottle
1 - box(200) nitrile gloves
1 - 5 pack 5mL flavorings
  • Melon Madness
  • Very Berry
  • Ooples & Boonoonoos
  • Strawberry Banana Smoothie
  • Peaches and Cream
*250mL of the PG/VG base is going into the amber bottle for immediate use, the rest is being stored
**120mL of straight VG, same as above
***Nicotine is being separated into the 4 15mL bottles.

Bull City Vapor:
10mL flavorings(1 each)
  • TFA Blueberry (Extra)
  • TFA Chai Tea
  • TFA French Vanilla
  • TFA Mango
  • TFA Pear
  • TFA Pineapple
  • TFA Spearmint
  • TFA Strawberry
  • FW Orange
30mL flavorings(1 each)
  • TFA Koolada
  • FW Menthol
2 - 30mL amber PET bottle w/ glass dripper top
4 - 30mL plastic dropper bottle

Total came to about $145, I have enough to make 1.5L of juice(in theory, assuming I did all my calculations correctly), and I bought a ridiculous amount of lab gear so I shouldn't have to buy more for a good while as long as I properly clean my stuff after each use.

Thought, opinions, suggestions or criticisms?

Nice list! I went crazy with flavors when I first started DIY. I had something like 6 flavors I won in a kit but it wasn't enough and the next thing I knew I had around 50 flavors. Lol. Those tiny bottles for a buck 15 cents makes it hard. :p

Anyway, I copied your list to use as reference for when I get low on items I use. The only thing I don't have are the conical
viles. Would you mind telling me why you bought those instead of something else to mix in?
I bought some plastic cylinders (wish they were glass) and I often just use baby jars for small batches or large jars for anything else.

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy! :)

ps: sorry for the quotes. Dang ECF keeps logging me out and the only option I know to use is, "reply with quote" as "reply" only is not an option when not signed in. If I don't do that I end up at the home page and can never find my way back again. :confused:

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
YOu could've bypassed all the syringes and pipettes bro.

1. digital scale...quick , exact.
2. Beaker / and a Funnel
3. nothing more !

Honestly, that sounds really, really boring lol. I went the volume instead of weight route because it just seems like a lot of fun and more involving.

Anyway, I copied your list to use as reference for when I get low on items I use. The only thing I don't have are the conical
viles. Would you mind telling me why you bought those instead of something else to mix in?
I bought some plastic cylinders (wish they were glass) and I often just use baby jars for small batches or large jars for anything else.

I actually bought those mainly to use to measure, not to actually mix in. Nude Nicotine doesn't have any flasks or beakers or I would have grabbed one or two of those too, and Bull City only had really cheap plastic ones that I really didn't like. One thing I like about the conical vials though is that they have a cap, so if I did decide to mix in it I can just put the cap on, shake it, then transfer it to the storage container(s). Most of my mixing will be done in the bottles I bought.

If Wizard Labs has what I want in stock when I go to place my next flavoring order I'm probably going to grab a graduated cylinder and a flask.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
...........So aside from Bull City Vapors and Wizard Labs, are there any other stores I should know about that carry TFA at really good prices? I love BCV's prices but they don't have the full line of TFA flavors like WL does. Both of these stores were out of stock of at least some of what I wanted though :(

Once you get some experience and know how much you'll use, the bigger bottles direct from TFA might be your best option. Poke around in the TFA thread some and see if you'd like to try some of the high percent recipes there. They may not be for you but you never know until you try.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
YOu could've bypassed all the syringes and pipettes bro.

1. digital scale...quick , exact.
2. Beaker / and a Funnel
3. nothing more !

should get this forget the syringes and pipettes.
Amazon.com: ONE - My Weigh Triton T3 660g x 0.1g Digital Scale w/Rubber Case - TOUGH!: Digital Kitchen Scales: Kitchen & Dining

and this
Magnetic Stir Plate for Yeast Starter Better Than The Others Lifetime Warranty | eBay

will mix your juice up nice....and quick no steeping.

I like the idea of the digital scale. How would you use it to make precise measurements with different ingredients?

The stir-plate would also be a nice gadget to have around.

I don’t care if it's boring, I just want quick good tasting juice :)

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
Once you get some experience and know how much you'll use, the bigger bottles direct from TFA might be your best option. Poke around in the TFA thread some and see if you'd like to try some of the high percent recipes there. They may not be for you but you never know until you try.

I'm already registered for wholesale quantities on their website too ;)

Got a couple FW flavors, if I like them I'm going to give them a shot too, they've got a decent selection as well. So far from what I've seen, nobody has as many flavors as TFA though.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
Honestly, that sounds really, really boring lol. I went the volume instead of weight route because it just seems like a lot of fun and more involving.

Not sure what bores you, was just trying to help.....why would you want to be more involved anyway?
This ain't rocket science bro.

froginblender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
hollywood, Fl.
I'm sorry, I thought this was my thread and my project. Didn't realize I needed to give a reason why I want to do things a certain way or why I want to have fun in the process.

Thanks for hijacking my thread and being condescending though.

lol dog....good luck...won't post again

Was not condescending, was trying to help and you said it bored you.
I took that as a negative response.

I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread