Status
Not open for further replies.

lebeatnik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
San Diego, California
Background of issue
Well previously I had purchased pre hand punched boge cartos from VVV. Now I have a smoktech glass tank (needed a glass tank and could not afford a decent one yet) it has no tolerance for any deformation of the carto so none of my hand punched cartos would work so I purchased some factory punched cartos, smoktek.

Meat of issue
Now this is my issue. IMO SmokTek cartos dont last long for me. IDK if you all get the same results as i but my smoktek cartos tend to last 3-7 days, my usage is one tank a day so i dont chain vape so i could see someone vaping 2 tanks a day may only get 4-5 days at best?

Now i know juice is a factor but my old boge cartos would last me a week to 3 weeks. So i think you know what i am getting at i am not bashing SmokTek cartos it could just be me.

Long Winded Question
Anyway this is what i need some info on.
Can anyone tell me possibly what pre punched (factory drilled non deformed) cartomizers i should try. I want to next try the boge pre-punched cartos hoping the only difference is the holes and i believe they have a flange. On the Flange issue it dosent matter if it does or doesn't have one. As soon as I can i plan on getting a couple nice tanks from IBTanked they got good prices IMO. You can also suggest me a good Carto tank too if you like. I dont want to bother with any tank thats not glass as i dont want to worry about which liquid i use in what. Also i need the xl or the long size to fit the tank.

Question as short as I think possible
What brands of cartomizers have pre-punched models, which brand do you prefer, and if you can tell me where to get them.
I prefer single coil with 2 holes my prefered juice is 30/70 pg/vg, with what i have tried 3 holes are too much 2 works fine have yet to try one hole (i dont think it would wick enough with one hole).
Must be xl size in length basically long enough to fit the glass/metal Smoktek tank.

Thank YOU

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I haven't tried the Smoktech pyrex tanks. I have 12 pyrex IBTanks, so I'm set on tanks for a while. :laugh:

I have a strong preference for the Ikenvape mega (45mm length) in either the 510 Fusion or Platinum versions, both standard resistance. They have two laser-drilled holes. I find that they last longer and produce better flavor than the Smoktech 3.0 ohm single coils (my backup cartos). I've never been a fan of Boge carts - just personal preference.

The Ikenvape "punched" carts can be difficult to land; they are available only off and on due to the manufacturer in China not being willing to supply Isaac (owner of Ikenvape) the quantity that he can sell. You can be placed on the "notify me" email list, but do not delay ordering once they are available - they have been known to sell out in 24 hours.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

lebeatnik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
San Diego, California
Thanks baditude your always around to give good advice. not the "Forget all that go get a Provari" guys out their LOL

(This is a 2 part post First following the OP and Second being my opinion and experience with the SmokTek Pyrex tanks, no review just opinion. so now you know what part not to read)

Part One
I will definitely be looking for some Ikenvape cartos although in the meantime (i appreciate the list I used it to source most of the cartos i have now) Like you said all the punched carton on Ikenvape are sold out, although which ones exactly are the ones i want of course 510 and probably LR, so the ones i would want to get are the: (top being most desirable?)
510 Mega Fusion LR Punch!
IKV 510 Platinum Punch! Cartomizer LR V2

One thing is you said SR I have Always used LR 2Ohm (even right now) maybe ill try a SR but can you convince me to change or is it just your preference i never really tried SR cartos but I have tried Dual coil Cartos at 2.5Ohm being two 0.75Ohm coils I believe? I would like to stock up if they are good enough (i have also NEVER seen them in stock before either, the Fusion carts)

I appreciate your help.

Anyone else have any suggestions???

Part Two
Now my opinion on the SmokTek tanks (PAIN IN THE A**) if you have a flanged carto due to the design and how TIGHT they are it took me about 10 min to get my carto in right to fir the bottom cutout, I was sdo happy when i got it in right it was then I realized that I had only primed my carto and the tank was empty :facepalm: so I did my best to not twist the tank to reinsert the carto after filling the tank and I missed I ended up having to put it on an ego so i could see to spin the tank until it was aligned then i got it and put it on my preferred PV. So filling these (you get what you pay for lol) $10 tanks are $10 tanks although i have has $3 tanks that were better.

Except they were made with polycarbonate so unknown to me my liquid was a tank cracker and well the tank broke (although it worked in a vivi nova, but i HATE those they never wick right for me) this liquid broke a DCT tank which i thought was polypropylene and would not crack so IDK what is up with Pear from MBV is all i can think of is it must have some maltic acid, just weird pear was a stronger tank cracker than ecto or cinnamon juices :?:)

Sorry for long post. Anyway ill be getting tanked soon from IBTanked AFAIK for less thank $40 shipped you wont get a better glass tank, maybe Vally Vapes but Sadly the owner has had problems and as I will probably get one from him Ill be ordering from IB first.

Last edited:

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
if you can get them, the Ikenvape Platinum Punch 510 and Mega Platinum have 2 nice, big holes. Unfortunately, they sell out as fast as they get them in stock. Also, electronicstix has the Boge cartos with holes about the same size. Look for single pre drilled cartos on their site, and you'll find them. Both are great. They are my main suppliers. I really love the bigger holes (sounds wrong, right?). There are a few other places that have them with the larger holes, but those are the only 2 I can remember right now that definitely carry them.

lebeatnik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
San Diego, California
we need a thanks button on the forum i think because a lot of people like me have questions and lots of people are so kind it would be nice to have thanks or karma or something that would be below your post count so instead of just having a lot of posts people will know how many times you helped someone and made a quality post. I would give both of you a "Thanks" or a "Karma" or something unique to vaping which i don't know what it would be.

Since i will probably need more cartos before i can get my hands on some from Ikenvape ill score some boges IMO these SmokTek Cartos work but just not that long all my opinion though cpi;d be my juice preferences and someone is the opposite of what i say so thanks for the help.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks baditude your always around to give good advice. not the "Forget all that go get a Provari" guys out their LOL

Part One
I will definitely be looking for some Ikenvape cartos although in the meantime (i appreciate the list I used it to source most of the cartos i have now) Like you said all the punched carton on Ikenvape are sold out, although which ones exactly are the ones i want of course 510 and probably LR, so the ones i would want to get are the: (top being most desirable?)
510 Mega Fusion LR Punch!
IKV 510 Platinum Punch! Cartomizer LR V2

One thing is you said SR I have Always used LR 2Ohm (even right now) maybe ill try a SR but can you convince me to change or is it just your preference i never really tried SR cartos but I have tried Dual coil Cartos at 2.5Ohm being two 0.75Ohm coils I believe? I would like to stock up if they are good enough (i have also NEVER seen them in stock before either, the Fusion carts)

I appreciate your help.
Thanks for kudos. :thumbs: Helping others getting started in vaping is a passion of mine, and I don't mind sharing my knowledge, experience, and opinions. It's my way of giving back to the community here which helped me along the way.

Your choice of SR or LR should be by preference from experience. You didn't mention what type of battery device you were using, so I only suggested what I use. I use primarily Provari's :p 90% of the time, so I find SR better suits my needs. I also prefer a cooler vape to a warmer one, so the SR better suits that preference. So what you posted are the correct cartos to get from IKV.

Concerning the tank-cracking flavors, the issue is one of a chemical reaction of certain flavors' molecules actually bonding with the molecules in polycarbonate plastic. As more and more bonds are made, the plastic weakens and either cracks or disintegrates. It's really not about the acidity level of the juice, although the end result is the same. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3733-6-something-safe-cinnamon-citrus-flavors.html

Interesting experience that you had with the Smok pyrex tanks. :( I'm wondering if you had used a Slap Yo Moma tank tool if the assembly of the carto into the tank would have been easier? Also using some e-liquid on the carto and tank tool helps lubricate them for easier assembly, as does using a twisting motion as opposed to a straight thrust into the end caps.

SYM.JPG Delrin SYM.jpg

I have three of the Triple V pyrex tanks from Valley View. They're very nice tanks and a nice value, too. They're just a little large in diameter for the slimmer APV's that I tend to use nowadays.

clear&frosted-tank-1.jpg

Last edited:

lebeatnik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
San Diego, California
Thanks for all your help but i do have one more question at the end,

Yeah i have a tank tool not a slap yo mamma one of the wedge type ones. The issue was seating the flange on the carto to the part of the tank that it needed to go into. That was my first try now when it has enough liquid it spins easily and i just spin it until it clicks in.

All my tanks are broken I have the fittings for an AGA tank, Dct fittings, and the fittings and a screw for a valley view tank the aluminum type, Ill P.I.F. them and maybe someone will send me something in return if then want them.

Question

Been looking at fusion cartos but IDK what the length of them are? is that the diff between the platinum and mega is the mega an XL? What size are the cartos in length? I need to know first as i currently only have an XL tank (i think all DCT tanks are) and because i need to know what tank size to buy (I tend to prefer the standard length tanks with a large diameter although that's because the size of my vamo but I think the next mod I get will probably be about the same size.

Also why do so many love 801's in their tanks as i have never seen a mod (without an adapter) that can use an 801??? Ive never seen a device with an 801 connection that could power these and a tank?? are they meant to be used with adapters?? if so should i get an adapter and see if i like the 801 over the 510? I have a 510/901 adapter would that work? (I've been using 901 atomizers i got a deal on 10 so i picked them up with am adapter.

On that site they basically say the following: 801's are best for flavor and vapor production and tends to produce less throat hit, 510's are said to be better for throat hit and vapor production. I prefer lowest possible throat hit and of course more flavor. So according to this I want to start using 801 Cartomizers some how????

Also what mods are those in your pictures the bolt? Silver bullet? nice and sleek looking are they regulated? kicked?

Thanks if you have any suggestions on anything please post!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread