Status
Not open for further replies.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
For a first mech it''s hard to beat the K100. That thing is just sexy, and it draws attention. I've converted half a dozen smokers so far just because they liked the look, and the hit you get for 60 bucks is pretty good.
Too bad the co-op is closed, I paid $65 for two of them shipped. But they are worth $60.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I'm looking for a new premium class mechanical battery mod for "mobile unit". Never had mech mods, my experience is slightly above zero. The candidates can be similar to Super T Precise Plus 18350, 16340. Can you suggest me other mods?

I personally wouldn't start with a mech mod, but everyone has to start somewhere, right? You might want to check out the silver bullet, alpha, and omega mods. Those are good looking and could be considered starter mechanicals.

erick

Feb 10, 2013
Kaunas
Thank You very much for useful information on mechanical mods. All of those (plus The BB) are really good, but not perfect, because constructed from 6061 aircraft aluminum, but not Stainless Steel. The other thing, I can't find the dimensions of those AltSmoke mods. I think they are larger than the Precision Plus, due to the side located button.
Till now I've found only three candidates of Premium class mech modes:
- Precision Plus;
- ELA;
- Poldiac.
Who knows more? :oops:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    What do you use for a tank/RBA? Most of the tanks are just as delicate.

This "tank & RBA" is about as durable as it gets.

P1000664_zpsa5ec759e.jpg

piruned

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2012
    huntsville, al
    i just bought an adam as my first mechanical mod. a few things i can say about it.

1, the price may not be for everyone. it is not cheap.

2, the switch can be finicky. it has something to do with the way it touches the brass housing that holds the spring. for some reason, it can prevent my button from being depressed, when extended and retracted to snug fit batteries.

3, it is supposed to play well with the kick. since using mine with an 18650 battery, i can see physical depressions being made in the brass on my kick. i assume it is too tight, so even backing the spring off (which can cause button problems) has not really helped.

if i had to do over, i would probably pass on the adam and try something cheaper. it does look nice, but given the issues i am having with it, for the price, i am unimpressed.

yuujin

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2013
    Asia
    i just bought an adam as my first mechanical mod. a few things i can say about it.

1, the price may not be for everyone. it is not cheap.

2, the switch can be finicky. it has something to do with the way it touches the brass housing that holds the spring. for some reason, it can prevent my button from being depressed, when extended and retracted to snug fit batteries.

3, it is supposed to play well with the kick. since using mine with an 18650 battery, i can see physical depressions being made in the brass on my kick. i assume it is too tight, so even backing the spring off (which can cause button problems) has not really helped.

if i had to do over, i would probably pass on the adam and try something cheaper. it does look nice, but given the issues i am having with it, for the price, i am unimpressed.

hmm, didnt know that about the adam. but i would really recommend the natural. similar (not telescoping) but much much cheaper.

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 25, 2012
    West Chester, Pa
    The Juggernaut - Juggernaut
    Full mech genny hybrid. Top of the line.
    One of the hardest mods to get.. especially with 310's awesome website that tends to throw error messages or crash at just a glance, The Jug is an awesome mod though vapes really well. My vote is a smok natural, try somethign cheap before you start spending the big money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread