First time using the SB and i now have a dead 510 atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Hello, just got my SB in the mail today. I charged the 2 protected 3 volt batteries and when they were charged i slapped them in to try them out.

Taking extra caution i tried it out with a 510 atty i was using all day long in my other mod. I made up a new cart with it and topped it off and added 2 extra drops on the atty just to make sure i dont burn it up.

I too about 4 drags off the SB and noticed that i must of flooded the atty as i heard some slurping. Thought, of well its got enough juice and should be good to go. On the next hit, no vapor! I thought, i must not of held the button in all the way and tried again.. nothing. Great.

Hurried up and checked the atty by installing it on a charged 510 battery and nothing. Then i checked the atty with a multimeter and found that the ohms says 183. Great! Dead atty.

Now how? Do i bother trying another atty or is something wrong with the stock 510 adaptor on the SB?

Anyway to test it before trying another atty??

EDIT: I just tested the voltage on the SB and its showing 6.80 volts.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Hello, just got my SB in the mail today. I charged the 2 protected 3 volt batteries and when they were charged i slapped them in to try them out.

Taking extra caution i tried it out with a 510 atty i was using all day long in my other mod. I made up a new cart with it and topped it off and added 2 extra drops on the atty just to make sure i dont burn it up.

I too about 4 drags off the SB and noticed that i must of flooded the atty as i heard some slurping. Thought, of well its got enough juice and should be good to go. On the next hit, no vapor! I thought, i must not of held the button in all the way and tried again.. nothing. Great.

Hurried up and checked the atty by installing it on a charged 510 battery and nothing. Then i checked the atty with a multimeter and found that the ohms says 183. Great! Dead atty.

Now how? Do i bother trying another atty or is something wrong with the stock 510 adaptor on the SB?

Anyway to test it before trying another atty??

EDIT: I just tested the voltage on the SB and its showing 6.80 volts.
Yes, try using a 3.7v battery. If there was something wrong with the stock adapter it would have never fired. 138 ohms is a bad atty, remember 3.0v batteries are 3.6v at full charge.

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
?? So i cant use 6 volts on this as most others? I have a 3.7v battery charging as well.

Just tried another atty and damn is this thing hitting hard like a cig! lol.

So whats the issue? Dont use 6 volts or dont use it with a 510 atty?

510 are a low resistance atty to begin with, so it will run at a higher wattage than a 901 or 801.... I personnaly hate the 510 at 6v. Try it out at 3.7 you will be surprised :) So to answer your question most have better luck with an 801/901 on 6v.
Chad

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Ok thanks for the info.. With this baby runing at 6.80 volts is like WOW! lol. Holy cow batman! This shurly would get the job done quick in the morning with a couple of hits insted of smoking 2-3 cigs in a row to get my nic on.. lol. Great product! Now i just need to find some money for a 801 adaptor and 801 attys for the 6 volt fun.

I'll say this.. Fits like a glove in my large hands. I'm 6'4" tall. I've noticed i've dropped my new Protege a few times as its so small. I thought the SB would be larger then i'm happy its not. Fits perfectly in my hands. :)

Cant wait to try it out at 3.7v.. Something is telling me its gona be better then the protege.

Thanks for the awesome PV!

When my wife seen it she said "You've lost your mind!" lol.. She dont smoke but i bet if she still did it would be "Wheres mine?"

Last edited:

cddz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Ok thanks for the info.. With this baby runing at 6.80 volts is like WOW! lol. Holy cow batman! This shurly would get the job done quick in the morning with a couple of hits insted of smoking 2-3 cigs in a row to get my nic on.. lol. Great product! Now i just need to find some money for a 801 adaptor and 801 attys for the 6 volt fun.

I'll say this.. Fits like a glove in my large hands. I'm 6'4" tall. I've noticed i've dropped my new Protege a few times as its so small. I thought the SB would be larger then it is but happy its not. Fits perfectly in my hands. :)

Cant wait to try it out at 3.7v.. Something is telling me its gona be better then the protege.

Thanks for the awesome PV!

When my wife seen it she said "You've lost your mind!" lol.. She dont smoke but i bet if she still did it would be "Wheres mine?"
LOL yes a 510 at 6v will knock your socks off

Wakadoo

Sep 8, 2009
El Paso, TX

I'll say this.. Fits like a glove in my large hands. I'm 6'4" tall. I've noticed i've dropped my new Protege a few times as its so small. I thought the SB would be larger then i'm happy its not. Fits perfectly in my hands. :)

For what it's worth I switch on and off between 6v and 3.7v. I usually do 6v first thing in the morning with some of Drew's HV juice and same in the evening after dinner. Most other times during the day I stay at 3.7v and it's perfect for me. I haven't had any atty issues yet but I have heard that the 510's don't last as long under constant 6v. Main thing is to make sure they don't dry out.

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
For what it's worth I switch on and off between 6v and 3.7v. I usually do 6v first thing in the morning with some of Drew's HV juice and same in the evening after dinner. Most other times during the day I stay at 3.7v and it's perfect for me. I haven't had any atty issues yet but I have heard that the 510's don't last as long under constant 6v. Main thing is to make sure they don't dry out.
I killed a 510 atty the first day I had my SB but now I have been using the same one all week. I learned to keep it wet and also to take 2 second drags. I just can't do the 3.7 volt thing. I gotta have 6....lol

Wakadoo

Sep 8, 2009
El Paso, TX
I killed a 510 atty the first day I had my SB but now I have been using the same one all week. I learned to keep it wet and also to take 2 second drags. I just can't do the 3.7 volt thing. I gotta have 6....lol

heheh I hear ya, 6v is awesome but I find myself vaping quite a bit so I try to not 6v vape so much so I don't go through juice so much. Although Drews HV juice is awesome for 6v.

Wakadoo

Sep 8, 2009
El Paso, TX
Thanks for the advice.. I think i'll stick with dripping for the 6 volt option. How many drips are safe and so i dont flood it?

I think it's kind of hard to flood the atty at 6v. I drip 3-4 drops myself, because at that voltage it heats up the juice pretty quick. You just gotta be careful not to burn the atty up, but you'll be able to tell by the taste when it starts drying out.

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
heheh I hear ya, 6v is awesome but I find myself vaping quite a bit so I try to not 6v vape so much so I don't go through juice so much. Although Drews HV juice is awesome for 6v.

Yea I use 3 to 4 drops at a time and do it often...I make my own juice so it's cheap. Doesn't matter how much I use.

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
It is not the Silver Bullet, it has to be the atomizer or it is being used dry..... I got a Silver Bullet and have used it with 510, 801 and 901 with absolutely no problems...... The Silver Bullet is a very well built Mod with no problems...... They work great as long as you keep the wick wet......
I have used my attys for over 2 weeks, I think...... Great vapor, great throat hit, good taste...... No offense, but I think the problem is the operator......
Am not affiliated with Silver Bullet in any way........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread